Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Close but not quite twins...we have different fingers messed up...lol.

It's not the prettiest rifle but I kind of got it in mind that I wanted a Tikka or Bergara with a wood stock and I wasn't finding them in stock. Had sort of convinced myself to pass on a new .308 altogether when I got the fateful email and got carried away on more rifle than I had considered.

My finger is starting to heal enough that I played guitar at the 75% level today (still some chords that are too painful). I hope that your injury is coming-along, but of course you're still fresh from the incident. It's probably gonna take a while.

I, also, have an affliction for wood stocks. I'd spotted a .308 CZ model that made my heart flutter .... but of course the appearance has no effect on the accuracy.
    Still ... I might hold-out for something wooden !

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I am trying to figure out if a Vortex VMX-3T will work with any of my Eotechs. Looking for optic center line heights and just coming up empty.

Edit.....wait.....you read with your face.....:scratch:
    It will. I had one behind mine. Very handy dandy. Reversible, and spacer will allow user to setup for absolute or lower1/3 cowitness. The flip feature is very solid. It is a plunger release as opposed to just a detent lock. Much sturdier IMO. You definitely want one.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Pro tip: MBUS Pro sits perfectly on top of charging handle for max real estate as seen. Allows for mo betta eye relief tolerance. That's also why I was a stickler for side buttons. You'll dig it.
    659e2d6fea8e31dd543abac285097196.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It will. I had one behind mine. Very handy dandy. Reversible, and spacer will allow user to setup for absolute or lower1/3 cowitness. The flip feature is very solid. It is a plunger release as opposed to just a detent lock. Much sturdier IMO. You definitely want one.

It is in the mail (soon)

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Will you be lining it yourself or hiring that out? Assuming doing it yourself given how much work you already have into it. What kind of liner material do you use?

I'm probably going to have it linex'ed. I wouldn't mind doing it myself but I think a professional job would hold up better. We use the heck out of that little truck.

I've read about the herculiner on the hootus, wow.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm probably going to have it linex'ed. I wouldn't mind doing it myself but I think a professional job would hold up better. We use the heck out of that little truck.

I've read about the herculiner on the hootus, wow.

I could tell by the dents in the wheel tubs that you guys work that little rig.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom