Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I'd rather lick a leather boot than drink coffee black.

I just hope the kids are nice to me at the kiddie table...:cool:
    I'll be there. Can't drink it black either.

If your in for a laugh on TV, wife got me into Santa Clarita Diet recently. Have you ever watched Dexter (Showtime)?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I dunno if anyone shoots .30-30... "Stranger Things" is only worth watching the first two seasons (yep, I said it).

I do partake in the 30-30. Wish I had time to go up there. I have a decent stock, but always trying to hoard more.

Season 3 of ST was"Ok". The plot started to run dry, but the humor was good. Side note: Millie Bobby Brown is developing into a good actress. Enola Holmes is a good movie.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I do partake in the 30-30. Wish I had time to go up there. I have a decent stock, but always trying to hoard more.

Season 3 of ST was"Ok". The plot started to run dry, but the humor was good. Side note: Millie Bobby Brown is developing into a good actress. Enola Holmes is a good movie.

Unfortunately, it's a good hour drive from me and the little that I picked up is earmarked for family who can't find .30-30 within a 2 hour drive.

I would say it was just okay at best. I think that it was somewhat predictable, and they had their facts all wrong. 8:30 mid summer in Indiana and it's pitch black outside? Absurd. I guess it could be central time, but even 8:30 mid summer in Purdue is too light for my tastes.but the plot got repetitive.it just seemed to me that they were out of ideas. Haven't seen that, I'll check it out.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Unfortunately, it's a good hour drive from me and the little that I picked up is earmarked for family who can't find .30-30 within a 2 hour drive.

I would say it was just okay at best. I think that it was somewhat predictable, and they had their facts all wrong. 8:30 mid summer in Indiana and it's pitch black outside? Absurd. I guess it could be central time, but even 8:30 mid summer in Purdue is too light for my tastes.but the plot got repetitive.it just seemed to me that they were out of ideas. Haven't seen that, I'll check it out.
    Being as I don't really "play" with 30-30 much, I'm not that hard up. One of my favorite whitetail rounds though. Considering the direction we're heading, I'm stocking for then.

Gonna give the 87a a rest until parts come in. Got hosed on the Weaver V22 replacement. Bid went past $92! Gonna fix up a loose buttstock on the Stevens 72 after I feed Tiny Satan bfast #2.

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I loved Dexter, great show. I'm so glad Hannah:wwub: worked out.
    I miss Sgt. Doakes. He was the best.....

d62b8ef520df9d019099d115ba00d68a.jpg

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Being as I don't really "play" with 30-30 much, I'm not that hard up. One of my favorite whitetail rounds though. Considering the direction we're heading, I'm stocking for then.

Yeah. Our family kid's hunting rifle is an old H&R single shot. The rubber buttpad is basically a rock after 50+ years of use. I've been looking at a Tikka T3x compact in 7mm-08 for a next gen kid's rifle. Though, in our deer woods the 30-30 will work for 90+% of the shots - I just like the idea of a slightly gentler .270 Win.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Good morning all! I finally went to the range with my M1 Garand and really enjoyed shooting it. Loved the 30-06 and the ping when the en bloc clip was ejected.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Eventually you're gonna have to learn to drink it black if you don't wanna sit with the kids at Thanksgiving. ;)
    :lmfao:

Good morning, gangsters ! May Santa sprinkle some ammo (and gun parts) under your holiday tree !
    I need to find some gifts for the wife.... time is running short !

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Coffee is black most of the time. Occasionally I'll buy a fancy drink if I'm getting it out somewhere, and sometimes I put creamer in it at home just for something different.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Good morning all! I finally went to the range with my M1 Garand and really enjoyed shooting it. Loved the 30-06 and the ping when the en bloc clip was ejected.
    I loved that part too, Wizard.... when the clip ejected. '88 let me shoot his at the FGE .

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning all! Just got caught up in this thread. It was a nice weekend. Went hiking again with the little ones to a different park. We actually got to see a fox in the wild, which was pretty cool. The little ones did a super job, so we stopped and got some ice cream on the way home.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'd rather lick a leather boot than drink coffee black.

I just hope the kids are nice to me at the kiddie table...:cool:

Well at the likelihood of being ostracized even more than normal, I'll say that I have never developed the taste for coffee at all (really don't do any warm drinks at all... grew up in FL after all) and these days due to Dr recommendation, don't do any caffeine. Used to really depend on Mt Dew, etc for many years, but now it's typically sprite, water or lemonade.

I'm sure I'll be banned soon for this statement.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Well at the likelihood of being ostracized even more than normal, I'll say that I have never developed the taste for coffee at all (really don't do any warm drinks at all... grew up in FL after all) and these days due to Dr recommendation, don't do any caffeine. Used to really depend on Mt Dew, etc for many years, but now it's typically sprite, water or lemonade.

I'm sure I'll be banned soon for this statement.
    My wife doesn't drink coffee either. I make her sleep on the couch sometimes. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom