SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Y.... Y-you've seen the videos, right?

giphy.gif

I get holding judgement on some things... but video can take a lot of that speculation away

Right here this is what I'm talkin about.

EZNtGpRWoAY0Ns1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZNtGpRWoAY0Ns1?format=jpg&name=large

EZNtGpRWoAY0Ns1

EZNtGpRWoAY0Ns1

How many times has it been said on these forums not to jump to conclusions when these types of events happen.

Edit: and more https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/29/george-floyd-died-police-restraint-combined-health/

I mean it seems to me they are saying he didn't die from being choked to death from the officer's knee on him. Instead, they seem to be suggesting he died from a heart attack because of the stress of the situation. Therefore, IF that is proven true, the officer may not be guilty of murder.

I can hear the defense attorney's question now, "Doctor, in your expert opinion, if Mr Floyd had not had a heart attack, would he have survive 9 mins with the defendant's knee on his neck?"

and depending on the answer, it could be case closed.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Its probably already been said in this thread but we don't know all the evidence.

And now even some LEs are jumping on the prejudgement bandwagon.

Negative. LE are jumping on the they ****ed up bandwagon. And they did. Positional asphyxiation, like I said. The knee on the neck is a different issue. Holding a guy down on his face is a known risk in LE and one that was not warranted here. But let's branch out. You give me ANY scenario that allows a police officer to legally and ethically hold a suspect who is not physically combative prone. Any scenario at all. He shot a cop fifteen seconds before they handcuffed him. He kicked the **** out of twelve officers and knocked out a mule. Anything at all you like. You do that and I'll kiss your ass in front of the courthouse and you give you half an hour to draw a crowd. But you can't, because it doesn't exist. Once he's under control it is the officer's responsibility to safeguard him and his health.

Dude, this **** is not academic to me. I've had an in-custody death. It was a fight that left me seriously injured and him, eventually, dead. It sucked worse then shooting someone a hundred fold. Shooting someone who needed to be shot was nothing. I was actually a little worried about how not worried I was. Being involved in a man's death that I didn't mean to die was heart-wrenching. You know what saved me from a massive civil suit? It was recorded. I made him lay on his side. I held him there despite him continuing to fight me and a deputy and despite the fact I was injured and needed medical aid myself. On the recording you can hear me telling him he can't lay on his stomach because it can kill him while he yells "eff you" at me. He was alive when I left him to get in an ambulance myself but was dead when he arrived at lockup.

So tell me, give me one scenario where these guys were justified in holding down someone not fighting them, even if he had been fighting earlier.

Save your judgey bull**** for someone who hasn't been there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ben Crump clearly has no idea about the law. While I agree that this was likely murder, there is no way it could be construed as first degree (pre-meditated) murder. He's a scumbag. No better than an ambulance chaser.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Negative. LE are jumping on the they ****ed up bandwagon. And they did. Positional asphyxiation, like I said. The knee on the neck is a different issue. Holding a guy down on his face is a known risk in LE and one that was not warranted here. But let's branch out. You give me ANY scenario that allows a police officer to legally and ethically hold a suspect who is not physically combative prone. Any scenario at all. He shot a cop fifteen seconds before they handcuffed him. He kicked the **** out of twelve officers and knocked out a mule. Anything at all you like. You do that and I'll kiss your ass in front of the courthouse and you give you half an hour to draw a crowd. But you can't, because it doesn't exist. Once he's under control it is the officer's responsibility to safeguard him and his health.

Dude, this **** is not academic to me. I've had an in-custody death. It was a fight that left me seriously injured and him, eventually, dead. It sucked worse then shooting someone a hundred fold. Shooting someone who needed to be shot was nothing. I was actually a little worried about how not worried I was. Being involved in a man's death that I didn't mean to die was heart-wrenching. You know what saved me from a massive civil suit? It was recorded. I made him lay on his side. I held him there despite him continuing to fight me and a deputy and despite the fact I was injured and needed medical aid myself. On the recording you can hear me telling him he can't lay on his stomach because it can kill him while he yells "eff you" at me. He was alive when I left him to get in an ambulance myself but was dead when he arrived at lockup.

So tell me, give me one scenario where these guys were justified in holding down someone not fighting them, even if he had been fighting earlier.

Everything I'm seeing on the news backs you up BBI (unsurprisingly). Everything that you've said all along is being repeated.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Anybody who knows me personally and wants to see a video of officers doing it right, let me know. I recently did an administrative review of use of force (required for anything other than unresisted handcuffing on my department) where officers had to use force on a guy who, while high and probably mentally ill, and destroyed a gas station bathroom. Like tearing stuff off the walls level of destruction. He had human excrement on and around him. He had to be handcuffed and leg shackled before he stopped fighting and, as mentioned, covered in filth. They held him down by his pelvis and legs and had him on his side. They recognized the risk factors and used their training and professionalism. They did it right.

So, anybody, open challenge. Get your ass kissed in the town square. Justify not being able to put this guy on his side. Justify continuing to hold him down with weight on his torso.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Everything I'm seeing on the news backs you up BBI (unsurprisingly). Everything that you've said all along is being repeated.

Like I said, man, not my first rodeo and none of this is secret in LE circles. I'm not some unique guru here. This stuff has been known for decades. This isn't just somebody losing their temper and getting in a "late hit" or the like. I can understand and forgive that. You've got to pay for it, actions have consequences, but I understand. This I can't understand. I hate it. I hate the reaction to it. That's why I said what I said about participation. Not that I feel like somebody is picking on me or the like, but holy **** how much negativity do I need to roll in? For what? I'm taking tomorrow off work and going to the woods. If the world burns somebody else can put it out. I'm done.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Like I said, man, not my first rodeo and none of this is secret in LE circles. I'm not some unique guru here. This stuff has been known for decades. This isn't just somebody losing their temper and getting in a "late hit" or the like. I can understand and forgive that. You've got to pay for it, actions have consequences, but I understand. This I can't understand. I hate it. I hate the reaction to it. That's why I said what I said about participation. Not that I feel like somebody is picking on me or the like, but holy **** how much negativity do I need to roll in? For what? I'm taking tomorrow off work and going to the woods. If the world burns somebody else can put it out. I'm done.

Enjoy your time in the woods! That sounds like a good plan. I'm ready for some woods time myself.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Ben Crump clearly has no idea about the law. While I agree that this was likely murder, there is no way it could be construed as first degree (pre-meditated) murder. He's a scumbag. No better than an ambulance chaser.

I disagree. I can't imagine he intended on his death. Negligent homicide yes. And the charges were rushed to keep it in jurisdiction, and to calm down the rioters. One thing about the probable cause, it says potential intoxicants. It sounds like there's nothing firm that he was on any.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Enjoy your day off tomorrow BBI. Never know, things might be better when you get back. I’m not holding my breath either, but it’s a good thought.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Got your back as always brother.
    Do not let some of these all knowing keyboard gurus get you wrapped up it ain’t worth it. Burgers are on me.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Oh great... watching NBC news and apparently Obama has weighed in on this now. Can't wait to hear his take on it (not). :rolleyes:
    “Uuuuuhhhh, the cops acted stupidly” would be appropriate in this case anyway.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well fellow INGOers, it 1830 in Minneapolis. What’s the over/under on a Jiffy Lube getting torched tonight?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

I occasionally dabble in the listening of said hip hop, and I remember years ago during the Michael brown instance they kept asking lil Wayne his opinion on black lives matter. He said it sounds weird to him, all lives matter. He said he thought racism was dead for the most part, when he has a concert it’s all different colors in the crowd. They kept hounding him with the same question over and over trying to get him to support black lives matter. He stood up, ripped the microphone off his shirt, and told them he’s done he ain’t a f****in politician. I gained a lot of respect for the guy after that. He gave his opinion instead of following the trend. He risked backlash, being in the industry he’s in, to give his honest views instead of toting a line people expected him to. It was refreshing. I don’t particularly care for most of his songs, but I listen to a few... regardless, I have a whole new respect for the man.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yeah....I dunno. I'm too upset right now to make a rational statement about this.

The picture that keeps coming to me is a dog-catcher doing the same thing to a large dog with a muzzle on. Unfortunately, I think a lot more people would be furious if it was a Golden Retriever.

So....I'm just going to cool my jets for awhile on this. I can't say what I mean without getting angry.

Your post is a good one, however.

I got him for ya.

Thank you sir.

When I first saw the video I was livid. I understand the outrage from the black community. It shouldn’t just be the black community that’s outraged. We should all be outraged. A defenseless man was essentially choked to death while in custody from people we entrust to protect us. The entire country should be outraged. But when you riot, it creates a divide. Now instead of us being able to unite and find a solution, you’re forced to choose to support riots, or be against them. This shouldn’t be about riots. This should be about justice.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm gonna do it, because Colin was correct. I thought he was overreacting at the time, and made fun of him.

I was wrong.

No. Not really. Seeing what happened on that video sure does stir some emotions. What those officers did was wrong. And, Idunno. I've never heard of 4 cops handling a non-combative white guy suspected of passing a bad $20 like that. So I suspect they had some preconceived notions about him that were at least a little racist. That doesn't make the whole system corrupt. I have seen many, many police officers speak out about this and not one has tried to justify this or make any excuses. They're all saying this was wrong. THAT'S NOT INSTITUTIONAL RACISM!

It's not a systemic problem. It's an individual problem in an occupation that has 800000 sworn full time police officers and every day most of them do it right. Every now and again some of the real ****heads wearing badges that they shouldn't have, that do it wrong, it goes viral, and then people have these knee jerk reactions where they're ready to condemn all of the other 800K. No. Kaepernick is as full of **** as a ***** struck privileged ass football player could possibly be.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Thank you sir.

When I first saw the video I was livid. I understand the outrage from the black community. It shouldn’t just be the black community that’s outraged. We should all be outraged. A defenseless man was essentially choked to death while in custody from people we entrust to protect us. The entire country should be outraged. But when you riot, it creates a divide. Now instead of us being able to unite and find a solution, you’re forced to choose to support riots, or be against them. This shouldn’t be about riots. This should be about justice.

My wife delivered a PUDC to our backdoor neighbor a few minutes ago. He's a minister.

His wife was outside. Said she'd been outside all day because the minister was so angry about Floyd's death.

So, I figure when a republican Protestant minister and an agnostic democrat agree and get angry over the same death it's takes us out of "keyboard warrior" status.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom