• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Its probably already been said in this thread but we don't know all the evidence.

And now even some LEs are jumping on the prejudgement bandwagon.

giphy.gif

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Y.... Y-you've seen the videos, right?

giphy.gif

I get holding judgement on some things... but video can take a lot of that speculation away

Right here this is what I'm talkin about.

EZNtGpRWoAY0Ns1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZNtGpRWoAY0Ns1?format=jpg&name=large

EZNtGpRWoAY0Ns1

EZNtGpRWoAY0Ns1

How many times has it been said on these forums not to jump to conclusions when these types of events happen.

Edit: and more https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/29/george-floyd-died-police-restraint-combined-health/

I mean it seems to me they are saying he didn't die from being choked to death from the officer's knee on him. Instead, they seem to be suggesting he died from a heart attack because of the stress of the situation. Therefore, IF that is proven true, the officer may not be guilty of murder.

I can hear the defense attorney's question now, "Doctor, in your expert opinion, if Mr Floyd had not had a heart attack, would he have survive 9 mins with the defendant's knee on his neck?"

and depending on the answer, it could be case closed.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I still think he's overreacting. Or let me say, "reacting in the wrong manner" - by giving tacit approval to the rioters. Does something need to be done? Probably. Is burning down peoples' property that had nothing to do with any of it the right thing to do? Definitely not. Nor should that be encouraged.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I still think he's overreacting. Or let me say, "reacting in the wrong manner" - by giving tacit approval to the rioters. Does something need to be done? Probably. Is burning down peoples' property that had nothing to do with any of it the right thing to do? Definitely not. Nor should that be encouraged.

Of course I don't agree with rioting. But kneeling as a protest is not rioting. To tell you the truth, this incident has me so furious, I'd take a knee with him.

I look at Mr Floyd and see a son. I see police brutality against family. Another American citizen. And I'm furious.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Of course I don't agree with rioting. But kneeling as a protest is not rioting. To tell you the truth, this incident has me so furious, I'd take a knee with him.

I look at Mr Floyd and see a son. I see police brutality against family. Another American citizen. And I'm furious.
    Well, then I will agree to disagree upon how to handle this. I agree that this was a travesty. I still don't believe that it's a nationwide systemic problem. I do agree that there is a localized problem.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I hear people say that they're being "treated like animals", I don't think the wisest course of action is to protest that by... wait for it... acting like animals. Dale Carnegie would not approve.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

I understand the outrage. I’d be PO’d also if it were my son, father, or brother this happened to. It should never happen, he was detained and and cooperative.

But... I don’t believe what Colin stands (or kneels) for is correct either. He’s said it’s systematic racism. The system, today at least, isn’t racist. There aren’t laws that differentiate between races. Are some people in the system racist? Sure. I’m willing to bet there are some blacks people in the system that are racists as well. That doesn’t mean the system is racist.

If this wasn’t a black and white issue, and we just focused on police having better training and making these instances less common, regardless of the race effected, I would agree with Colin. But claiming the system is racist, while making more money in a year than most will in a lifetime, is insulting to the good hard working blacks and whites out there that see this for what it truly is. This isn’t targeting blacks. This is a lack of police training, and a failure from his coworkers to step in and make him get off a detained individuals neck.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If this happened to my family, I guarantee my reaction would be more intense.

Much more.
    Understood. What's the excuse for people in LA, Columbus, OH, and Louisville for burning **** down? He wasn't their family. They're looking for an excuse to get free ****. Again, this is a localized incident, and should be handled appropriately in that location. Not buying that whole "All cops are out to get blacks" BS. It just isn't true.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I understand the outrage. I’d be PO’d also if it were my son, father, or brother this happened to. It should never happen, he was detained and and cooperative.

But... I don’t believe what Colin stands (or kneels) for is correct either. He’s said it’s systematic racism. The system, today at least, isn’t racist. There aren’t laws that differentiate between races. Are some people in the system racist? Sure. I’m willing to bet there are some blacks people in the system that are racists as well. That doesn’t mean the system is racist.

If this wasn’t a black and white issue, and we just focused on police having better training and making these instances less common, regardless of the race effected, I would agree with Colin. But claiming the system is racist, while making more money in a year than most will in a lifetime, is insulting to the good hard working blacks and whites out there that see this for what it truly is. This isn’t targeting blacks. This is a lack of police training, and a failure from his coworkers to step in and make him get off a detained individuals neck.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hatin Since 87 again.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Lloyd's own family are calling for the riots to stop. The rioters should listen to them. If they don't, then they have their own agenda and it has nothing to do with George Lloyd.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Yeah....I dunno. I'm too upset right now to make a rational statement about this.

The picture that keeps coming to me is a dog-catcher doing the same thing to a large dog with a muzzle on. Unfortunately, I think a lot more people would be furious if it was a Golden Retriever.

So....I'm just going to cool my jets for awhile on this. I can't say what I mean without getting angry.

Your post is a good one, however.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got him for ya.

Thank you. :thumbsup: And your reaction is a rational one as well. It's okay (and right) to be angry about all this. It's the reaction (not yours) to it that I have a problem with. I'm pissed at people on both sides - the cops that did what they did, and also at the people that are reacting by destroying the property and livelihood of people that had nothing to do with it. There's a whole lot of "wrong" in all of this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom