• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What? It's clear that the regulars in his own administration don't really like Trump, and some have even worked to help oust him. And I'm surprised that you're asking me to prove the negative. You made the statement. It's up to you to prove the positive. Also, about the support of overreach, it is not the case that lack of stopping it is evidence of tacit support. You show me that Trump was aware and approves. The burden is on you, not me.

I just want to be sure I understand you.

Are you saying that Trump is not responsible - by default - for the actions of the Trump administration?

If I'm reading that correctly, I strongly disagree.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Are you saying that Trump is not responsible - by default - for the actions of the Trump administration?

That’s an oversimplification of what I’m saying, which you eagerly disagree with. I disagree with your oversimplification too. So now maybe address my actual points.

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis

Agreeing with Jamil:

Reductio ad absurdum is also known as "reducing to an absurdity." It involves characterizing an opposing argument in such a way that it seems to be ridiculous, or the consequences of the position seem ridiculous.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That’s an oversimplification of what I’m saying, which you eagerly disagree with. I disagree with your oversimplification too. So now maybe address my actual points.

I guess I don't understand your points, then.

The Trump administration has taken action against pistol braces. Trump is responsible for the actions of his administration. Trump has taken no action to suggest he is opposed to the actions taken by his administration in regards to pistol braces.

It is not logical to suggest that the president doesn't support the actions of his own administration. If you are making that argument, please support it with some type of evidence.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    KLB, my father was an air traffic controller in 1981.

Please enlighten me on how little control a president has over federal employees.
    The ones who went on strike? They gave him means to do so.

A regular GS employee is VERY hard to get rid of.

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis

Absolutely right!

AND, as much as it may annoy some folks on here, the urgency of dealing with a shutdown of the commercial airline industry is significantly higher for a President than an action taken by the ATF that likely has a direct impact on less than 1% of the population.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The Trump administration has taken action against pistol braces. Trump is responsible for the actions of his administration. Trump has taken no action to suggest he is opposed to the actions taken by his administration in regards to pistol braces.

It is not logical to suggest that the president doesn't support the actions of his own administration. If you are making that argument, please support it with some type of evidence.

Trump is responsible for his administration in that the buck stops with him. That does not mean that he supports or intends every jot and tittle generated by his administration. But you're inferring that he has a personal anti-gun stance, based on the outcome, and that's simply not supported. I think you have some animus against Trump, and you know, fair enough. He's not the most unifying president. But I think that animus makes you quite eager to find reasons to assign intents that aren't evident. Is Trump anti-gun? No. I don't think so. Is Trump a Fudd? Yeah, I kinda think he is. Did Trump direct the ATF to **** with the brace issue? I don't see any direct evidence that he has.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I appreciate the clarification. I was not, in fact, following you.

Trump is responsible for his administration in that the buck stops with him. That does not mean that he supports or intends every jot and tittle generated by his administration. But you're inferring that he has a personal anti-gun stance, based on the outcome, and that's simply not supported. I think you have some animus against Trump, and you know, fair enough. He's not the most unifying president. But I think that animus makes you quite eager to find reasons to assign intents that aren't evident. Is Trump anti-gun? No. I don't think so. Is Trump a Fudd? Yeah, I kinda think he is. Did Trump direct the ATF to **** with the brace issue? I don't see any direct evidence that he has.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Well none of the last letter from the atf seems to have stuck. Q's lawyers seem to be tearing them down. So now the atf revised how lop is measured...

Attachments

• 121228879_2866748406893628_6520017860885061356_o.jpg
      121228879_2866748406893628_6520017860885061356_o.jpg
      89.3 KB · Views: 67

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's Trump's administration. These are Trump's employees operating under the supervision of Trump...literally EVERYTHING they do is an extension of Trump's authority.

If Trump didn't want this action he could stop it in an instant...but he chooses not to. Do you really think the guy who ordered the bumpstock ban supports your right to own a pistol brace?

What evidence do you have to support that view?

Keep posting this crap so we know just how much you do not know. Heck, Trump could not even remove a guy openly against him, in the White House for several months. Look up the definition of civil service employees. Even Obama wishes he had the power you describe...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    KLB, my father was an air traffic controller in 1981.

Please enlighten me on how little control a president has over federal employees.

How do you compare negotiations on a union contract to control of a bureaucratic agency that the President only gets to appoint the head? The employees in the swamp just wait out a president they don't agree with while trying to damage him if they can. That is exactly what is going on here...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Hey if if you want it this way I can agree, now let's start by arresting Obama for his IRS politically targeting conservative groups if that is the standard...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Yes they did. I know 3 people that got started in this career because those people walked out of a non-walk out job. 1 was a lifelong friend and is retired from ATC because they never walked out. Settled in the right way. Say what you will I was 31 years old and remember it very well.

They put the national security at risk. Shame on them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Keep posting this crap so we know just how much you do not know. Heck, Trump could not even remove a guy openly against him, in the White House for several months. Look up the definition of civil service employees. Even Obama wishes he had the power you describe...

The unions are strong. I listened to a podcast (This American Life?) a while back about a school building in NYC(I think) that is staffed with nothing but teachers they WANT to fire, but cannot due to union rules. No kids are in the building, just teachers showing up to sit at a desk and do whatever they want for 8 hours a day and get paid for doing nothing. Crazy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Brother you are beating a drum he will not hear. The 3rd stage "TDS" is strong with this one. I will just never understand it. Seriously.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The unions are strong. I listened to a podcast (This American Life?) a while back about a school building in NYC(I think) that is staffed with nothing but teachers they WANT to fire, but cannot due to union rules. No kids are in the building, just teachers showing up to sit at a desk and do whatever they want for 8 hours a day and get paid for doing nothing. Crazy.

I have read about that school before, it is crazy. I do love it that our friends in private unions are bucking the the union administration and voting for Trump because they see him trying to get jobs back in this country...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

That's a great episode of TAL!

Top Bottom