• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Brother you are beating a drum he will not hear. The 3rd stage "TDS" is strong with this one. I will just never understand it. Seriously.

You would have to start by being willing to accept that I think Donald Trump is a genuinely horrible person. He's a proven liar, swindler, adulterer, and the worst kind of bully. He's not very smart. He's not at all kind. He's not even a little bit forward-thinking. He's a draft dodger for ****'s sake.

Next you would have to be willing to accept that I honestly don't think he's doing a good job. I'm not interested in "not the democrats" as a standard of governance...especially from a group of people who regularly prove themselves to be no better than the democrats at all. I'm not interested in packing the federal courts with the Heritage Foundation's preferred judges. Their goals are not my goals. Their oligarchy isn't compatible with my liberty.

Finally, you'd have to be willing to try to understand that -for me- intellectual and ideological consistency are more important to me than backing a partisan winner of a system that is too broken to fix. I don't understand how any liberty-minded person can look at the federal system and be anything but enraged. We get nothing but the worst that our two parties have to offer, and there is plenty to be upset about if you are willing to look...however, the political dialog has degraded so much - even here - that subtlety and nuance have no place. Nope...it's just TDS...Orange Man Bad...these are lazy deflections in attempt to avoid truthful criticism, useful only to shut down both conversation and personal reflection.

Being part of the winning team means nothing to me if I have to abandon my values to join, and that pretty well sums up how I feel about the republicans right now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    On the other hand, maybe you're more open to seeing Trump's faults than you are to seeing the faults of the person or party you're supporting. Has that occurred to you?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    On the other hand, maybe you're more open to seeing Trump's faults than you are to seeing the faults of the person or party you're supporting. Has that occurred to you?

I was specifically addressing why I disapprove of Trump and the Republicans.

If you would like me to tell you why I disapprove of Biden and the democrats I surely can, but it won't be anything you and the others on the site aren't already aware of...we share a common distaste for the democrats.

There are only two taps. Both dispense ****. Turn off one tap, the other turn on. No better...just ****.

I have had enough of the republican's **** for a while, why is that so hard to accept?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Can you all seriously stop the nonsense on this thread. Idgaf about unions, atc, or your stance on trump. The off topic banter ruins good threads on ingo. This fight q is in has serious implications on our rights. If you want to talk about braces cool, if you want to type angrily at internet people go to the breakroom.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

If you would like me to tell you why I disapprove of Biden and the democrats I surely can, but it won't be anything you and the others on the site aren't already aware of...we share a common distaste for the democrats.

There are only two taps. Both dispense ****. Turn off one tap, the other turn on. No better...just ****.

I have had enough of the republican's **** for a while, why is that so hard to accept?

Perferction is not a human trait. From all of your postings you are looking for a perfect fit, you are not going to find it ever.

I see the coming election as having huge impact for those that really care about 2A (we in subsequent points) and freedom.

The democratic platform say it all, we know what we get if they win.

Third parties have never had a chance, so we have no idea what they might actually do. Anecdotal story, I helped a seemingly great guy get elected to put his sanity to the crazies on the board, he became the craziest of all. Never know what people without a track record may do.

And Trump, he has appointed decent judges and could appoint as many as three more. That would hopefully give us a beachhead. He has done a good job holding the dogs of gun control away in the aftermath of two very ugly shootings involving so many innocent people.

Lastly, is a bad outcome the fault of the unit if command underestimated the strength of the enemy? From your postings you grossly underestimate the strength of the permanent DC swamp and the major changes that are necessary to bring them to heel. Even elected representatives are overwhelmed. The typical state senator gets elected to US house, goes the DC with a couple of close confidants. In DC they are assigned a staff, our new elected official and confidants end up being about 15% of their team. The appointed staff is selected to preserve the power of those in charge.

The swamp is real, and will be real nasty to tame, DJT has done the best job of starting the arduous process of that taming. This whole brace episode is a manifestation of the difficulty taming the swamp, do you really think Trump wanted this just weeks before an election he needs gun owners to win? Would be a real shame if that actually reversed. Hope most of you give him that chance...

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Can you all seriously stop the nonsense on this thread. Idgaf about unions, atc, or your stance on trump. The off topic banter ruins good threads on ingo. This fight q is in has serious implications on our rights. If you want to talk about braces cool, if you want to type angrily at internet people go to the breakroom.

Amen. I thought this was about the brave ban. I think we can all agree we would love less government/ career politicians. The brave ban to me is a little unsettling because previously legal devises are now reclassified as illegal unless we spend more money to keep them. If we knew that it was going to be an SBR at the time most would just buy a regular stock at a cheaper price. It doesn't make sense to put a brave on a gun if you are just going to have to register it as such. Basically we are letting them ban braces without actually banning them. Who is going to put a $100- $150 brace on their SBR when they could just run a Magpul MOE for $40. Essentially they would run brace manufactures out of business in the process.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

Amen. I thought this was about the brave ban. I think we can all agree we would love less government/ career politicians. The brave ban to me is a little unsettling because previously legal devises are now reclassified as illegal unless we spend more money to keep them. If we knew that it was going to be an SBR at the time most would just buy a regular stock at a cheaper price. It doesn't make sense to put a brave on a gun if you are just going to have to register it as such. Basically we are letting them ban braces without actually banning them. Who is going to put a $100- $150 brace on their SBR when they could just run a Magpul MOE for $40. Essentially they would run brace manufactures out of business in the process.

Good Points.

Can everyone move all other political discussion to this thread - https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sion/481237-2020-general-election-thread.html

Let stay on topic of strictly the pistol brace ban.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm just saying that it seems pretty reasonable to infer from the totality of what you've said, that you might be more eager to condemn Republicans than Democrats. And that it may be a fairly longer term condition than you let on. We've had discussions over the years about a lot of different topics that you've expressed a position about. In this thread, you've said that there are some issues that are more important to you than just guns. You ARE left of center, and probably by quite a bit on some issues. We know what those issues are, no need to bring up topics that INGO can't help but fight over at the mere mention.

I think it's likely, and even understandable, that your placement in the political spectrum would make you more forgiving of one side and less forgiving of the other. And I'm not even saying it's intentional. I suspect that some of the criticisms you have aren't as accurate as you think they are as a result. I wouldn't say I'm unbiased either. I don't think anyone really can be. But let's say there's a completely unbiased, perfectly reasoned and objective, hypothetical person. I think you might tend to be quite a bit more eager than that person to believe something bad about Trump, given the same information.
    Ask yourself some questions about some deep beliefs you had about Trump that turned out not to be true. How did you feel about those things when you believed they were True? Maybe the Russia nonsense. Maybe the racist nonsense. Maybe the White Nationalist disavowal nonsense. Or whatever. How did you feel when you found out you were wrong? Or, if you still believe whatever, contrary to the evidence, alright. Maybe that's something you're still clinging to. Imagine then if you were wrong about it. How would that make you feel?

It's something I've been playing with lately. Thinking about how news "hits" me and how I'm either eager or reluctant to accept facts that dis-confirm what I want the facts to be. I think anyone who says that doesn't happen to them is not being intellectually honest, or is a sociopath. Normal people have biases. Normal people find it easier to believe things that confirms their worldview, and harder to believe things that don't. If it's all just about the policies, fine. But the some of the things that you've described that you don't like about Trump, I think are exaggerated because of bias.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sorry if this has been posted already, but MrGunsNGear just posted this on Facebook:

121646490_3307751399337903_6189640649435899799_o.jpg

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    I'd also like to think we influenced their decision to delay, but maybe they're waiting to see who's elected before taking such a big step?

I think they were testing the waters...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'd also like to think we influenced their decision to delay, but maybe they're waiting to see who's elected before taking such a big step?

I think they were testing the waters...

They seem to do that fairly often. M855 comes to mind.

Top Bottom