• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    The video post above showing Iranians in Toronto celebrating is very interesting indeed. It shows that perhaps there are Iranian ancestry people who are “normal” in that they are sick and tired of oppressive regimes like Hezbolah and just want to live a normal life.
    I was talking to a missionary friend to Uganda on furlow last night at church.

His dad planted a church in British Columbia, CA.

Said they have a huge Persian ministry. I was like “Iranians??”

Seems they’re of a different sort once they’re out from under the regime.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Why am I not surprised.

NY Times, AP, Washington Post raise eyebrows with glowing coverage of terror leader Hassan Nasrallah​

Legacy media outlets in the United States raised eyebrows over the weekend with glowing coverage of terror leader Hassan Nasrallah, who was praised as a "father figure" with a "propensity to crack jokes."

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I was talking to a missionary friend to Uganda on furlow last night at church.

His dad planted a church in British Columbia, CA.

Said they have a huge Persian ministry. I was like “Iranians??”

Seems they’re of a different sort once they’re out from under the regime.
    When I came on active duty there were still plenty of fellow airmen who had been to Iran, Libya, and Lebanon before the crazies took over to liberate everybody back to 7th century Islam. They were nice places and most of the people relatively friendly and sensible.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    He was either an F-14 pilot or RIO. He knows a thing or two about munitions.
    .... if they were designed to shoot at other planes.

The F-14 never did get a large air to ground capability until very late in its life, and even then it was limited. WELL after Mark had quit flying..

So unless it was an Aim-7,Aim-9, or an Aim-51.. he would not potentially know the details

F-14 was the epitome of "Not a Pound for Air to Ground"

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I dunno. Lets send them some CBU-87 or CBU-103 instead. Then the Liberals will have something to cry about.
    While they are quite expensive, the Sensor Fused Weapon is delivered by a CBU-103. Or were you kickin it old school with cluster bombs. Some explode on impact, some explode when you step on them, some explode in 20 minutes if stepped on or not.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Like @BigMoose said, Tomcat was air-to-air. Plus I never give gun-grabbers the benefit of the doubt.
    Tomcat became bombcat some time after Gulf War 1 and was quite effective at it. The Tomcat community is tight, so he'd be close with plenty of colleagues with air to ground experience even if he didn't have it. He's forgotten more about munitions than most of us here will ever know.

I don't agree with him on most political issues but that doesn't mean he's not knowledgeable. He also gets briefed by the experts regularly.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    .... if they were designed to shoot at other planes.

The F-14 never did get a large air to ground capability until very late in its life, and even then it was limited. WELL after Mark had quit flying..

So unless it was an Aim-7,Aim-9, or an Aim-51.. he would not potentially know the details

F-14 was the epitome of "Not a Pound for Air to Ground"
    It was quite proficient with the big guided bombs. And as I said, he gets briefed by those who do know. He's on the armed services committee. He gets briefed on stuff you and I will never know.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Tomcat became bombcat some time after Gulf War 1 and was quite effective at it. The Tomcat community is tight, so he'd be close with plenty of colleagues with air to ground experience even if he didn't have it. He's forgotten more about munitions than most of us here will ever know.

I don't agree with him on most political issues but that doesn't mean he's not knowledgeable. He also gets briefed by the experts regularly.
    As long as you don't say he can walk and chew gum...

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    More....F-14 began the process of becoming a bomber when the A-6 began retiring after 1991. He was in the Navy until 2011.

And guess what he flew in the Gulf War? Intruders. Like him or not, he knows his bombs.

Top Bottom