• ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Allow me to post an observation...

It should be EASY to be a Colts fan, even through tough times. Case in point? There are still Lions fans, right? :D

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I didn't realized that people actually watched them. I thought that only reason that the Lions existed was to give the locals a reason to loot and burn.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    2005 steelers game? You mean the one where the refs couldn't even win for them? We see how well their model of forfeiting the few games of each season works out for them.

As far as being a bandwagon fan, I don't think I've ever given enough of a hoot about a team to be considered a fan of any kind. I think sports are great if kept in proper perspective. Our government could abolish the entire bill of rights and it would draw less outrage than a 2011 NFL lockout.

Ah so you are a bandwagon fan, that pretty much explains everything...

But yeah I agree, they dont really try to win. They just did it more often from 2001-20010 than any other team did in any other decade ever in NFL history.

There is no denying that they have had too many one and done seasons in the playoffs, however its the AFC and they have run into some damn good teams.

2003 - Lost to Patriots in AFC Championship - Pats won Super Bowl
    2004 - Lost to Patriots in divisional round - Pats won Super Bowl
    2005 - Lost to Steelers in divisional round - Steelers won Super Bowl
    2006 - Won championship
    2007 - Los to Chargers in divisional round - Bad loss
    2008 - Lost to Chargers in Wildcard round - Bad loss in OT
    2009 - Superbowl Loss

So in the 7 year span when the Colts were their best, they lost to the eventual SB Champ 4 times, they won once, and had bad loses twice. Thats not exactly horrible.

2005 was disappointing to say the least, but Pitt beat the #1, #2, and #3 teams on they want to beating the #1 seeded Seahawks. The Steelers just got hot at the right time. Indy had its chances to win that game but a good tackle by Roethlisburger and a missed FG cost them.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    As far as being a bandwagon fan, I don't think I've ever given enough of a hoot about a team to be considered a fan of any kind. I think sports are great if kept in proper perspective. Our government could abolish the entire bill of rights and it would draw less outrage than a 2011 NFL lockout.

Unfortunately, I completely agree with that statement. :(

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    2005 steelers game? You mean the one where the refs couldn't even win for them? We see how well their model of forfeiting the few games of each season works out for them.

Maybe with the general public, but I would wager that the majority of INGO Members would have a different response...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Maybe with the general public, but I would wager that the majority of INGO Members would have a different response...

I don't know about that. People seem to take these colts threads more personal than political threads.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't know about that. People seem to take these colts threads more personal than political threads.

I dont agree with that, I think the difference is that people can have a level headed discussion about topics like this such as what we are. But political threads end up resulting in name calling, bashing, and then thread closing so I think a fair portion just dont even bother, at least thats my take on it.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

You said it..Colts Thread. You talk about Colts management and players and how they don't work hard or aren't out to win. Then you compare them to politics.:n00b: You think that because we are passionate about Colts football that we don't care about our Bill of Rights.:dunno: What I see is someone who doesn't know what it's like to be a real fan of something. The real Colts fans love them no matter what, just like all the others fans of other teams in the NFL.

Members post negative comments in here all the time and it's fine. But you choose to take it to the extreme by insulting us. Why don't you do your hating in the Colts bashing thread? I GUARANTEE you that no matter what you say I won't be in there pissing and moaning about how good I think they are or how I want you to be on my side.

I'm asking you to stop pissing in the thread. Your negativity has worn out it's welcome.

GO COLTS!

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    As I said in the other thread, Reggie should get a Grammy for the acting job on that pick. There is no way that grab spun him. Should it have been called? Probably but the ref probably let it slide due to the dive Wayne took.

Apparently even the league disagrees with your assessment of Wayne's Grammy worth performance.

League admits to Caldwell the Colts got hosed...

League tells Caldwell he was right on bad call | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Instead of SD being up 26-14, Indy would have had the ball on their own 41 1st and 10 with the score 19-14, Pretty big difference.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I'm excited too, I'm gonna do some chicken wings. I'm looking forward to a well-oiled machine-like team tomorrow. The colts haven't lost like that in a long time and I think they would like an opportunity to redeem themselves.

Go COLTS!

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Still root for the Colts , cant help it .I became a fan when Jim Harbaugh was the quarterback.Its been a delipitating season for them with all the injuries to the starters but giving alot of backups some much needed playtime. I might bury my head & cry when they are losing but I still clear my sundays to watch the game. GO COLTS

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Been a season ticket holder for 20 years. And I have a Horseshoe tat on my arm I got before Manning ever hit town. Been thru the bad years and still went to games.
    I have flown the flag for about that long. I finaly had to buy a new one and it was one that was hanging in the HoosierDome at the lats playoff game when we beat the patsies.

Seen plenty of bandwagon types over the years.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Real Colts fans would make $10,000 or more donations for the new stadium every year.

I am getting ready to head to the cowgirls game at the new and opulent Lucas Stadium.

I want to thank you and the other whiners who need to get a life and get over it.
    I think I will stop at TGIFs and have a beer and have a laugh that you have your thong in a wad.
    Then when I get to the massive and palatial Lucas stadium I will get another beer and go sit in my seat and say a silent thanks that you get to help pay for it. :welcome:

Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    I'm not ready to give up on this season. This season is still way better than most of the seasons of the 80s and 90s that I watched as a kid.

GO COLTS!!!!

Top Bottom