• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm still here, still tied for the division lead and 3 division games left. No chance of getting 12 wins, no chance of getting #1 seed, so just win the division and get the 3 or 4 seed.

I seem to remember a year not too far back where no one thought Indy had any shot and ended up winning a championship.

Has Manning played the best, no of course not. BUT its kind of hard to blame him totally for this years relatively poor record by Colt standards. In last Sundays game, he really only has blame in one of the INTs, the first one. It was a bad read and a bad throw. The 2nd INT that was returned for a TD was a complete screw job by the refs. The SD DB grabbed Wayne, spun him around, and made him fall LONG before the ball was there so the DB had an easy pick and ran it back for a TD. The other two INTs he was being hit when he threw.

I dont care who the QB is when you are dealing with the following:

#1 WR - Wayne knee missed practice all week but Friday
    #2 WR - Collie missed his 5th game of the season
    #3 WR - Anthony Gonzales missed pretty much the entire season
    #1 TE - Dallas Clark out for the season
    #2 TE - Gijon Robinson out for the game
    #3 TE - Tamme missed practice time each of the last three weeks.
    #1 RB - Joseph Addai out for the game
    #2/3 RB - Mike Hart out for the game

When you factor in Injuries, many dropped passes that were right where they needed to be that would have extended drives, Donald Brown averaged 1.8yds a carry, there was pressure on Manning pretty much every drop back, etc. I don't care who you are, you will not be very successful given that. To beat good teams right now given everything, Manning has to be perfect and he was not Sunday.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    As I said in the other thread, Reggie should get a Grammy for the acting job on that pick. There is no way that grab spun him. Should it have been called? Probably but the ref probably let it slide due to the dive Wayne took.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The "D" has been doing a good job. The Colts could open their own hospital and fill it with patients from the team. They are struggling, but don't count them out...Go Colts!!!!!

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    As I said in the other thread, Reggie should get a Grammy for the acting job on that pick. There is no way that grab spun him. Should it have been called? Probably but the ref probably let it slide due to the dive Wayne took.

Right on lol. Even if he did fake as you claim, there was clear cut contact and that is unquestionably either PI or at worst defensive holding. Both of which would have resulted in the continuation of the drive and no TD for San Diego. If you don't think thats was a HUGE momentum shift you are fooling yourself.

At that point it was 19-14 SD, Indy still had some momentum from holding them to a FG and scoring at the end of the 1st half. That killed it and more or less broke open the game. It was a huge sequence of events while clearly it wasn't the only thing that cost the Colts the game it was the first shovel of dirt on the coffin.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Maybe we should put the offensive woes into better perspective

Running Backs
    #1 Addai - missed 5 games
    #2 Brown - missed 3 games
    #3 Hart - missed 5 games
    #4 James - practice squad first 4 games played from time to time since

Wide Receivers
    #1 Wayne - Full (nursing knee all season long)
    #2 Collie - missed 4 games
    #3 Gonzales - missed 9 games
    #4 Garcon - missed 2 games
    #5 White - missed 3 games

Tigh Ends
    #1 Clark - missed 5 games
    #2 Eldridge - missed 5 games
    #3 Robinson - missed 8 games
    #4 Tamme - Full (did not play until Clark was out)

Out of the 13 skill players on the roster, only one (wayne) has played every game.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Maybe we should put the offensive woes into better perspective

Running Backs
    #1 Addai - missed 5 games
    #2 Brown - missed 3 games
    #3 Hart - missed 5 games
    #4 James - practice squad first 4 games played from time to time since

Wide Receivers
    #1 Wayne - Full (nursing knee all season long)
    #2 Collie - missed 4 games
    #3 Gonzales - missed 9 games
    #4 Garcon - missed 2 games
    #5 White - missed 3 games

Tigh Ends
    #1 Clark - missed 5 games
    #2 Eldridge - missed 5 games
    #3 Robinson - missed 8 games
    #4 Tamme - Full (did not play until Clark was out)

Out of the 13 skill players on the roster, only one (wayne) has played every game.

Sounds like a coaching/management issue to me. Every year, we hear the Colts cry "Only if we had (fill in the blank with player or players) back, we could have ........" Are the Colts the only team that ever had to deal with injuries? Does it make any sense for them to shoot their salary cap load on just a few big name players only to be left with 4th stringers once they are injured?

How much more money are the Colts going to waste on Bob Sanders? He hasn't even played 15 minutes this season. He's played fewer games than he's missed and their record was showing they were better without him. But every year, the fans say "If we just had Bob Sanders back".

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Sounds like a coaching/management issue to me. Every year, we hear the Colts cry "Only if we had (fill in the blank with player or players) back, we could have ........" Are the Colts the only team that ever had to deal with injuries? Does it make any sense for them to shoot their salary cap load on just a few big name players only to be left with 4th stringers once they are injured?

How much more money are the Colts going to waste on Bob Sanders? He hasn't even played 15 minutes this season. He's played fewer games than he's missed and their record was showing they were better without him. But every year, the fans say "If we just had Bob Sanders back".

I would love to have Bob Sanders back in 2007 form, but that is not looking like it is ever going to happen.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

Doesn't he get paid no matter what? I assumed that's why he's been kept this long.

You won't ever see this Colt's fan wish for Bob Sanders back. I'm not a fan of ANY player who's only priority is the future.

His contract is $37.5 million over 5 years with $20 million guaranteed. It started in 2007. The way I see it he has already received his guaranteed money and if he doesn't start playing he should be let go.

Colts' Sanders signs for five years, $37.5 million -- tops among safeties - NFL - ESPN

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I would love to have Bob Sanders back in 2007 form, but that is not looking like it is ever going to happen.

History shows he plays fewer games than he misses. He might be worth keeping around if the NFL goes to an 8 game season. Otherwise, cut the expensive dead weight. He isn't producing anything from the sidelines but the fans love him so they keep him around. Is the managements goal to win football games? It sure doesn't look that way.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    History shows he plays fewer games than he misses. He might be worth keeping around if the NFL goes to an 8 game season. Otherwise, cut the expensive dead weight. He isn't producing anything from the sidelines but the fans love him so they keep him around. Is the managements goal to win football games? It sure doesn't look that way.

OK, you're right. Now, GTFO.

Not sure why you ever opened the door into this thread. The points your argue make me feel like I'm working with a 3 year old.

Top Bottom