• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The refs are going to give the colts this game. I didn't see the defender lead with his helmet. Collie got ktfo when his head hit the ground.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Not sure I agree with the hit on Collie. If they are going to get that serious with tackles, force all tackles to be at or below the waistline. I do believe this will result in more leg injuries, but it would help prevent what we just saw with Collie.

Oh, I went over to an Eagle's Forum, here is a classy message:

RIP Austin Collie - IGGLEPHANS

"RIP Austin Collie hahahahaha you got knocked the F*** out"

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The announcers dissected the play and said it was a legal hit because he had control of the ball and took 2 steps. I think he was hurt the most when his head hit the ground. Put some pink flags around their waists and ban all tackling.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    It looks like tons of time when seen in slow motion. But at full speed, it is right on the edge. I think they called it wrong, but it was close. He was out from the helmet hit. That was WHY his head hit so hard. You can see no one is home when he is going down.

Seems like they are not calling what they should and calling what they shouldn't. Seems to almost be balancing out.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If you are a colts defender, you can ram your head into a receiver or facemask and get away with it. Unbelievable.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    They just gave Peyton another do over. I guess the offensive lineman had nothing to do with the defenders hand going up to peyton's helmet.

That was the right call, according to the rules. It did keep the game from being over. But the rule is contact with the quarterback's head. He broke the rules.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Did anyone hear how the colts player was doin?

There was a ticker at the bottom of the screen towards the end of the game that said he was alert and moving his hands and he had a concussion. Hopefully it's nothing more than that.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I heard a bunch of the sports center talking heads talking about this a few weeks ago. They were talking about somebody who got seriously hurt this year and about possible rule changes. One of them actually had the sense to figure out that these high hits are partially due to people wanting to make the highlight reels for these massive hits. Now do you think sports center will deemphasize these hits on their show? No, it brings ratings.

I see a lot of hits that take place that are totally unnecessary and they never get called. If the receiver is on the ground and hasn't been touched, 2 defenders don't need to throw their shoulders in the guy to stop the play. But I don't want the game neutered to the point of playing flag football either.

Top Bottom