• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sounds like a coaching/management issue to me. Every year, we hear the Colts cry "Only if we had (fill in the blank with player or players) back, we could have ........" Are the Colts the only team that ever had to deal with injuries? Does it make any sense for them to shoot their salary cap load on just a few big name players only to be left with 4th stringers once they are injured?

How much more money are the Colts going to waste on Bob Sanders? He hasn't even played 15 minutes this season. He's played fewer games than he's missed and their record was showing they were better without him. But every year, the fans say "If we just had Bob Sanders back".

Wait what? Actually the Colts have been one team that really doesn't use the injury excuse. Even this year you don't hear any of the Colts players, coaches, etc complaining about injuries either.

You are right about Sanders, he is a total waste of money and I don't think you will find many Colts fans who disagree. However, he does make an impact when he is healthy, see 2006 SB run. Obviously his contributions aren't worth his contact, but you cannot see that sort of thing coming. I mean would you blame the Bears if they signed Cutler to a big money long term deal and then AFTER he gets injured for 4 straight seasons?

But I really fail to see how losing so many players is a coaching issue or a salary cap issue. The problem with trying to replace so many players isn't the money they cost, its the practice time that is needed to run an offense like the Colts. It is all timing, they have no one that will just outrun the secondary and with the lack of a running game, the opposition will but 6 or 7 defensive backs trying to clog up the field. The exact timing is crucial or bad stuff happens and that timing doesn't come out of nowhere.

History shows he plays fewer games than he misses. He might be worth keeping around if the NFL goes to an 8 game season. Otherwise, cut the expensive dead weight. He isn't producing anything from the sidelines but the fans love him so they keep him around. Is the managements goal to win football games? It sure doesn't look that way.

Thats not how the Salary cap works in the NFL. You can cut him BUT the vast majority of his salary and bonuses count against the Salary cap anyway. The same thing happened to Marvin Harrison, they took a pretty good hit against the Cap, around 8 million just for the pleasure of cutting Harrison. My guess is they think Bob has something left, at least enough that its not worth taking god knows how much of a cap hit.

Besides I really don't think he is popular at all anymore, in fact I bet the VAST majority of Colts fans wish you could simply cut him and save that money. But you cant.

Last edited:

KingWeb50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    could it just be the chargers played better then them last night and almost every time they have played these last few years

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I hear all of the colts FANS whining about injuries.

The colts offensive model is great... When it works. How long have they used this model and what is the overall result?

If you were going to fight in a duel and given the weapon choice of a wheel gun with bullet proof vest or a high cap glock, which would you choose? The colts spray and pray offense hasn't prooved very successful in the bigger picture.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    To me, its not all about winning and losing. There is something to say about the integrity of those involved. The pacers DEFINITELY don't have it... at least they didn't, maybe they are working back toward it. The colts appear to definitely have it.

Go colts!

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Title reads, "Will all the real Colts fans please stand up!?!"

It does not say, "Come in and offer your differing opinions on why this team is not running on all cylinders." We understand the organization is going through some tough times. Go find another thread to bash the COLTS; this place is not for you.

firecop9774

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Northern Hamilton County
    To me, its not all about winning and losing. There is something to say about the integrity of those involved. The pacers DEFINITELY don't have it... at least they didn't, maybe they are working back toward it. The colts appear to definitely have it.

Go colts!

The Pacers hire too many thugs. The Colts have much higher expectations of their players off the field!

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only true fan. No excuses, we lost. We have many more years to go. If Manning plays as long as Favre, he still has another 20 yrs of play time. New talent, new year, new schedule... GO COLTS!!

:+1:
    I go back to the days of Johnny Unitas.GO COLTS!!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Title reads, "Will all the real Colts fans please stand up!?!"

It does not say, "Come in and offer your differing opinions on why this team is not running on all cylinders." We understand the organization is going through some tough times. Go find another thread to bash the COLTS; this place is not for you.

Out of the thousands of threadjacks on this forum, you take issue with me. I just wish people got half as riled up about our country as they do when someone criticizes their favorite team.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Out of the thousands of threadjacks on this forum, you take issue with me. I just wish people got half as riled up about our country as they do when someone criticizes their favorite team.

Yep, and here you go again. I opened the choke and pulled the cord. Next line out of your mouth will be about stripping of liberties and someone taking my land. They won't take yours - and you'll tell us about it.

One tangent to the next. Well this, then that. Beat the **** out of this horse and pound the **** out of that one. Blah, blah, blah...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yep, and here you go again. I opened the choke and pulled the cord. Next line out of your mouth will be about stripping of liberties and someone taking my land. They won't take yours - and you'll tell us about it.

One tangent to the next. Well this, then that. Beat the **** out of this horse and pound the **** out of that one. Blah, blah, blah...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/forum_support_suggestions/121267-how_does_the_ignore_feature_work.html

I would be honored.. Er, heartbroken if you put me on your ignore list.

Apparantly, you fail at reading comprehension because I'm not the only non colt fan to post in this thread.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    1195932948_peyton.jpg

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Man I really like the Colt's. I've been a fan since I started watching NFL in junior high. I could've been cool like a lot of other people and jumped on a bandwagon but I chose the Colt's. We have lost a lot, won a lot, won a Superbowl and I'm sure it will get ugly again when the greatest quarterback ever retires but I'll still be a fan.

GO COLTS!

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN

I hear all of the colts FANS whining about injuries.

The colts offensive model is great... When it works. How long have they used this model and what is the overall result?

If you were going to fight in a duel and given the weapon choice of a wheel gun with bullet proof vest or a high cap glock, which would you choose? The colts spray and pray offense hasn't prooved very successful in the bigger picture.

How can you call the following not successful?

Most wins in NFL history for a decade
    Most consecutive seasons with 12 + wins in NFL history
    8 straight playoff appearances
    10 out of last 11 seasons made playoffs
    3 AFC championship appearances
    2 Super Bowl appearances
    1 Super Bowl championship

Since 2003 when they started their streak of 12+ wins, they have played 7 full seasons and in that time have had 6 AFC South titles, 3 AFC Championship game appearances, 2 Super Bowl appearances, and a Championship. In those 7 seasons they are 9-6 in the playoffs, thats not too shabby really.

Yeah they have nothing to show for that sporadic offense.

What team do you even like? Unless its the Patriots then you have nothing to say to the Colts. No one outside of NE has a resume as good as Indy year in and year out.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It is my understanding that the goal of every NFL team is to win EVERY game up to and including the superbowl, correct? Which team is more successful, the team that slugs it out the entire game and wins with nothing but a field goal or a team that throws for 1000 yards and 10td's but still loses the game by one?

I'll reword this now. What good are all of these regular season stats if you lose the first game in the playoffs? I used to root for the Colts until I saw that they were underachievers. I've used the analogy before but what child would you be more proud of? A D capable student who works his tail off to get a C+ or an A capable student who slacks off and gets a B-? Without question, the Colts have had the ability to come away with a lot more than 1 Superbowl in the last 10 years but they haven't played up to their potential. Anything worth doing, is worth doing right.

How can you call the following not successful?

Most wins in NFL history for a decade
    Most consecutive seasons with 12 + wins in NFL history
    8 straight playoff appearances
    10 out of last 11 seasons made playoffs
    3 AFC championship appearances
    2 Super Bowl appearances
    1 Super Bowl championship

Since 2003 when they started their streak of 12+ wins, they have played 7 full seasons and in that time have had 6 AFC South titles, 3 AFC Championship game appearances, 2 Super Bowl appearances, and a Championship. In those 7 seasons they are 9-6 in the playoffs, thats not too shabby really.

Yeah they have nothing to show for that sporadic offense.

What team do you even like? Unless its the Patriots then you have nothing to say to the Colts. No one outside of NE has a resume as good as Indy year in and year out.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It is my understanding that the goal of every NFL team is to win EVERY game up to and including the superbowl, correct? Which team is more successful, the team that slugs it out the entire game and wins with nothing but a field goal or a team that throws for 1000 yards and 10td's but still loses the game by one?

I'll reword this now. What good are all of these regular season stats if you lose the first game in the playoffs? I used to root for the Colts until I saw that they were underachievers. I've used the analogy before but what child would you be more proud of? A D capable student who works his tail off to get a C+ or an A capable student who slacks off and gets a B-? Without question, the Colts have had the ability to come away with a lot more than 1 Superbowl in the last 10 years but they haven't played up to their potential. Anything worth doing, is worth doing right.

Ah so you are a bandwagon fan, that pretty much explains everything...

But yeah I agree, they dont really try to win. They just did it more often from 2001-20010 than any other team did in any other decade ever in NFL history.

There is no denying that they have had too many one and done seasons in the playoffs, however its the AFC and they have run into some damn good teams.

2003 - Lost to Patriots in AFC Championship - Pats won Super Bowl
    2004 - Lost to Patriots in divisional round - Pats won Super Bowl
    2005 - Lost to Steelers in divisional round - Steelers won Super Bowl
    2006 - Won championship
    2007 - Los to Chargers in divisional round - Bad loss
    2008 - Lost to Chargers in Wildcard round - Bad loss in OT
    2009 - Superbowl Loss

So in the 7 year span when the Colts were their best, they lost to the eventual SB Champ 4 times, they won once, and had bad loses twice. Thats not exactly horrible.

2005 was disappointing to say the least, but Pitt beat the #1, #2, and #3 teams on they want to beating the #1 seeded Seahawks. The Steelers just got hot at the right time. Indy had its chances to win that game but a good tackle by Roethlisburger and a missed FG cost them.

Top Bottom