Not open for further replies.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I don't deny that it's used as horse wormer, I've used it for that purpose myself when I was farming. It's also used to control ticks on deer by having the same affect on them that it has on intestinal parasites. I don't know about it's anti-viral properties, because until the recent shooting war over it in the media I had never heard of it's use in that area.

I have to admit I can't dismiss it's possibilities, particularly from info provided by people who, like our President, seem caught up in this quasi religious vaccine crusade. Quinine, other than making an excellent mix in cocktails, has been used for a long time with success as an anti viral. Back in history before we understood it was simply called bark.

The reflexive denunciation of this product, perhaps because of TDS, has lowered the credibility of those arguments in my opinion. I don't discount them completly, but when you have a President behaving like Jim Jones on national television, it's getting harder to believe anything.

Well said.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Despite numerous covid tests over a period of over two weeks involving symptoms such as fever and aches along with pnemonia, my doc continues to be convinced I had covid.

He prescribed antibodies and and a steroid for the pnemonia. He also prescribed Ivermectin (filled at a local branch of a national chain pharmacy), vitamin C, D and zinc. Worked well.

Have an annual physical coming up....he wants to test for antibodies as part of that.

The crap over "Ivermectin is just a horse dewormer" is exactly that. Crap.
    Cool! (I assume you’re better now?) How do you get your doctor to prescribe IVM?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Cool! (I assume you’re better now?) How do you get your doctor to prescribe IVM?

I did not have to "get him" to. He suggested it.

Sadly, when doing so he danced around the topic a bit with statements along the lines of "I don't know where you stand on things"...I interrupted his dance and told him I was very familiar with it amd he wrote it. He also mentioned that many pharmacies will not fill it.

Unfortunately, health care in the united States has become extremely politicized. Given the central state's drive to insert itself further, I expect it will only become more so.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    She has a mom who tells her she’s healthy when she obviously isn’t. Loving your kids is a wonderful thing, but you should never lie to them to make them feel better, it will only cause more damage. I would rather my daughter be upset and understand the risks involved with her lifestyle than to feed her lies and tell her how healthy she is so she becomes diabetic and lives with issues her entire life. Not that she’s innocent, but parents should understand that kids need guidance and direction because they don’t fully grasp these kinds of things until they’re older.
    I'm a little disturbed about all the commercials these days showing obviously obese women dancing and pretending it's normal to be that way. I mean I have no room to talk, believe me. And I don't want anyone "body-shamed", but they've chosen the polar opposite of some of these ultra-thin/ripped girls and hold that up as something to be admired. IMHO, both are wrong. Maybe just show someone of "average" build in these ads.

Not "perfect" beach bodies, and not someone that's 5 foot something and 300 lbs. either. I think both send the wrong message to impressionable kids watching them. Some subset will think, "I want to be like her! I guess I'll start purging after I eat." Others will think, "Oh cool, it's okay to be fat now! I'll eat whatever and as much as I want!"

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'm a little disturbed about all the commercials these days showing obviously obese women dancing and pretending it's normal to be that way. I mean I have no room to talk, believe me. And I don't want anyone "body-shamed", but they've chosen the polar opposite of some of these ultra-thin/ripped girls and hold that up as something to be admired. IMHO, both are wrong. Maybe just show someone of "average" build in these ads.

Not "perfect" beach bodies, and not someone that's 5 foot something and 300 lbs. either. I think both send the wrong message to impressionable kids watching them. Some subset will think, "I want to be like her! I guess I'll start purging after I eat." Others will think, "Oh cool, it's okay to be fat now! I'll eat whatever and as much as I want!"

You can be all that AND teach yogo, sweetie.

IMG_0672.JPG

Now, go ahead and enjoy your Big Mac, large fries, and diet Coke, baby.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

I agree. I don’t mind seeing overweight people, or skinny people, I just don’t want to be told I should admire them because of their comfort to be who they are. It tries to make it seem as if it’s ok, instead of discussing the health issues and trying to influence people to be healthier. I don’t care if someone is fat, I’ve loved a big girl or 2, but it shouldn’t be politicized and made to be some sort of heroic thing.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Well damn, first I hear my fellow INGOtarians are chowing on horse dewormer to fight covid, now I just found out this
    View attachment 162129

Is dog food!
    View attachment 162131
    I need a lawyer! I wanna file a lawsuit against that steakhouse for feeding me dog food. Anyone know a good one?
    I prefer a lawyer that doesn't troll on gun forums. So nope, I can't help you.
    :cool:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The box tells you it is horse dewormer. You know, because of the picture of the horse and all.

Don't take horse dewormer for a virus. Take horse dewormer for worms.
    I don't understand how you made it through law school, seriously. I hope you have someone that does your shopping for you. Label reading doesn't seem to be your strong suit. I hope you're not shopping in the pet aisle for your canned tuna or anything.

I've looked. Perhaps you'd like to point out the picture of the horse on this package of Ivermectin that's prescribed to humans counselor.

1633649322227.png

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I’ve never liked you more than this moment.

This is what I think some misunderstand about our positions on this. I’m fine with the vaccine. I have nothing against vaccines, they’re a great thing that have saved millions of lives throughout history. I’m against government mandating people take vaccines, especially a new vaccine. I will not take it, as we’ve discussed, because I’m young and don’t want to take the chance of living the next 40 years with a horrible side effect that could have been avoided if I waited a few years to get it. My parents have the vaccine. Dad asked my opinion and I told him I probably would at his age. I’m not anti vax, but I do support people who are. Who am I to force someone to put something in their body they don’t want? If that’s the case I want a salad mandate. I think that would do more good for everyone’s health than eating a Big Mac and large fries every day.
    WTH IS WRONG WITH YOU!! :bat:

Ban Hatin!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom