Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I don't deny that it's used as horse wormer, I've used it for that purpose myself when I was farming. It's also used to control ticks on deer by having the same affect on them that it has on intestinal parasites. I don't know about it's anti-viral properties, because until the recent shooting war over it in the media I had never heard of it's use in that area.

I have to admit I can't dismiss it's possibilities, particularly from info provided by people who, like our President, seem caught up in this quasi religious vaccine crusade. Quinine, other than making an excellent mix in cocktails, has been used for a long time with success as an anti viral. Back in history before we understood it was simply called bark.

The reflexive denunciation of this product, perhaps because of TDS, has lowered the credibility of those arguments in my opinion. I don't discount them completly, but when you have a President behaving like Jim Jones on national television, it's getting harder to believe anything.
    This, exactly, all of it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Here, let me quote the part from the link I shared where they talk about Covid and Ivermectin. The lies being repeated are that Ivermectin is useless against Covid.

"Since March 2020, when IVM was first used against a new global scourge, COVID-19, more than 20 randomized clinical trials (RCTs) have tracked such inpatient and outpatient treatments. Six of seven meta-analyses of IVM treatment RCTs reporting in 2021 found notable reductions in COVID-19 fatalities, with a mean 31% relative risk of mortality vs. controls. During mass IVM treatments in Peru, excess deaths fell by a mean of 74% over 30 days in its ten states with the most extensive treatments. Reductions in deaths correlated with the extent of IVM distributions in all 25 states with p < 0.002. Sharp reductions in morbidity using IVM were also observed in two animal models, of SARS-CoV-2 and a related betacoronavirus. The indicated biological mechanism of IVM, competitive binding with SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, is likely non-epitope specific, possibly yielding full efficacy against emerging viral mutant strains."
    Well for the record and I don't not saying that you're saying this, but I have never talked about Ivermectin and its efficacy with covid. I don't have an opinion on it one way or another because I've never even considered it.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Ok, this is technically “true”, but a bit ridiculous and you know that. The “drug” didn’t win a Nobel prize, the “drugs use” won the Nobel prize.

Come on fos, you’re a smart guy, you know why that’s ridiculous. This shouldn’t be a book smart, technicality, definition by the book debate, this shouldn’t need anything more than common sense to see the mental gymnastics there, and I know you’re a pretty intelligent feller, a jerk ;), but intelligent.
    He's trying to ply Kirk's trade, and he's worse at it than Kirk.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I finally had to use the ignore feature. That ******* that likes to call people liars and stir the pot just won’t stop with the ********. It’s just easier to turn dumbasses like that off.
    I always said I would be bigger than that.
    I can almost always have a conversation with the worst of them.
    I’m the kind of guy that can get along with anyone. Live and let live.
    I think we were just the victims of a drive by blood pressure check.
    He’ll be the first one on it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Do you post much without attacking the person?
    *I think he does. He usually makes a point about the topic. But he’s not afraid to call someone out either.
    Maybe it’s crass to some, maybe one could argue it’s over-reactionary, in this case I agree with him.

*whispers about him like he can’t hear us

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    *I think he does. He usually makes a point about the topic. But he’s not afraid to call someone out either.
    Maybe it’s crass to some, maybe one could argue it’s over-reactionary, in this case I agree with him.

*whispers about him like he can’t hear us
    Yeah I don't deny that he makes me think and he has two points here and there but even in those post it seems like there's a personal attack often included.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Wow. I didn’t realize it was horse dewormer when prescribed for human use by a doctor. I also had no idea that medications have never worked for anything other than it’s intended purpose. Thank you. I will send a batch of cookies to the law offices of Nuck ‘N Futts as a thank you for sharing your overwhelming amount of knowledge on the subject.

Stick to arguing over closets and courtrooms.
    You notice his name begins with K………..

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    She had a “healthy” appetite, evidently…
    She has a mom who tells her she’s healthy when she obviously isn’t. Loving your kids is a wonderful thing, but you should never lie to them to make them feel better, it will only cause more damage. I would rather my daughter be upset and understand the risks involved with her lifestyle than to feed her lies and tell her how healthy she is so she becomes diabetic and lives with issues her entire life. Not that she’s innocent, but parents should understand that kids need guidance and direction because they don’t fully grasp these kinds of things until they’re older.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Who even told you it was horse dewormer?
    Who told you it was only horse dewormer?
    Why do you believe them?
    I don’t need an answer, just something I think you should think about.
    The box tells you it is horse dewormer. You know, because of the picture of the horse and all.

Don't take horse dewormer for a virus. Take horse dewormer for worms.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom