• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Like the purebloods not allowed to vote?
    1598493708_draco-malfoy-harry-potter.gif

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    This whole thread is like a watching a debate over which slave master would be better.....the "left wing" of the state party or the "right wing" of the state party.

Choose carefully which choker you want around your neck.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    This whole thread is like a watching a debate over which slave master would be better.....the "left wing" of the state party or the "right wing" of the state party.

Choose carefully which choker you want around your neck.

I agree that it's not a party issue.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Who says the big cheat wont be in again?
    This mail in voting has to stop.
    Very much this. I won't believe any election result until the BS mail in voting is ended. They've already found tractor trailers full of these things and car trunks full that shouldn't have been there. These are way too easy to lead to fraud, or if nothing else, the perception of fraud, leading to disillusion over the sanctity of our election process.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I'm pretty well convinced that if only paper ballots had been used and a hand count of each and every ballot was conducted in the simultaneous presence of verification officers from both parties then President Trump would have gotten more than two-thirds majority and President Biden would have been declared the winner. Now I've had two cups of coffee and there's a set of shelves to be sanded and painted for the quiltatorium. Later yall.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You're the one not understanding. In a system with electronic vote tallying, I can make those two cards show anything I want and have it be at variance with who the actual vote is credited to. If there is not some way for an interested party to compare the vote they thought they made to the vote that was recorded then the paper you generate is all just for show. In the example I've given, how would you know your vote was recorded differently? How would the system know

Your faith in machinery is misplaced

Okay. I don't see how if my paper that I turned in says "Trump" and it is pulled out and counted by people from both parties manually that can be at variance with anything. I'm not getting it.

But let's forget about me. How would YOU make a voting system that is least vulnerable to fraud and corruption?

Regards,

Doug

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Okay. I don't see how if my paper that I turned in says "Trump" and it is pulled out and counted by people from both parties manually that can be at variance with anything. I'm not getting it.

But let's forget about me. How would YOU make a voting system that is least vulnerable to fraud and corruption?

Regards,

Doug
    You would be correct ONLY if all the votes were hand counted and not counted by machine. My point was a machine can show you what you expect to see while doing something totally different

How I would institute a low-vulnerability system would be no early voting, only FTF in person voting with adequate ID, absentee votes would be by written request allowed only in tightly controlled situations and would be held as provisional ballots until all of their particulars were verified. All votes would have a paper trail verifiable by the voter and be hand counted in the presence of multiple observers from all interested parties specifically allowed by law to be present in the counting room and to raise objections when necessary with a definitive process for dealing with objections immediately. All tallies would be audited before certification, and the emphasis would be placed back on correct and secure and not on speed. If we have waited for years to settle an issue at the ballot box, we can wait a few days for the results

The system would not be altered or distorted because some tiny subsection of the electorate (like 80 year old black women who don't drive - all 77 of them nationwide) argued that it was inconvenient and changes to any state's voting procedures would need to originate with the legislature. Obviously national control of state elections is a non-starter

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Paper ballots that are handed to the officials IN PERSON are crude but probably the best bet if some hard procedures are used to handle them. Microprocessor based electronics, especially wireless are next to fantasy. So many ways to fake the count, so many ways to alter a count, with no way to trace exactly what happened.

I trust those great big mechanical voting booths we used to use for accuracy far more than any wireless programmable electronic device. Any cheating mechanism installed on those would be hard evidence.

Hoosierdaddy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2015
    Camby
    Covid cost Trump the win. When they allowed mail in voting to avoid long lines, Trump lost. People are mostly lazy and definitely too lazy to get out and vote. But when the ballot just shows up at home…

Problem is far too many still think Dems are the party of the poor, which I agree they are but the only way they benefit is by keeping them poor and depending on entitlements.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Covid cost Trump the win. When they allowed mail in voting to avoid long lines, Trump lost. People are mostly lazy and definitely too lazy to get out and vote. But when the ballot just shows up at home…

Problem is far too many still think Dems are the party of the poor, which I agree they are but the only way they benefit is by keeping them poor and depending on entitlements.
    I suppose if you have to blame something...

No, Trump cost Trump the win. All he had to do was not be an ***hat.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It often seems like he is saying mean tweets cost Trump the votes of people like him

It is difficult to believe that would even be a rounding error, nor would it scale with the potentially fraudulent vote count

"Very few people have ever been prosecuted for vote fraud (by Democrat controlled city administrations in blue cities)" in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    He is an asshat.

Screen-Shot-2021-10-19-at-12.56.26-PM.jpg
    There are those that think being an @ssh@t, in and of itself, is actually a positive thing. I suppose if one sees living vicariously through another as the ultimate goal, sure...maybe it's cathartic. It just doesn't accomplish much of value in the long term.

It's not that Trump did not have accomplishments. He did. But he left so much on the table.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom