• ...and so much more!
  • ktk120

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2024
    Columbus
    Have yall heard that China as of this last week said it is stopping ALL exports of Antimony and Cellulose? They had reduced exports but now stopping them all together. They accounted for 63% or so of world supply. I heard rumors that the ammo makers are in panic mode and expecting there to be no short term fix and driving costs up 200-400% from current.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I'll see if i can find the link to the article
    I have seen the writing on the wall after a few reports last week. I was searching periphreal stories related to Ukraine; Russia/China supply deals. Cellulose was in the mix, and I had a thought. At least we are stocked up on all we need for nuking the commies...

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Last edited:

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Yep, it’s gonna get ugly for a while. That’s part of why I’ve gotten in to airguns. Yes, you still need antimony to harden lead pellets, but your dollar stretches MUCH farther. For .177 caliber you can shoot 4-5x as many shots for your dollar, with .22 airguns being more like 2-3x. Pellets also store in much less space than ammo, even .22LR. And there’s no need for powder (gotta have air, though).

I’ve stocked up on what I can for my powder-burning things, but it’s only going to last for so long. Even with the airguns, I foresee a LOT of dry-fire practice in my future… :(

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Have yall heard that China as of this last week said it is stopping ALL exports of Antimony and Cellulose? They had reduced exports but now stopping them all together. They accounted for 63% or so of world supply. I heard rumors that the ammo makers are in panic mode and expecting there to be no short term fix and driving costs up 200-400% from current.
    Also, welcome to INGO, and ... no one is in panic mode. Get into the industry before you start posting this crap.

If we want powder, manufacturers go through channels, just like the rest of the world.

ktk120

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2024
    Columbus
    Nice welcome Aszerigan so glad your in the "industry". At SHOT show the hogdon reps said it would be a miracle if powder was not $100# by the end of the year and that was when China said it was cutting back on cellulose exports. Now that they have cut it off entirely it seems alot more real but please enlighten me on how you are going to get powder through channels if there is none to get. Surely you know that there are only what 3 powder manufacturers left in the world? and all of it is branded and packaged after it leaves their plants?

ktk120

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2024
    Columbus
    oh and yes i have more than a lifetime supply of powder and primers and ammo for that matter but sharing for those who have not been preparing or couldn't

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Nice welcome Aszerigan so glad your in the "industry". At SHOT show the hogdon reps said it would be a miracle if powder was not $100# by the end of the year and that was when China said it was cutting back on cellulose exports. Now that they have cut it off entirely it seems alot more real but please enlighten me on how you are going to get powder through channels if there is none to get. Surely you know that there are only what 3 powder manufacturers left in the world? and all of it is branded and packaged after it leaves their plants?
    I'm kinda new to this, so I'm just now getting into reloading. Not sure about market forces.

@Creedmoor - Have fun.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    64   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    oh and yes i have more than a lifetime supply of powder and primers and ammo for that matter but sharing for those who have not been preparing or couldn't
    If i had a lifetime supply of powder and primers i would be seriously violating the city codes, I go thru 30 pounds or more of powder just in rifle a year.

Top Bottom