• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There are those that think being an @ssh@t, in and of itself, is actually a positive thing. I suppose if one sees living vicariously through another as the ultimate goal, sure...maybe it's cathartic. It just doesn't accomplish much of value in the long term.

It's not that Trump did not have accomplishments. He did. But he left so much on the table.
    Not quite. A (sizable) percentage of the electorate saw 'gentleman losers' like Romney as just a loser irrespective of the attached adjective

Conversely, they saw Trump as saying hard truths that needed to be said, whether or not they would have said it precisely that way

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Has this been verified as authentic? Sure doesn't look very "official".
    It was carried by many outlets, both here and abroad. This was posted by the Daily Mail - UK
    49368055-10107801-image-a-33_1634652901871.jpg

In addition, this isn't the first death where Trump has been tone deaf with respect to common human decency. Remember McCain?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It was carried by many outlets, both here and abroad. This was posted by the Daily Mail - UK
    49368055-10107801-image-a-33_1634652901871.jpg

In addition, this isn't the first death where Trump has been tone deaf with respect to common human decency. Remember McCain?
    Odd, you would think as a statement from Trump it would get fact-checked

Not a peep

Must conform to the narrative du jour as well as the preconceived prejudices of a certain INGO subset trying something, anything to paper over their culpability in the destruction of America. Couldn't possibly be a fake

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Odd, you would think as a statement from Trump it would get fact-checked

Not a peep

Must conform to the narrative du jour as well as the preconceived prejudices of a certain INGO subset trying something, anything to paper over their culpability in the destruction of America. Couldn't possibly be a fake
    No pushback from Trump or his minions.

Issued on letterhead of Trump's leadership PAC.

I'd be happier to see this as fake. However, it appears to be real.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No pushback from Trump or his minions.

Issued on letterhead of Trump's leadership PAC.

I'd be happier to see this as fake. However, it appears to be real.
    That was the first I'd seen of the letterhead. The other two times it's been posted were just plain text on a plain white background.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Is anything he said really untrue? This was more of a call out of the media again than of Powell. Powell had said worse about Trump over the years and has voted democrat since 2008. Did he violate the don't speak ill of the dead tradition sure, but the left buried that a long time ago.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So the INGO crowd that uses the phrase "...no more mean tweets...." thinks that tweets was not a great factor in his loss, choosing rather to blame voter fraud.

If you whip somebody bad enough, the referees bias won't matter.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Is anything he said really untrue? This was more of a call out of the media again than of Powell. Powell had said worse about Trump over the years and has voted democrat since 2008. Did he violate the don't speak ill of the dead tradition sure, but the left buried that a long time ago.
    Not really but it's sort of crass to say that stuff before the guy has even been buried. For some people, that's enough to make him pull the lever for the other guy.

I look at it like this. Say I live in a remote small town where I have access to only two doctors. One is pretty vanilla, mostly friendly, decent bedside manner, been a doctor for years, but is a terrible doctor; lots of bad outcomes for patients. The other is flamboyant and egotistical, runs around town in his Ferrari picking up a new girl every other week, not a lot of experience in the field, but has a proven gift for making people well, even in challenging cases. If I come down with a life threatening illness, which doctor should I see? I'm going to ignore the narcissism, braggadocio, and womanizing because I want to get well. Going to the other guy might be a much more pleasant experience, but I'm not risking my life for feelings.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Not really but it's sort of crass to say that stuff before the guy has even been buried. For some people, that's enough to make him pull the lever for the other guy.

I look at it like this. Say I live in a remote small town where I have access to only two doctors. One is pretty vanilla, mostly friendly, decent bedside manner, been a doctor for years, but is a terrible doctor; lots of bad outcomes for patients. The other is flamboyant and egotistical, runs around town in his Ferrari picking up a new girl every other week, not a lot of experience in the field, but has a proven gift for making people well, even in challenging cases. If I come down with a life threatening illness, which doctor should I see? I'm going to ignore the narcissism, braggadocio, and womanizing because I want to get well. Going to the other guy might be a much more pleasant experience, but I'm not risking my life for feelings.
    True, and that's how 80 million (if accurate) people voted for the 'nice' doctor lol. They're called low information voters.

Hoosierdaddy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2015
    Camby
    I suppose if you have to blame something...

No, Trump cost Trump the win. All he had to do was not be an ***hat.
    I’ll agree he done hisself no favors but when I vote, I vote for party and ideologies than a person that’s just a mouth man. Just because he said what he thought instead of playing the political mouth games is why some liked him so much.

mean tweets sure beat the dementia ridden tard. we have now. Never understood how people thought after 4 decades that he all of a sudden, had the answers….

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I think he's playing to the marks because nothing else fits the observed behavior over the last few years.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So the INGO crowd that uses the phrase "...no more mean tweets...." thinks that tweets was not a great factor in his loss, choosing rather to blame voter fraud.
    We use that phrase because we are mocking the legless explainations proffered for clearly visible fraud. The only real uncertainty is the magnitude of it

It is instructive that people who profess to believe that $100000 spent on facebook cost Hitlary the election don't seem to think hundreds of thousands of suspect, poorly vetted votes - concentrated in battleground states and paid for with 100s of millions of outside dollars - could possibly accomplish the same thing

Top Bottom