• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I truly dislike a lying douche bag thieving flipper.
    I have flipped more than my share of cars trucks bikes and boats in my day but whoever bought them knew exactly what they were getting.
    Yes sir.... We went to run the valves on Friday and I noticed the very first rocker "rock" more than it should have... It was all full of sludge and crap anyway so just pulled the assembly off and cleaned everything up. New shafts coming, hoping the rockers are still usable, they fit the part of the shafts that isn't worn pretty well, will know when the new shafts get here... Then once it's all back together, we'll see how long the engine lasts...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes sir.... We went to run the valves on Friday and I noticed the very first rocker "rock" more than it should have... It was all full of sludge and crap anyway so just pulled the assembly off and cleaned everything up. New shafts coming, hoping the rockers are still usable, they fit the part of the shafts that isn't worn pretty well, will know when the new shafts get here... Then once it's all back together, we'll see how long the engine lasts...

That looks like oil starved to the top.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Prolly watched a lot of gold olds engines stomp all over that nasty blue crap, didn't you?

;)

Ummmm. NO. Dad had a 70's country squirestation wagon that was originally gold color but needed some work. He painted it with a fresh coat of gold paint and then decided to paint mine and my brothers bicycles the same color gold...so we rolled on gold and chrome bicycles for a few years..we were only missing the huggy bear clothes and hats. Lol

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ummmm. NO. Dad had a 70's country squirestation wagon that was originally gold color but needed some work. He painted it with a fresh coat of gold paint and then decided to paint mine and my brothers bicycles the same color gold...so we rolled on gold and chrome bicycles for a few years..we were only missing the huggy bear clothes and hats. Lol
    :laugh:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Rusty- it's funny now but it wasn't funny back then migh not have been so bad if they would had some pin stripes or something but nooo just metalic gold paint with chrome wheels, handle bars and pedals. Like an unfinished pimp mobile. Lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Rusty- it's funny now but it wasn't funny back then migh not have been so bad if they would had some pin stripes or something but nooo just metalic gold paint with chrome wheels, handle bars and pedals. Like an unfinished pimp mobile. Lol

My dad did one bike for me when I was 7. It was an old Schwinn 20" that he put back in the original Schwinn red with white stripes.
    That was the 1st bike I stripped to bare bones. Put a front sprocket from a Schwinn 24" in it and made a chain work. That was a treat.
    Put a banana seat and stingray apes on it. Painted it rattle can black.
    It was top end fast as hell with that big front sprocket. It started a fad. I made a killing.

Then there was a lot of old english 3 speed hub hand brake bikes laying around. People would give you hat stuff back then to get rid of it.
    Made a truing stand and spoked the 3 speed hubs into the 20" rear wheels on our homemade stingrays with the big front sprockets.
    The fun part was making the hand brakes mount and work on the 20's. Neighbor had a welder.....and a sprint car.....and skills.......and material......and he thought we were nuts.....and he was correct.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom