• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    All this talk of rowing shifters has me thinking. . . the only thing that I need to put a 4 spd in the Galaxie is a set of pedals. . . . . I'm getting lazy though and the thought of pushing in a stiff clutch in traffic isn't particularly enticing anymore.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All this talk of rowing shifters has me thinking. . . the only thing that I need to put a 4 spd in the Galaxie is a set of pedals. . . . . I'm getting lazy though and the thought of pushing in a stiff clutch in traffic isn't particularly enticing anymore.

Yeah that is the downside. My last 3 peddle car was the 64 Chevel. It had a multi-disk set up that was stupid expensive but a joy to operate. I am one that has the shifter in neutral when I get stopped at a light. When the time comes I am in 1st and ready to roll out. Parking lot style traffic sucks butt.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    This one brings back fond memories.
    I had one the same color when I lived in Alabama.
    The car was owned by a bootlegger. He would load the truck with beer from the adjacent wet county then air up the air shocks and head back to Winston County.

The car car was a big block and would haul butt.

I had a little too many Budweiser one day and took out a mailbox, six cedar fence post and a telephone pole.
    That was the end of the Monte Carlo.

B6DC0D2A-7760-4FC6-B680-50927B253EB8_zpskjnoixwf.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    D0144E4A-F810-44E4-95D8-7D45B99868EA_zpsltujqjf8.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

I want this car so bad. Now where can I sell a kidney?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This one brings back fond memories.
    I had one the same color when I lived in Alabama.
    The car was owned by a bootlegger. He would load the truck with beer from the adjacent wet county then air up the air shocks and head back to Winston County.

The car car was a big block and would haul butt.

I had a little too many Budweiser one day and took out a mailbox, six cedar fence post and a telephone pole.
    That was the end of the Monte Carlo.

B6DC0D2A-7760-4FC6-B680-50927B253EB8_zpskjnoixwf.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    D0144E4A-F810-44E4-95D8-7D45B99868EA_zpsltujqjf8.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

I want this car so bad. Now where can I sell a kidney?

Holy crap I want this.
    Buddy had one either that color or close. Bought brand new. 390 HP 454 and 3 peddles. What a great car.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Yeah that is the downside. My last 3 peddle car was the 64 Chevel. It had a multi-disk set up that was stupid expensive but a joy to operate. I am one that has the shifter in neutral when I get stopped at a light. When the time comes I am in 1st and ready to roll out. Parking lot style traffic sucks butt.

Thankfully up in the Fort I don't deal with a lot of stop and go driving. Living in a big city like LA in rush hour traffic with 3 pedals would be horrible.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    I had a teacher in tech school that said he had a th350 with a clutch instead of a torque converter. Variable Stall Speed converter was the term he used. If I remember right, this was done in the late 60's-70's. Anybody ever seen or know about one like that?

Had them in the turbo 350 and the 400. Also had the Clutchflight 727

old school clutch turbo transmission | NastyZ28.com

Why isn't a Clutch-Turbo 400 more common? - ChevyTalk - FREE Restoration and Repair Help for your Chevrolet

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom