• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    This is a buddy of mine. Does a bunch of car photography. He's down in Florida following Sick week. Built his 245(?) Volvo with some turbo parts a fellow INGO-er hooked him up with recently. I forget who it was, but glad it worked out :)

Anyway, he's done a few build videos and takes some amazing pictures.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    This is a buddy of mine. Does a bunch of car photography. He's down in Florida following Sick week. Built his 245(?) Volvo with some turbo parts a fellow INGO-er hooked him up with recently. I forget who it was, but glad it worked out :)

Anyway, he's done a few build videos and takes some amazing pictures.

That would be me, glad he got it sorted. He seemed like a really nice guy I sold him some stuff I didn't need cheap and gave him a few other things.

He probably didn't know what to think of me cause I cuss like a sailor..:dunno:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Doesn’t seem like a bad price. Wonder what the story is.

Here’s another “cheap-ish” Nova that doesn’t seem like a bad project to take on. Do some decent prep work and throw a nice single stage color on there and it would be plenty respectable.

Yeah yeah. I know you could pick these up for 800 bucks 30 years ago but those days are long gone. Anything pre-73 is going to cost you some coin regardless of condition.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    That would be me, glad he got it sorted. He seemed like a really nice guy I sold him some stuff I didn't need cheap and gave him a few other things.

He probably didn't know what to think of me cause I cuss like a sailor..:dunno:
    rofl he's definitely on the "straight edge" side of life. Great guy and I know he appreciates your generosity.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here’s another “cheap-ish” Nova that doesn’t seem like a bad project to take on. Do some decent prep work and throw a nice single stage color on there and it would be plenty respectable.

Yeah yeah. I know you could pick these up for 800 bucks 30 years ago but those days are long gone. Anything pre-73 is going to cost you some coin regardless of condition.
    Love the chromies and dog bowls. Super sleeper but I fear there are darker issues in the stroker. I call BS on the timing. If this cat does not know how to do this most simple task that we used to do by ear, then he is a flipper with no serious idea what he has. $14K is too much.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Price is a little steep but I love it.

Lots of loose ends. When I see this level of work it makes me break out in hives knowing I will come across more of it in the overall. Yes, I am ****ing nuts, but we already know this yes.

Price is a bit north on this one.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It seems like everything I look at where a lot of work was done and the price indicates it, I don't want because I can see it's not up to my standards so I'm paying for work done that I will have to rework.

So then I look at stuff that's lower priced and I mostly see very molested offerings.

I'm in a conundrum, lol. I need to find that sweet spot; reasonable price, unmolested, closer to original vs highly modified, so I can build it to my standards.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It seems like everything I look at where a lot of work was done and the price indicates it, I don't want because I can see it's not up to my standards so I'm paying for work done that I will have to rework.

So then I look at stuff that's lower priced and I mostly see very molested offerings.

I'm in a conundrum, lol. I need to find that sweet spot; reasonable price, unmolested, closer to original vs highly modified, so I can build it to my standards.
    Similar situation trying to find something to put my striker motor in although I'm not trying very hard.

Top Bottom