The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thst moved to the top spot I think. In my mind that’s about where I’d be total in my little project. But this may be a one stop shop and add slowly as I go. Hitting some shops up today and tomorrow. Hoping to have one bought or ordered by tomorrow night
    I'm curious, you looking toward stainless or blue? I really like the look of the blue better, but the stainless would be more forgiving to modification without having to cerakote.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I'm curious, you looking toward stainless or blue? I really like the look of the blue better, but the stainless would be more forgiving to modification without having to cerakote.
    Not too picky. Stainless is kind of my thing but figured it would be too pricey to want to mess with and hadn’t really considered one.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Thst moved to the top spot I think. In my mind that’s about where I’d be total in my little project. But this may be a one stop shop and add slowly as I go. Hitting some shops up today and tomorrow. Hoping to have one bought or ordered by tomorrow night
    Why not buy a unfinished frame, and slide, find them on sale. Then put it all together or have someone do it. It might take a year to find it all at a sale price, but you'll have what you want. Just takes patience.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This might make a good start on a project pistol.

Thoughts from 1911 guys?

$552
    FS today
    NST

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I don’t dislike that. 1911 experts how noticeable recoil difference in aluminum vs steel frame
    I am not an expert but I have a keyboard.

Pretty much what BC said, maybe a little difference in a 45 but not much in a 9 - all things being equal. I think I kinda prefer a 4.25" 9mm and maybe a 5" in 45 BUT looks-wise - its a Commander sized 1911 in ANY caliber.

I'd lean towards that SS Springer posted above....but all solid choices.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I had a Loaded Lightweight but in 45acp not 9mm and it had a noticeable increase in recoil impulse but it wasn't bad. I doubt a 9mm would be bad at all.
    I've shot 45acp 230gr a lot, I shot 147gr 9mm a lot, as well as 124gr. I really don't notice much difference between the two.
    I do shoot a lot of full power 10mm, and 44mag. Maybe I'm just used to the recoil from those and don't notice it as much with the 45acp.

Off subject a little.
    I learned something over the years. I have a very strong grip, and I found I was over gripping if that's a thing. I found that when I put less grip on the handguns I shot more accurately.
    Why would that be?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom