The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Tisas was first ones I thought of as well. Want to be cheap as possible bc will probably ad many parts as possible. The biggest deal breaker for me is it needs fiber optic front or at least dovetailed sights so I can add fiber optic. Bonus points if no rail. I hate rails on guns.
    If the purpose is to just buy a cheap gun then the Tisas are pretty nice but I wouldn't then sink a bunch of money into it with aftermarket parts. Good 1911 parts are pretty expensive and then in the end you still have a Tisas with expensive parts. I'd be patient and wait for a nice used SPFD to pop up and grab that. I saw a 9mm Range Officer the other day for 599.00 so they're out there.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Need advice and know there is a ton of knowledge here. Want a cheap single stack 9mm 1911 with fiber optic front sight. No other real must haves. As much as I like the double stack rock I think the grip is a little big for my baby hands.

Most likely use lcp max, p10c or the ria tac ultra fs hc to make it happen. Want to get the 1911 trial a little more time. Have enjoyed the last few weeks with the ria. Just trying to be pro active before I throw more money in the ria. Never going to shoot comps so capacity has no impact on me.
    I know you said you did not like a rail in a 1911 but this is a sweet looking pistol and a decent price. If I wasnt saving pennies for some upgrades I would consider this one.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I know you said you did not like a rail in a 1911 but this is a sweet looking pistol and a decent price. If I wasnt saving pennies for some upgrades I would consider this one.

That is sharp. If no rail I would have bought it lol. Now kind of debating

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Need advice and know there is a ton of knowledge here. Want a cheap single stack 9mm 1911 with fiber optic front sight. No other real must haves. As much as I like the double stack rock I think the grip is a little big for my baby hands.

Most likely use lcp max, p10c or the ria tac ultra fs hc to make it happen. Want to get the 1911 trial a little more time. Have enjoyed the last few weeks with the ria. Just trying to be pro active before I throw more money in the ria. Never going to shoot comps so capacity has no impact on me.
    I would hold out for a Springfield. JMHO. :twocents:

Good evening CZ fans.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    If the purpose is to just buy a cheap gun then the Tisas are pretty nice but I wouldn't then sink a bunch of money into it with aftermarket parts. Good 1911 parts are pretty expensive and then in the end you still have a Tisas with expensive parts. I'd be patient and wait for a nice used SPFD to pop up and grab that. I saw a 9mm Range Officer the other day for 599.00 so they're out there.
    It really is to get something fairly cheap and improve myself and add parts as I go without gojng too crazy. I haven’t ordered anything yet so I count thst as being patient for me. Plan to use all day tomorrow and weekend to go on the hunt.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Unfortunately I just was told my cousin died.
    It's been a rough four months.
    If you where in the US Army from 1985 to 2013 you might have known him, or heard of him.
    He was a good man. Highly intelligent, patriotic American.
    Lieutenant Colonel Glen Tolle.

Sorry for your loss, DS. Sounds like an accomplished individual.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If you where in the US Army from 1985 to 2013 you might have known him, or heard of him.

Sorry, DS. Rest in peace, Colonel. :patriot:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

Condolences, sounds like he was one of the best.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Sorry for your loss. He sounds like one who left a better place for us.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom