The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I've shot 45acp 230gr a lot, I shot 147gr 9mm a lot, as well as 124gr. I really don't notice much difference between the two.
    I do shoot a lot of full power 10mm, and 44mag. Maybe I'm just used to the recoil from those and don't notice it as much with the 45acp.

Off subject a little.
    I learned something over the years. I have a very strong grip, and I found I was over gripping if that's a thing. I found that when I put less grip on the handguns I shot more accurately.
    Why would that be?
    Not a grip "pro" but when I shoot more relaxed I shoot more accurately. I don't know the science behind it, just know what my results are. :dunno:

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I've shot 45acp 230gr a lot, I shot 147gr 9mm a lot, as well as 124gr. I really don't notice much difference between the two.
    I do shoot a lot of full power 10mm, and 44mag. Maybe I'm just used to the recoil from those and don't notice it as much with the 45acp.

Off subject a little.
    I learned something over the years. I have a very strong grip, and I found I was over gripping if that's a thing. I found that when I put less grip on the handguns I shot more accurately.
    Why would that be?
    I had the same issue. It may be different for each individual, but for me over muscling the grip made me unsteady. I didn’t realize it until I started using a red dot. The dot really showed me how unsteady I was. When I relaxed my grip some and my shoulders I could hold the dot noticeably more steady which translated to more consistent point of aim and better groups.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    So I'm hear to tell you that the Springer 9mm that Norm posted a picture of was already gone when I went in there today. Not surprising at the price they had it listed at.
    It was there when I left. They had it in the back wall. Fondled it and it was a nice tight pistol and looked very lightly used.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    So I'm hear to tell you that the Springer 9mm that Norm posted a picture of was already gone when I went in there today. Not surprising at the price they had it listed at.
    Are you talking about the SS Garrison Commander from Locked and Loaded? That one still shows in stock for 728.00 which is only a couple dollars more than mil/leo price so you'll likely not find it any cheaper.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Tried my 235 grain heeled bullet that I cast for the Richards in a cap and ball gun today, used an old Euroarms 1860 replica. It did not grenade and the bullets are still going straight in at 20 yards. I'll try something a little nicer next like a Dragoon and increase the distance.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Are you talking about the SS Garrison Commander from Locked and Loaded? That one still shows in stock for 728.00 which is only a couple dollars more than mil/leo price so you'll likely not find it any cheaper.
    Nope, this:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I just knew if I fondled it I'd want it. Interesting thing it has the Operator roll mark on the slide and on the other side it says RO Elite. It's not a roll mark more etched on the very rear of the slide. Can't wait to shoot it.
    I have the RO Target in .45 but that one is just a bit nicer pistol. Found this about it

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Not sure if I’m getting better idea of what I want or if I’m getting further from the intended plan of take something cheap and tinker and make it good LOL. Nothing local today that caught my attention at shops. Did get offered a ria single stack. Seems to be comparable to the one I had but single stack. Already fibers so thst would save me some and four mags. I know it’s not Springfield or Ruger, but compared to girsan is is comparable. Also keep in mind 100 percent happy
    With everything on the double stack ria except thickness of grip

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom