• ...and so much more!
  • ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Due to requests, I have decided to post some random stories and pieces I've written throughout the years. Was a slow day at work today, so I just felt: why not today. This will likely be a non-exhaustive and long term thread, and I'll post whenever I feel like sharing for the group. However I must start with a list of Paul Harrell-esque caveats:

1. I post these for your entertainment, though I mainly write for MY enjoyment. If my writing ain't your style, or you think this is silly, good for you. Please refrain from gridlocking the thread. Genuine constructive criticism will be graciously accepted, though again this is mainly for fun.

2. Try to ignore any spelling or grammar issues. I mainly use Notepad (because I'm not paying a subscription for office, and .TXT files are more compatible than .DOCX files), and Notepad doesn't have spelling and grammar check, at least on Windows 10.

3. These stories will most likely not be complete. These are rough drafts at the very most. They often consist of small snippets of content I just felt like writing about, or because I had a dream than I really liked, etc. Go back to No. 1, I post these just for fun.

4. My method of writing is unique, as it is intended to get the content down as quickly as possible, so it is a mixture of prose and script style. I'll also have to adapt to INGO's format. I'll explain:
    Character speech will be script style with the characters name followed by a colon ":", which is then followed by their dialogue. I didn't have time to write all the "he said this", "she said that" stuff you typically see in prose.
    Indented text with no character prefix is description in prose (the meat of text in any book).
    Segments of text will be separated with a one space break like what you see separating the numbers above.
    Jumps in scene will be separated with a "Break".
    Scenes will be separated with an "End Scene".

With all that said, I'll begin below.

Last edited:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    This first one actually originated from a dream I had three years ago, however it's been modified to use my characters and universe. It is around essay long, and I will add to it at a later date, but this is what has been written so far. For suspense sake, I will post the story in segments.

The overarching story is about a squadron of special forces operators on a rescue mission during the "Rising Storm" if you will of the beginnings of an alien invasion. It is set over a thousand years into the future on a different planet called "Arcadia".

For organization purposes, I'll call this one "Operation Morning Star".

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Operation Morning Star - Part 1
    © 2022 Eris Digital Aesthetics

Alexis: Here! Turn off here!

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Front car, turn off at this road.

The front car turned off onto an access road nearly hidden in the bushes. The rest of the convoy followed and slowly made its way along a winding path up a small foothill.​

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Everyone turn off headlights and switch to night vision. (Speaking to Alexis) You sure it's up here?

Alexis: That's what this map says. Eliza said hill 217-XH.

Onyx switched off his headlights and switched on the night vision on his ballistic glasses. The darkness of the jungle now enveloped the convoy. The only light now was from the dashboard and the last few minutes of the setting sun. Alexis folded up her map and switched on her wrist mounted computer.​

Onyx: Remind me again of what we are looking for?

Alexis: There is a cabin on this hill. Eliza said this is a place they take the researchers if there is an emergency. Should only be a twenty minute drive from the main road.

Onyx: So there will be an element on guard.

Alexis: Yeah, but they shouldn't be a problem.

Onyx: And how is that?

Alexis: Eliza isn't the only defector. There are many people who want out of the organization. People in the Peacekeepers, the Arcadian Military. If it wasn't for this network, we wouldn't have even known what was going on. Everyone at this cabin should be expecting us, and Arcadia shouldn't be none the wiser.

Onyx: And if they missed something?

Alexis: Then I guess that's why you guys are here.

Onyx: Sure. (Speaking into his radio) Raptor, go ahead and turn on the jammer. Full spectrum.

There was some static before Raptors voice sounded over the radio.​

Raptor: (Over radio) We're in the dark now, sir.

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Ten-four.

"Break"

Echo stared intensively into the night riding shotgun while George, a Sigma Security defector, drove the front car of the convoy. The jungle was full of vibrant shades and hues through his full color night vision while his short range motion tracker pulsed into the unknown. Suddenly the road opened up and a dark deserted cabin came into view.​

Echo: Stop! Stop! Stop! There it is.

George slowed the car to a halt. The rest of the convoy was about three minutes behind. Echo switched on his radio to warn the convoy while George scanned the area.​

"Break"

Onyx and Alexis drove on in silence for around five minutes until Echo's voice sounded over the radio.​

Echo: (Over radio) All convoy, this is front car. We have eyes on the cabin.

Alexis straightened up as Onyx quickly responded.​

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) What do you guys see? We going to have to party?

Echo: (Over radio) Everything's dark. Break. No signs of life. Break. Motion and Thermal are all clean. Over.

Alexis: (Quickly trying to talk over Onyx's radio) Listen, are you sure there-

Onyx raised his hand to quiet and calm Alexis. She sat back into her seat and twitched her leg in agitation.​

Onyx: (Speaking to the convoy on his radio) All convoy, halt! Halt! Halt! Front car, stay in position and keep us posted. Over.

Echo: (Over radio) Ten-Four.

The convoy slowed to a halt as Onyx switched his radio to a different channel.​

Onyx: (Speaking onto his radio) Raptor, give me a reading on long range motion.

Raptor: (Over radio) Roger.

As onyx released his radio's transmitter, Alexis leaned over the cab's center console and retaliated.​

Alexis: What are we waiting for, they could be in trouble!

Onyx: We could also be driving into an ambush.

Alexis sat back in frustration.​

Alexis: This is not how this should be going.

Onyx: No plan survives first contact, agent. As an intelligence officer, you should know this.

Raptor: (Over radio) Onyx?

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Send traffic.

Raptor: (Over radio) Long range motion is all clear. Break. No intercepted messages either. Over.

Onyx: (Speaking to Raptor over his radio) Roger. (Speaking to Echo over his radio) Convoy to Front Car. Anything change?

About twenty seconds past before Echo responded.​

Echo: (Over radio) Negative. Still completely deserted. Over.

Onyx: (Speaking to convoy over his radio) Alright, convoy start back up. Move in slow.

The convoy started their climb again and in about three minutes came to a clearing. As Echo had described, a deserted cabin shrouded in darkness came into view. Twilight had set in as the sky was faintly indigo from the setting sun. Arcadia's two moons shown from the Northeast. As the entire convoy came into the clearing, Onyx gave the order to stop and dismount.​

Onyx: (Speaking to convoy over his radio) All convoy, halt and dismount. (Talking to Alexis) When we stop, don't go rushing in there until we secure the perimeter.

Alexis gave a reluctant nod. Onyx slowed the truck to a stop and slung on his rifle. Alexis got out of the truck and carefully closed the passenger door, looking in disbelief at the moonlit cabin. Onyx walked over to Echo and George.​

Echo: Nothing has changed, Onyx.

Onyx: Okay, take Hawkeye and Seth and do a perimeter check. Two hundred meter radius. George, you stay here.

Echo nodded his head and rushed off, while Onyx motioned for Samson to come over.​

Onyx: Samson, I want you, Yeti, and Raptor to take all the Sigma guys and secure the cabin, inside and out.

Samson: Yessir.

Samson gave a mock salute and hurried along. Onyx turned to Alexis.​

Onyx: You'll stay with me until the cabin is secure.

"Break"

Echo entered the jungle with Hawkeye and Seth. The forest floor was almost entirely dark, but the three special forces operators navigated it with ease. No branch or tree could escape the gaze of their full color night vision.​

Hawkeye: Something doesn't seem right.

Echo: No s***, we were expecting a welcome party, and we got a ghost ship in return.

Hawkeye: That's not what I mean. Something in the air...there's just an energy to it. I don't know.

Echo: You getting all spiritual, like Ty?

Seth: Shouldn't we be a little more quiet? We don't know what's out here.

Echo: This perimeter sweep is just a precaution. If there was an ambush, it would have triggered long range motion.

Seth: Really?

Echo: It would pick up a squirrel if we had it tuned for it. Aren't I right, Hawkeye?

Hawkeye: I'm with Seth on this one, something's got me on edge.

"End Part 1"

Last edited:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Just because I feel like it tonight. More will be posted tomorrow.

Operation Morning Star - Part 2
    © 2022 Eris Digital Aesthetics

Samson walked onto the front porch of the cabin. All of the exterior doors and window shutters were open. He peered into the windows with his nightvision and saw some tables and chairs flipped over, but no signs of life. Yeti voiced over Samson's radio.​

Yeti: (Over radio) Cabin exterior all clear.

Samson: (Speaking into his radio) Okay, come to the front. We're going in.

George: You see anyone, yet?

Samson: No. This place is dead. Keep your guys outside and keep an eye on the second floor. Radio me if you see something.

When Yeti and Raptor arrived, Samson motioned for them to stack up on both sides of the front door. Samson rushed in with his rifle leveled to his eye while his fellow operators followed. There were signs of a great commotion. Tables and chairs were flipped over, papers strewn about, and a few smashed windows. There were no bodies or blood. Samson could see George and his guys surround the house outside. Samson motioned for his guys to check upstairs. He looked up and saw a mezzanine overlooking the great room. On the opposite side of the great room was a stone fireplace. A deer's head was mounted on the chimney, which made Samson nearly gasp.​

Yeti: What was it?

Samson: That f***ing deer head. Just startled me, that's all.

Yeti continued up the stairs quietly chuckling. Yeti raised his light machine gun and aimed it at each door as his sight had a X-ray mode allowing his to see a few meters on the other side. He nodded to Raptor, who then proceeded to open the door and check the interior. They repeated this for every room. As samson was checking the bottom floor, he nearly slipped as he entered the kitchen. He looked down and saw rifle casings scattered all over the place. Upon further investigation, he saw that the walls were riddled with bullet holes. He also noticed tablet on the floor with it's screen still on. Whatever happened didn't happen too long ago.​

"Break"

Onyx and Alexis watched from the equipment van while Ty kept his eyes on the long range motion tracker. Alexis paced impatiently.​

Onyx: Relax.

Alexis: How can I? I promised these people I would get them out safe, and now this.

Onyx: And getting yourself worked up won't help anything. (To Ty) Anything?

Ty: The only thing moving is us.

Just then, Samson's voice came over the radio.​

Samson: (Over radio) Onyx, cabin is secure, inside and out. Over.

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Ten-Four. Gather outside the entrance and we'll try and figure this out.

Samson: (Over radio) Roger.

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Echo, come in.

Echo: (Over radio) Send traffic.

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Cabin is secure. Break. Meet at the entrance when you're done. Over.

Echo: (Over radio) Roger that.

Onyx: Ty, we're going to move up. Stay here and keep an eye on the motion tracker and radio me if anything changes.

Ty gives the same mock salute as Samson gave and smiles. Onyx calmly walks to the cabin's front entrance with Alexis besides him. Samson, Yeti, and Raptor were standing on the front porch while George and four other Sigma defectors were walking towards the front from the back yard.​

Onyx: So, what did you all find?

Samson: No signs of life. No bodies or blood. But someone was here probably around two hours ago.

Alexis breathed a sigh of relief and looked hopeful.​

Onyx: Anything else?

Samson: There was some commotion before they left, as there are tables and chairs all over. We also found bullet casing inside and out of the cabin as well as bulletholes in the walls. There is still a hint of gunpowder smell in the kitchen.

Just then, Echo voiced over the radio.​

Echo: (Over radio) Onyx, come in.

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Send traffic.

Echo: (Over radio) We encountered a small pond nearby, and there is fresh boot tracks in the mud. Judging by the stride, I'd say they were running away from the cabin and towards the Southeast.

Onyx: (Speaking into his radio) Roger. Return when you've completed your perimeter sweep.

Echo: (Over radio) Ten-Four on than. Hawkeye's got one of his feelings, again.

Yeti: Sounds like something spooked them and they ran off into the jungle.

Samson: They were probably compromised. There's fresh tire tracks all over the ground.

Onyx: Possibly, but there are no shell casings out there. Whatever they were firing at wasn't firing back.

Yeti: Unless they were using caseless or energy weapons.

Onyx: Perhaps.

Alexis: Well this is all exciting, but I'm going to look around and see if I can find anything that says where they may have gone.

Onyx: Agreed. Samson, Raptor. Get the van and set up some lights. The rest of you, assist Special Agent Blake.

Everyone nodded and walked off. Onyx followed Samson and Raptor.​

Samson: A little pistol, ain't she?

Onyx: She just wants her people safe.

Raptor: And she's intelligence. Knowing what's going on is their business.

Samson: And when things go wrong-

Onyx: They get upset. Besides, it's partially her operation.

Samson: Even though she doesn't know our true purpose here?

Onyx: Need to know basis, gentlemen.

Raptor: We sure turning on the lights is a good idea?

Onyx: Whoever caused all this is long gone. Besides, anything we would need to be worried about would have already detected us.

Raptor nodded his head in acknowledgment.​

"End Part 2"

Top Bottom