• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Not worth 500 I'd give 300 tops. The 915 was the start of the value series. Less refined then 5906 but still had metal parts unlike the 910 which came next.

I read it was the value series, but I didn't learn much else. I always get curious when guns get mix matched like that.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I read it was the value series, but I didn't learn much else. I always get curious when guns get mix matched like that.

You can do it but doesn't make it a 500 gun. The finish on the 915 was a bit better then its replacement the 910. Many on the s&w forum see the 915 as very under rated.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Below is my punishment for not ordering an extra mag when I ordered my 5906, which was listed for $17.
    What was I thinking? :ugh:
    I don't mind reloading a 15 round mag at the range, but since I realize I am going to hang onto this gun for the long-term since it does maybe nothing great, but it does alot of things well for me.
    Since another use of this gun could be a "house gun" I want another mag so I can switch them out.
    The fact that this is a 17 round mag instead of a 15 round, is just a bonus of which I indulged in for a few extra dollars.

ItemSkuQtySubtotal
    Mec-Gar Smith & Wesson 5900 Series/915/910/659 9mm 17-Round MagazineColorBluedMGSW5917B1$22.99

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Below is my punishment for not ordering an extra mag when I ordered my 5906, which was listed for $17.
    What was I thinking? :ugh:
    I don't mind reloading a 15 round mag at the range, but since I realize I am going to hang onto this gun for the long-term since it does maybe nothing great, but it does alot of things well for me.
    Since another use of this gun could be a "house gun" I want another mag so I can switch them out.
    The fact that this is a 17 round mag instead of a 15 round, is just a bonus of which I indulged in for a few extra dollars.

ItemSkuQtySubtotal
    Mec-Gar Smith & Wesson 5900 Series/915/910/659 9mm 17-Round MagazineColorBluedMGSW5917B1$22.99

At least you didn't buy a promag

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    To be honest I did own 2 when I first bought my 4506-1 as I wasnt in the know for original mag prices but now I too many.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Been away for a while, buying a new place that's a project tends to do that. While not a 3rd Gen, I looked at a 39-2 in Fort Wayne (at Gander) yesterday. Finish was a bit too gone for my taste for what they wanted for it, but if you wanted a nickel finished 39-2, it's not terrible

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Dang. Nothing wrong with that price. I’ve seen some really cheap used guns at Gander but also some way underpriced.

I find all the big box stores like that. I've got some real deals from Cabela's in multiple states on a variety of guns. But then there are some that are crazy overpriced. When I lived in Michigan, I used to frequent the Dundee Cabela's, they would often have a used Glock in the case in the gun library, for more than a new one in the new gun section.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I find all the big box stores like that. I've got some real deals from Cabela's in multiple states on a variety of guns. But then there are some that are crazy overpriced. When I lived in Michigan, I used to frequent the Dundee Cabela's, they would often have a used Glock in the case in the gun library, for more than a new one in the new gun section.

I’ve never understood that about the gun library at Cabelas. Maybe it is more about traffic than sales?

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    I’ve never understood that about the gun library at Cabelas. Maybe it is more about traffic than sales?

From what I gather in talking to them, basically they have guys in the gun library that end up paying too much to buy guns to begin with, at which point they are forced *by corporate policy* to put their standard markup on the guns, driving them over new prices.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Good to meet you this weekend, 1775usmarine!

Thanks for the book and the sharing the VZ with me. Cool stuff, fun weekend and a great way for a few people to put 10k rounds down range!

Same here and not a problem....

For $329 I'd drive down in a heartbeat to buy it up.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Good afternoon, everyone. I just picked up a 5906, my 1st. It's an all steel stainless version, and I was hoping to learn a little more about it. I havn't read every page in this thread, so I hope you'll be gentle with me if it's been answered before. Am I stuck with the long, mushy, DA trigger, or are there adjustments or aftermarket products that will help? Also, when it's at full cock and I put the safety on, and the hammer falls, that's just a decocker, right? It's not going to fire when the hammer falls when I put the safety on? Please forgive my newbieness. I'm not as familiar with pistols as I am with rifles. Also a lot of takeup on the SA pull; at least a quarter iinch, probably more. Thanks,
    Steve

Top Bottom