aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    S&W 3rd Gen Semi Autos

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/812798246

Here you go mcapo another 3906 reasonably priced as of now.

Looks like I’m placing a large parts order next week for a 6.5 Grendel build so the 3906 dream is forestalled.

Further funding of the build will come from the sale of a CS45 and CS9 - if anyone is interested, send me a PM. CS45 with box and one mag. CS9 with box and three mags - both in very good condition with light handling marks.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Finally talked with a gunsmith this pm about the sights and what approach to take on my SW 5906.
    I'm not in a hurry since it isn't on the sell list.
    I'll take it this summer when retired and get the rear sight drifted and see what can be done with the front sights to give me consistent shooting.
    I know the potential is there in the gun since I've seen some good groups with it, so it will be fun to get it shooting correctly with me being the weak link.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    ***Warning***
    The following link could lead to a divorce and happiness.

7Nkl4jw.png

https://www.classicfirearms.com/smi...gn=20190522SW5906&utm_content=Daily+Message+1

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Where’s Doddg?

Oh, believe me, I looked and then looked again. :coffee:
    I was trying to figure out if these had adjustable rear sights (since the one I bought didn't).
    Never did figure it out, but I didn't try very hard since I can't do any more purchases right now anyway.
    Just bought a .22LR Ruger 10/22 and until I sell a couple of items, the money tree has dried up. :dunno:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I was trying to figure out if these had adjustable rear sights (since the one I bought didn't).
    Never did figure it out, but I didn't try very hard since I can't do any more purchases right now anyway.
    Just bought a .22LR Ruger 10/22 and until I sell a couple of items, the money tree has dried up. :dunno:

You can do it.
    You don't really need to eat this month anyway. And who actually pays there bills on time. Am I right? :yesway:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You can do it.
    You don't really need to eat this month anyway. And who actually pays there bills on time. Am I right? :yesway:

If I didn't have one already: I'd find a way. :)
    I'm supposed to be trimming but I bought a Shield 2.0 Saturday and a Ruger .22LR rifle yesterday: 2 in 4 days. :dunno:
    I have been feeding my addiction even w/o encouragement. :laugh:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

If the picture was accurate to the one you get then that did have the adjustable sight, easily recognized by the tall wings on each side of the sight.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Why can't I take my eyes off the 3rd gen Smith and Wesson Model 3953 9mm stainless in the classifieds?
    Addiction is a thing that clings and doesn't let go w/o great resolve.
    I have researched it and done all my preparatory "pre-buy" work, but I keep telling my self I don't need another compact single stack 9mm with an 8-round magazine, this one with a DAO with a sweet trigger.
    And yet, I look everyday. I have a laundry list of "why nots" to bring me back into the folds of reality.
    I even bought a .22LR rifle during this time to distract me: yet, I look.
    Having owned many single stack 9mms (and really loved my Ruger 1911 9mm) and keep reminding myself: been there, done that.
    But, I still can't quit looking.
    The clincher: what would I sell to keep it?
    I have two guns I need to sell just to cover recent forays into a SW Shield 2.0 & a Ruger 10/22 Carbine, and I'm just not prepared to let another fly out of the safe for this 3953 that is calling to me.
    I was warned about these 3rd generation S/W: I need to be content and happy with the 5903 I splurged on.

the 3953:
    Whq32XG.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Rolled the dice a little and bought an Azula leather holster from Ebay for the 5906. They are made in South Africa and cost $45. From what I could find on Ebay and other sites the reviews seem to be positive overall. So far it seems to be worth the money in regards to fit & finish. I do have two little gripes. I wish the trigger guard was covered a little more and I wish they wouldn't have molded the holster with the safety engaged.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Top Bottom