• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    As long as the price was right its always a good day to pick up a smith.
    $325 OTD, original case, test casing, and two mags. Good overall condition. From what I've seen, definitely not a steal, but not too bad considering it was an OTD price (all of my local shops are ~$50 transfer fees)

If I end up liking it enough, I'll probably take the plunge on one of the nicer variants down the line.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    $325 OTD, original case, test casing, and two mags. Good overall condition. From what I've seen, definitely not a steal, but not too bad considering it was an OTD price (all of my local shops are ~$50 transfer fees)

If I end up liking it enough, I'll probably take the plunge on one of the nicer variants down the line.

At that price with the goodies its a good price. As always with the value series pistols its all about condition in relation to price. Ive seen beat up 910's with askings of 325 not including ship and transfer.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I rarely order online b/c of the extra costs, and can do better here on INGO, or a local shop if looking for something uncommon, meaning noone else wants one anyway :laugh: (like the Bersa .22LR (too ammo finicky) or Bersa 9mm compact (noone knows about it), or a Beretta tip-up barrel (people think: why? :scratch:), or perhaps Rural King or Cabelas are "giving" something away.
    I ordered my SW 5906, b/c of reading this thread too much :dunno:, and was given a tip on it.

I think it was:
    a. $350 gun
    b. $25ish 2nd magazine (got a 17 round while I was at it)
    c. $25 shipping (I think)
    d. $25 FFL fee
    e. $XX taxes (not remember if charged)
    f. $27 rubber Pachmayr grips ($22 plus shipping: not remember shipping)
    g. $90 future wood grips (got to have them just for looks)
    h. $90 IWB & OWB leather holsters

Total = $632

You did great! :thumbsup: Especially considering the next model in 1996, the 910, that took the place of your 915, introduced some plastic parts, while the 915 was a "real" metal gun!

Last edited:

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    I rarely order online b/c of the extra costs, and can do better here on INGO, or a local shop if looking for something uncommon, meaning noone else wants one anyway (like the Bersa .22LR (too ammo finicky) or Bersa 9mm compact (noone knows about it), or a Beretta tip-up barrel (people think: why? :scratch:), or perhaps Rural King or Cabelas are "giving" something away.
    I ordered my SW 5906, b/c of reading this thread too much :dunno:, and was given a tip on it.

I think it was:
    a. $350 gun
    b. $25ish 2nd magazine (got a 17 round while I was at it)
    c. $25 shipping (I think)
    d. $25 FFL fee
    e. $XX taxes (not remember if charged)
    f. $27 rubber Pachmayr grips ($22 plus shipping: not remember shipping)
    g. $90 future wood grips (got to have them just to for looks)

Total = $452 ($542 with future wood grips & $477/$569 if there was tax)

You did great! Especially considering the next model in 1996, the 910, that took the place of your 915, introduced some plastic parts, while the 915 was a "real" metal gun!
    Oh, mine is a 2001 date 910.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Been away from the forum a lot recently, life happens and whatnot. I'm thinking about thinning out my collection a bit, any advice on the best place to do it? I should add, it would be mostly 3rd gen's I'd be clearing out, with a few rifles and shotguns here and there.

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Been away from the forum a lot recently, life happens and whatnot. I'm thinking about thinning out my collection a bit, any advice on the best place to do it? I should add, it would be mostly 3rd gen's I'd be clearing out, with a few rifles and shotguns here and there.

I would post here first. Heck i would trade ya a 457 for something I dont have to that you couldnin turn re flip. That or the s&w forum.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I would post here first. Heck i would trade ya a 457 for something I dont have to that you couldnin turn re flip. That or the s&w forum.

I have been lusting over your 457, both here and on Armslist, for many weeks. Unfortunately medical bills have sucked up any spare funds I had stashed. It will be a fine sidearm for whoever ends up with it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I have been lusting over your 457, both here and on Armslist, for many weeks. Unfortunately medical bills have sucked up any spare funds I had stashed. It will be a fine sidearm for whoever ends up with it.

Who knows you may one day own it. Its been slow.

KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN

Let us know what you have, I know I would be interested.

KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN
    Didn't realize that was you 1775USMarine. I messaged you thru Armslist a couple weeks ago but never heard back.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Will do if I do decide to sell a few things, not sure if that's the route I want to go down at this point or not. If I did, I'd probably unload a 1026 and a model 59. Lots of things to consider

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Will do if I do decide to sell a few things, not sure if that's the route I want to go down at this point or not. If I did, I'd probably unload a 1026 and a model 59. Lots of things to consider

Id hang on to that 1026 for a while longer. My 457 is sold but if you are looking for market vaules we can help.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I don't see either one of those doing well on here unless you put 'too good to pass up' prices on them. There is one 1026 on gunbroker right now with decent bids and a boat load of 59's with no bids, that one may be tough to sell.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Id hang on to that 1026 for a while longer. My 457 is sold but if you are looking for market vaules we can help.

The 1026 is the one of my 10mm's that I'm willing to part with to be honest. I've got a 1076 and a 1086 that I'll hold on to for a bit longer. 59's, yeah, they don't go for much, but I don't have much in it either, so it might do ok.

Sold your 457? Need another one? I've got one I might part with, haha.

Top Bottom