• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The 1026 is the one of my 10mm's that I'm willing to part with to be honest. I've got a 1076 and a 1086 that I'll hold on to for a bit longer. 59's, yeah, they don't go for much, but I don't have much in it either, so it might do ok.

Sold your 457? Need another one? I've got one I might part with, haha.

I still got the one from 2017. Id like to see the 59 as I've debated looking for a decent one. I got a bid on a marlin 98 semi auto 22 only made for 2 yrs in 57 to 59 as the marlin 60 then came out and took off. I also had my local store order a left hand savage mark 2 bolt action with some of the funds from the 457 sale. The rest will go for casting equipment.

KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN
    Will do if I do decide to sell a few things, not sure if that's the route I want to go down at this point or not. If I did, I'd probably unload a 1026 and a model 59. Lots of things to consider

I have considered a 10 MM but more interested in finding a decent 3913 or 5906....or maybe a 6906. The list goes on.
    I cant PM yet because of my post count but if you decide to sell something I would be interested.

mike trible

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    I picked up a 5906 at the 'BIG R' store in Wabash yesterday for $399.00. It was in very nice condition, no scratches, no holster wear, grips in very good condition, now I just need to find a spare magazine or two. Salesman old me they had seven more of them in stock, if anyone else is looking.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I picked up a 5906 at the 'BIG R' store in Wabash yesterday for $399.00. It was in very nice condition, no scratches, no holster wear, grips in very good condition, now I just need to find a spare magazine or two. Salesman old me they had seven more of them in stock, if anyone else is looking.

Price was high but as long as your happy

mike trible

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    There was no shipping charges, no transfer fee, and I got a chance to get a good look at it before I plunked my money down. Most of what I have seen on the interweb have been around $350. plus shipping, plus a transfer fee, and now plus sales tax also, and you take the sellers word on condition. Yea , I am happy with this one.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    There was no shipping charges, no transfer fee, and I got a chance to get a good look at it before I plunked my money down. Most of what I have seen on the interweb have been around $350. plus shipping, plus a transfer fee, and now plus sales tax also, and you take the sellers word on condition. Yea , I am happy with this one.

Yep. Those fees will get ya. Plus it’s nice to have it in hand. I’ve held my breath on more than few while in transit. As a matter of fact, I have a mil surp rifle in the mail that I’m a bit nervous about. We will see...

Anyway! Nice score!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Took the SW 5906 to the range again.
    It shoots low & always has. Inches low.
    I try to aim high to compensate, but no more.
    I want adjustable rear sights for it.
    I was advised to get one of these with the rear sight adjustable, and they were right.
    I'd like to use it for range fun, and I need to do something about it.
    If I remember correctly SW made these with a rear adjustable sight for at least 1 yr.

Can anyone suggest where to find them?
    Perhaps I will have to use a different type of sights that are adjustable instead of the SW one.
    Maybe this was answered already, but I'm trying to avoid reading through pages to find it.

gFxXuO6.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    S&W 3rd Gen Semi Autos

I was advised to get one of these with the rear sight adjustable, and they were right.
    If I remember correctly SW made these with a rear adjustable sight for at least 1 yr.

Perhaps I will have to use a different type of sights that are adjustable instead of the SW one.
    Maybe this was answered already, but I'm trying to avoid reading through pages to find it.

Save yourself some headache. Contact Allenm and ask him to install a set of adjustable sights. IIRC, there are at least three different rear sight cuts on 5906s.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/359630

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Thanks so much!:thumbsup:

What is IIRC?

IIRC IIRC is if i recall. I found some millet adj rear sights and finally the corresponding front sight for my 4506-1 on ebay and it was a tack driver at the SGE hitting steel out to 20yds no problem.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    On another note over a year later and still not done with the 5906 ssv clone. Had issues with the spurless hammer and sear lock up when reinstalling. Got another 5906 repair kit few months back that included another complete slide as well. Might have to go back to the original hammer and have the shop ive used before make it spurless while getting my double barrel cerakoted.

I got to many projects started and not enough time. I still have a 60lbs floor safe I need to sand filler down in the rust holes, prime and paint to put back into service. The last few weekends been outside putting in a railroad tie border to keep the rocks off the sidewalk and relaying new weed barrier. Gotta finish putting the rocks back. Should be done by sunday if the weather holds out. Then I got the savage 311 12ga double i got from here that needs a part. I got it tore down and have the stock almost ready to restain. Finally I need to dig a sump for my crawl for my dehumidifier to drain into. Had issues with mold when we bought the house but got it fixed and it came with a 20yr warranty that we used 5yrs ago when it staryed to come back because we didnt have a dehumifier then. The flippers sealed the crawl with foam around the walls and its only a dirt crawl. The pump on the dehumidifier finally quit so looking to bury a bucket 3 to 4 ft down and run a hose so the water seeps down into the dirt.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    S&W 3rd Gen Semi Autos

That is funny… I just saw a thread about and Ssv and wondered if you’d had any progress.

I see that issue a lot with crawl spaces that have been made nearly airtight. Run a fan in your crawlspace, if you can. Redirect your guttering, make sure your foundation has positive drainage away, etc. All stuff I’m sure you already know.

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    That is funny… I just saw a thread about and Ssv and wondered if you’d had any progress.

I see that issue a lot with crawl spaces that have been made nearly airtight. Run a fan in your crawlspace, if you can. Redirect your guttering, make sure your foundation has positive drainage away, etc. All stuff I’m sure you already know.

Yeah it seems when one thing gets done and I can go work on it something lands in my lap. I've thought about doing a double fan and have it blow the crap out. I figure a bucket with some small holes in the bottom will let the water drain out and prevent sand from bubbling in and stopping the dehumidifier. Id run the hose through a lid in the bucket to keep the moisture in the bucket and force it down through the sand.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

We have no drain tile around the house. We had a sink hole and while digging down around the house ended up finding out that way. Ive run drain tile from 2 of the gutters as they dumped rhe water on the sidewalk and driveway causing ice in the winter. The back gutters tie into a drain that goes from the house.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Yeah it seems when one thing gets done and I can go work on it something lands in my lap. I've thought about doing a double fan and have it blow the crap out. I figure a bucket with some small holes in the bottom will let the water drain out and prevent sand from bubbling in and stopping the dehumidifier. Id run the hose through a lid in the bucket to keep the moisture in the bucket and force it down through the sand.

Maybe a little gravel or something at the bottom of the hole?

p.s.: I still havn't shot my shiny 5906 yet. I need to fix that.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Maybe a little gravel or something at the bottom of the hole?

p.s.: I still havn't shot my shiny 5906 yet. I need to fix that.

If i can get a 3 to 4ft deep hole id go get some pea gravel to put in the bottom. I figure we'll be here another 23 years so not too concerned about codes we may be violating till the time to move comes.

If you send your 5906 to me ill run a mag dump our my back door and send it back to you.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

You just need a different height front sight (shorter), measure your existing sight, run it through the formula https://dawsonprecision.com/sight-calculator/ , and pick up one of these, you like colored front sights anyway.

https://dawsonprecision.com/s-w-5906-fiber-optic-front-sights/ there are about 10 different heights to choose from!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Been dialoguing with Jeff at his gunsmithing shop.
    I've read where filing the front sight down (cheapest option) or getting a lower front sight of some sort might be a simpler fix than replacing the rear sight like I originally wanted.
    He doesn't even have the 5906 right now b/c he's working on the rear sight of my SW 41 before I sell it.
    What is it with me and rear sights? :dunno:
    The previous owner replaced it since it had a rail and scope on it, but it isn't perfect and I want anything I sell to be so.
    I might have to put the rail and scope back on it like it was bought by the previous owner.

Top Bottom