• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    You won't be punished, you'll get your pop....but I'm not gonna go out of my way to get it to you quicker if I get a dressing down at the door for it. I'll do my job, and be professional about it...but I'm not doing you any favors if you're a jerk. Thats the point I'm trying to make.

Yeah, sometimes I don't like my job...so I should just quit and go on welfare, right? Grow up. I work this job to keep the lights on, at MY expense instead of yours.

Geez, all this anger over a friggin 2 liter of soda....I'll bet the guys sounding off over how outraged they are don't tip in the first place.

It's not over a pop, it's over you thinking a paying customer who expects to get what they ordered and a job just done to the bare minimum is the jerk. A pizza delivery guy who thinks he's doing you a favor just to give you what you ordered thinks the guy paying him is a jerk for expecting what he's paying for?

I hope you like delivering pizzas, you'll be doing it a lot longer. There's a jerk in this wood pile that's for sure.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    :bacondance: I win! :bacondance: I win! :bacondance: I win!
    Nope, not me. I doubt you even had a driver's license the last time I had a pizza delivered. I know I haven't since 1994.

When I was calling in the pizza orders it was for 5 - 10 pizza's at a time and the delivery guy got a tip of 20-30% or more for the cost of each pizza all from one single trip. Don't recall I ever got an order late or with the order wrong a single time in all the years I called in the orders and pick up the food at the gate. Mann's grill, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, I don't recall any of them ever got an order wrong or came late. They all seemed pretty happy to get that run and not one ever acted like they were doing me the favor to get the order right and on time.

Of course they were happy to get that run...thats a generous percentage. If you called me a communist and kicked me down your stairs every time I showed up, but tipped me that well, I'd still be happy when I saw your address on my tickets.

I'm not trying to give the impression I screw orders up often, either...I've been running deliveries for about 7 years, on and off, and I can probably count on both hands, and have fingers to spare, the number of times I've forgotten something. Its a job I pick up when I need extra cash, and usually it serves well for that purpose.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    You won't be punished, you'll get your pop....but I'm not gonna go out of my way to get it to you quicker if I get a dressing down at the door for it. I'll do my job, and be professional about it...but I'm not doing you any favors if you're a jerk. Thats the point I'm trying to make.

Yeah, sometimes I don't like my job...so I should just quit and go on welfare, right? Grow up. I work this job to keep the lights on, at MY expense instead of yours.

Geez, all this anger over a friggin 2 liter of soda....I'll bet the guys sounding off over how outraged they are don't tip in the first place.

The way I try to view my work in "challenging" situations:

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.
    Icon_CrossRef_wht_bg.gif
    Icon_CrossRef_wht_bg.gif

Not trying to preach to, or impose my beliefs anyone, just the way I view things.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Geez, all this anger over a friggin 2 liter of soda....

You should see them when you bring up wal-mart greeters!! :rolleyes:

Hey man, I'm with ya. I'm guessing your reason for starting this thread was that you needed a place to vent after a rough night (been there.) And why not vent to your INGO buddies!? But who knew you'd change so many lives! Think of all those who'll tip better because of this thread and all those who'll never order pizza again!! You sir are a true world changer in these trying economic times!! :patriot: Bet you never thought you'd have such an impact :rockwoot: :laugh:

I am a firm believer that everyone should work at least 6 months in retail (to include xmas season) and 6 in food service... would change a lot of assumptions and views, as well as put a lot of food places outta business once people saw what really happens in the kitchen!!

Keep driving on (no pun intended :D) I salute you pizza delivery guy, and all you INGO members (even you cheap bastards) who love delicious, greasy dough, smothered in sauce, cheese and an array of toppings as much as I do! :ingo:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I will keep driving...because somewhere, someone is too drunk, lazy, or otherwise occupied, and needs my services. I am the savior of keg parties, hero of LAN parties....and guest of honor at more birthday parties than I care to remember.

I've put WAY more thought into this than I originally intended. It was a thread about a crappy night on the job, that turned into an epic duel about the fate of a 2 liter.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I almost always go and pick my pizza up when we order,but sometimes I just dont feel like getting out so we have it delivered and when we do have it delivered my wife and I will tip the driver 50% of what our order cost. gas isnt cheap and I figure its the least I can do for someone helping me out when Im feeling lazy.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    You should see them when you bring up wal-mart greeters!! :rolleyes:

Hey man, I'm with ya. I'm guessing your reason for starting this thread was that you needed a place to vent after a rough night (been there.) And why not vent to your INGO buddies!? But who knew you'd change so many lives! Think of all those who'll tip better because of this thread and all those who'll never order pizza again!! You sir are a true world changer in these trying economic times!! :patriot: Bet you never thought you'd have such an impact :rockwoot: :laugh:

I am a firm believer that everyone should work at least 6 months in retail (to include xmas season) and 6 in food service... would change a lot of assumptions and views, as well as put a lot of food places outta business once people saw what really happens in the kitchen!!

Keep driving on (no pun intended :D) I salute you pizza delivery guy, and all you INGO members (even you cheap bastards) who love delicious, greasy dough, smothered in sauce, cheese and an array of toppings as much as I do! :ingo:

You think they are hard on Wally World greeters??? Try being an LEO round here at times.............:D

(Please notice I used this: :D and not this::rolleyes:. Relax.....it's supposed to be funny)

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I've put WAY more thought into this than I originally intended. It was a thread about a crappy night on the job, that turned into an epic duel about the fate of a 2 liter.

What kind of 2 liter was it?? I might have to wrestle someone over some Dr.Pepper!!!!!:laugh:
    My Glock Rocks, I feel your pain. I used to deliver auto parts many years ago. Nothing worse than getting a arse chewing because you brought someone the wrong stuff....that the counterperson got wrong.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    People must understand with the economy that things are tighter, that means less money to go around.

If you got a family that's earning power is greatly diminished, so is it's ability to buy and tip. Heck that pizza they buy may be the only splurge they have for the month for the kids and them. So it's possible that there will be a meager tip.

If you can't afford to tip, pick it up. It's not all that difficult. More accurately, if you genuinely can't afford to tip a few dollars, you shouldn't be ordering pizza, especially if you are parent, that's just irresponsible. There's more important stuff to spend it on. And I delivered to several prominent pro athletes in the Fishers/Carmel area. 1 in particular was an extremely meager tipper. Some people are just cheap. Period. And the first few times i delivered to him, I didn't even know who he was, just thought he was a normal cheap guy, not a rich cheap guy.

I pesonally haven't had a pizza delivered since I started running pizzas like 7 years ago. I know the ins and outs and you're going to get better everything if you just go pick it up. Very few exceptions. Plus i'm gonna tip well and i'd rather not waste the money when it's a LOT less in gas to just go get it.

As a matter of fact, when I get out 2 in years, if I don't come back to contract overseas, which I hope will. I'll probably run pizzas part time while i'm taking advantage of the Post 9/11 GI bill. I loved that job. And you'll always get people that tip poorly. You can't avoid it. But you can ***** about it to your friends on :ingo:

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Ok, maybe THIS is the misunderstanding....

You don't tip me when I forget your soda. Thats fine. I screwed up, and therefore I should accept responsibility for it.

The point I'm trying to make is....if you have a HISTORY of being a good tipper, I'll go out of my way to make up for it. If you have a history of being a *******, you'll wait until I get back from the store.

If the good tipper doesn't tip because I forgot his soda, well, I forgot his soda. But I want to keep him as happy as possible, so I don't make him wait too long to get it. The guy that ALWAYS stiffs me, though....well, I'll do my job.

I'm not whining about it, for petessake...I accept the fact that I screwed up, and ain't getting a tip for this run. The point is, if I know you're a good customer, I'll treat you better than the guy that shuts his door in my face every time I come to his house.

OK now that we understand each other better I can agree with your post. For the record last time I had pizza delivery the bill was 23 dollars and change, I handed the kid 30 and told him to keep the change, I thought he was going to kiss me. (Why do I never get the hot pizza delivery chic?)

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I wish Noble Romans was still open.

The one on 10th and N Girls School Road, is still there! Not terribly far from Plainfield! Mannn I love that pizza..

Back on Topic; I think I've had pizza delivered once. I normally drive to the place and pick it up. However adding a delivery charge to my bill does not make me a happy customer which is probably why I don't have people deliver to my place.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I will keep driving...because somewhere, someone is too drunk, lazy, or otherwise occupied, and needs my services. I am the savior of keg parties, hero of LAN parties....and guest of honor at more birthday parties than I care to remember.

The second best delivery I ever had I delivered to the "Banana Split" on Lafeyette RD at 34th.... Before it burnt.... They used to model lingerie for the customers. I walked in with their 4 pizzas and they were all sitting around naked on this couch in the back room.... Good times... Good times... :D

The one on 10th and N Girls School Road, is still there! Not terribly far from Plainfield! Mannn I love that pizza..

Back on Topic; I think I've had pizza delivered once. I normally drive to the place and pick it up. However adding a delivery charge to my bill does not make me a happy customer which is probably why I don't have people deliver to my place.

Yea, I've been there. Pretty good pizza, but nothing like the one on US36 and Dan Jones I used to work at. It's now a Fazoli's and a CRAPPY one at that. :rolleyes:

I don't mind pizza being delivered. Saves me from having to take 4 kids to the pizza shop and wear and tear on my own car. Even though I don't live but 7 minutes away. :): BTW, I tip very well. :D

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Last Christmas we left to head to Colorado to visit my family. One of the only places we could find to eat outside St. Louis at 7 p.m. on Christmas was a Carl's Jr. Because those folks had to work Christmas, I tipped both the gals working up front $20 a piece. I wanted them to know how much I appreciated them working on a holiday.
    Well...that and you were afraid they would be mad over working on Christmas and pee on your food. :):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    The second best delivery I ever had I delivered to the "Banana Split" on Lafeyette RD at 34th.... Before it burnt.... They used to model lingerie for the customers. I walked in with their 4 pizzas and they were all sitting around naked on this couch in the back room.... Good times... Good times... :D

Yea, I've been there. Pretty good pizza, but nothing like the one on US36 and Dan Jones I used to work at. It's now a Fazoli's and a CRAPPY one at that. :rolleyes:

I don't mind pizza being delivered. Saves me from having to take 4 kids to the pizza shop and wear and tear on my own car. Even though I don't live but 7 minutes away. :): BTW, I tip very well. :D

My favorite runs, when I worked in Florida, were the ones to "Cleopatra's Gentlemen's Club" just outside of Palmetto....not only were the tips outstanding, but the scenery was excellent.

We used to fight over who got to run those pizzas out....eventually we went to a rotation system, if you'd gone last time, even if you were the driver whos turn it was to take the next run, you took the one after that and let someone else take their turn to go out there!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    wow i feel ya i worked for a local pizza place and it was about as bad

Which one? Were you the guy who always screwed up my cousin's order? HUH? ANSWER ME PUNK!!!! :p

J/K

I feel for anyone delivering in Vincennes. That place laid out their road system LONG before the thought of straight parallel roads were deemed smart! :laugh:

Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central
    I think the stores are kind of screwing the drivers. At least where I am fom up until about 2 years ago I don't remember there being a delivery charge. Then all of a sudden it kind of just "popped up". The average around here is 2 bucks. Before the charge I always tipped the driver three bucks. Now I tip him 2. because putting out 5 above the cost of the pizza is a bit much for me.

Top Bottom