• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    gotta ask... do the gents working the store that is almost all delivery, but now has a $5 ready now carry out deal - need to be tipped as well?

I just picked one up from the Red&Blue guys, and had that momentary panic as I left the store: should I have tipped?

My thought is: No, no more than I tip the girl at burger king who says "You want fries with that?"

Is there anything I'm missing from this CARRY OUT scenario?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    gotta ask... do the gents working the store that is almost all delivery, but now has a $5 ready now carry out deal - need to be tipped as well?

I just picked one up from the Red&Blue guys, and had that momentary panic as I left the store: should I have tipped?

My thought is: No, no more than I tip the girl at burger king who says "You want fries with that?"

Is there anything I'm missing from this CARRY OUT scenario?

Thats my sentiment as well....in store guys don't really expect to be tipped, unless they're servers waiting your table. They also make minimum wage or higher, because they're classified as a "non-tipped" position.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I knew at guy at work who was a big-time, seasoned alcoholic.

Drank like a fish every day of his life.

Somehow, he got hold of one of those portable illuminated Pizza Hut delivery car-top sign things.

He said it kept him from getting pulled over, and got him waved through DUI roadblocks at night after a bender.

He's dead now though....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I know this thread is kinda cold by now...but I got some great tips tonight. To the gentleman in Carmel who gave me 10 bucks on his 60 dollar order tonight...thanks! I'm enjoying some tasty home made tacos right now, courtesy of you!

I was behind a green SUV with a Gadsen bumper sticker tonight, right off Greyhound Pass and 31 in Carmel...was that one of y'all?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    [FONT=arial, helvetica][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Robbers hit pizza delivery driver[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
    By John Tuohy
    john.tuohy@indystar.com
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]A 21-year-old pizza delivery driver in Lawrence was robbed at gunpoint of $80 in pizza and $80 in cash Tuesday night.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]The four suspects struck Ashley Reed, Lawrence, on the back of the head and pointed a gun at her head before fleeing from 12500 block of Teacup Way at 10:30 p.m.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]Lawrence police said when Reed pulled up to the house to make a delivery, four men approached her and one put a gun to her head. They demanded her cash and one of the suspects hit her on the head, knocking her down.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]The robbers left a full soft drink bottle and receipt for the pizza at the scene.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]The mangers at Marco's Pizza said another driver earlier fled from a delivery of six pizzas less than a mile away when two suspicious looking men approached him on the 12400 block of Bearsdale Drive.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]Police said whoever called in the order never called back to inquire about the pizzas. When the restaurant called the return number they were hung up on. Police traced the number to trailer on Treewood Drive in Indianapolis but no one was there when they checked it out.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]Reed had a red spot on the back of her neck from being hit but did not require medical attention.[/FONT]

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    [FONT=arial, helvetica][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Robbers hit pizza delivery driver[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
    By John Tuohy
    john.tuohy@indystar.com
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]A 21-year-old pizza delivery driver in Lawrence was robbed at gunpoint of $80 in pizza and $80 in cash Tuesday night.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]The four suspects struck Ashley Reed, Lawrence, on the back of the head and pointed a gun at her head before fleeing from 12500 block of Teacup Way at 10:30 p.m.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]Lawrence police said when Reed pulled up to the house to make a delivery, four men approached her and one put a gun to her head. They demanded her cash and one of the suspects hit her on the head, knocking her down.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]The robbers left a full soft drink bottle and receipt for the pizza at the scene.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]The mangers at Marco's Pizza said another driver earlier fled from a delivery of six pizzas less than a mile away when two suspicious looking men approached him on the 12400 block of Bearsdale Drive.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]Police said whoever called in the order never called back to inquire about the pizzas. When the restaurant called the return number they were hung up on. Police traced the number to trailer on Treewood Drive in Indianapolis but no one was there when they checked it out.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica]Reed had a red spot on the back of her neck from being hit but did not require medical attention.[/FONT]

Which is why pizza delivery drivers should be allowed to arm themselves. Sometimes a 12" MagLite just won't cut it.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    Just getting on this now, but nice rant. I used to work at pizza places growing up.

I stopped ordering from places that charge a delivery fee. I tip well, because I never order pizza that isn't on "sale" as it is. I might order 3 pizzas for $20, and I have no issues giving $5-10 in tip because I would have spent that much $$ at a different place as it was.

When I was stationed at Fort Riley, the trip up to the top of the hill was easily a 20 minute drive from town. In exchange for taking 40 minutes of time out of this guys day, whoever didn't order (my roommate and I took turns) would pitch $15-20 the guys way. Should have seen the look on their face, although we were just being nice for him burning gas to get us food. We ALWAYS got the same guy.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Yeah I gotta say after your rant I have been tipping delivery drivers more because I see where your comin from MyGlockRocks. they seem to appreciate it!:yesway:

Top Bottom