• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JustGone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    In the PRK now =(
    You can't remember to read the ticket and pick up a bottle of pop but i'm the one making the crappy job you freely choose worse?:rolleyes:

Right, I bet it's a union's fault right.

15 pizza's in 4-5 hours and you can't read a ticket and get it right and I'm the one who makes your crappy job worse.

You know the delivery driver might not be the one that has taken your order over the phone, so your order of pop might have not been recorded by the person ringing up your ticket, therefore in this situation it wouldn't be the delivery drivers fault for "forgetting" your pop.

Never thought of it that way eh? You gotta look at it from different perspectives, not just the you are almighty and take it out on the messenger.

In situations like that gettin yelled at or what not is very frustrating, how would you like to be yelled at for someone else mistake?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    You know the delivery driver might not be the one that has taken your order over the phone, so your order of pop might have not been recorded by the person ringing up your ticket, therefore in this situation it wouldn't be the delivery drivers fault for "forgetting" your pop.

Never thought of it that way eh? You gotta look at it from different perspectives, not just the you are almighty and take it out on the messenger.

In situations like that gettin yelled at or what not is very frustrating, how would you like to be yelled at for someone else mistake?

I wasn't addressing any other hypothetical, imaginary, or real situations other than the one the poster specificly stated it was his mistake. What ever you can imagine or other wise come up with is irrelevant to my comment.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    how would you like to be yelled at for someone else mistake?
    Getting yelled at for mistakes made by someone else? Shift supervisors report to managers, managers report to district managers, district managers report to regional managers, regional managers report to area vice-presidents, etc...
    :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Ive been known to give $10-$20 tips. I dont order to often but its nice to make someones day. I remember parking RVs at a campground (tipping was completely optional) and how awesome it was to get a $20 tip from the old folks after a day of nothing (again tipping wasn't expected, just nice since pay wasn't the best). Of course I cant always afford a big tip like that but its fun to do everyone in a while if I can afford it, really makes the drivers day. :)

You sir, are my favorite kind of customer. It ABSOLUTELY makes my day to get a 10 or higher tip, even if the next 3 or 4 people stiff me.

I also tend to tip higher than average at restaurants, or the odd time I order a pizza, just because I know what the jobs like, and how much that few extra bucks can make ya feel.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    You sir, are my favorite kind of customer. It ABSOLUTELY makes my day to get a 10 or higher tip, even if the next 3 or 4 people stiff me.

I also tend to tip higher than average at restaurants, or the odd time I order a pizza, just because I know what the jobs like, and how much that few extra bucks can make ya feel.

Last Christmas we left to head to Colorado to visit my family. One of the only places we could find to eat outside St. Louis at 7 p.m. on Christmas was a Carl's Jr. Because those folks had to work Christmas, I tipped both the gals working up front $20 a piece. I wanted them to know how much I appreciated them working on a holiday.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    You can't remember to read the ticket and pick up a bottle of pop but i'm the one making the crappy job you freely choose worse?:rolleyes:

Right, I bet it's a union's fault right.

15 pizza's in 4-5 hours and you can't read a ticket and get it right and I'm the one who makes your crappy job worse.

Ok, lets clarify this just a bit more....I don't think you're getting what I'm trying to explain.

In the event that its MY fault that your soda didn't arrive at your doorstep (as opposed to it being the ORDERTAKER'S fault, which does happen), I have two options.

I can....

A. Follow store procedure, burn 30 to 40 cents worth of gas, and go back to the store to get your drink. This process may take up to half an hour or more, but its what I'm SUPPOSED to do when I forget your soda.

B. Burn 5 cents worth of gas, spend 2 dollars of MY money, and go to the gas station and get your drink back within 5 minutes. This is what I do when you're not a jerk, and tip well.

B is not required of me....its not in my job description, or the employee handbook. Its something nice I do when I screw up, and don't want you to have to wait long for me to correct MY mistake. When I encounter someone like you....well, I really don't mind making you wait for your cold beverage.

There, is that easier to understand? I'm not shuffling off responsibility for my mistake, I'm just saying there are 2 ways in which I deal with it, that vary depending on what kind of customer you are.

You've never made a mistake at work? Wow, I spend every day wishing I was more like you....:rolleyes:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

That comparison is a crock of crap.

Now onto the real things...

People must understand with the economy that things are tighter, that means less money to go around.

If you got a family that's earning power is greatly diminished, so is it's ability to buy and tip. Heck that pizza they buy may be the only splurge they have for the month for the kids and them. So it's possible that there will be a meager tip.

And yes a $1.00 is a tip no matter what you think, better than a kick in the arse and people not ordering pizza (no orders, no job) and saving the money on what is a really over priced pizza a lot times.

Stop and think, if Pizza Hut can charge 19.00 for a large pizza, spend millions of dollars a year for ads and even more money for remodeled eateries and new stores then you think they could afford to dish out min wage + at least 50% of the delivery charge to the driver.

It's a catch 22, biotch about the tips and continue to make some money, and provides yourself with some added extra $$'s or biotch and leave and make none.

Personally if I was in this situation again like I was in 85 delivering pizza's, I'd be happy as heck that I was able to have the second job to pay my bills because my first job sure wasn't cutting it money wise for me.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    You've never made a mistake at work? Wow, I spend every day wishing I was more like you....:rolleyes:

Sure have, I just never blamed it on some one else, whined about it and then expected extra pay and a pat on the back for fixing what I should have done right the first time.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Sure have, I just never blamed it on some one else, whined about it and then expected extra pay and a pat on the back for fixing what I should have done right the first time.

You non-slug.... Look at what the unions have done to you, taking responsibility for yourself.

TO THE OP

If you forgot my pop not only would I expect my pop delivered, by the time I was off the phone with the manager or district manager my next pizza would be a freebie. Why should I be punished if YOU can't do your job correctly?

There are plenty of people to take your place so if you don't like being a pizza boy QUIT!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC

Ok, I give up, you win.:facepalm: Wait....you're the guy with too many pepperonis on his pepperoni pizza, aren't you!?!?

If it wasn't for the tips, this job wouldn't be work doing. Most, if not all (seeing as how I'm part time) of my regular pay would go into my gas tank, or towards other maintenance on my car. I make about 40 bucks a week in base pay, and it typically costs me about 10 bucks a day in gas alone.

And drivers that don't take care of their vehicles find themselves out of work pretty quickly. Oil changes, tire rotation, transmission filters and fluid...you stay on top of that crap, or your car breaks down. 100 miles a night adds up quick, and very little of it is highway miles....its mostly stop and go, residential driving.

To those of you so far that have stated that you're good tippers....thank you. You help keep the gas tank full, and the lights on at home. I work this job because YOU make it worth it.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    You non-slug.... Look at what the unions have done to you, taking responsibility for yourself.

Unions have done a lot for me for sure and I appreciate them and support organised labor.
    The union nor the union rep was ever there doing my job for me nor did they ever fix anything I did wrong.

Last edited:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    This.

If you go to a restaurant, the waiter stops by to get your food and drink order, and brings out your food in 15 minutes, but that whole time you're still sitting there without drinks; you mention it to him, and he says he'll bring your drinks right out, but you notice he stops to deliver food to two other tables before running back to get your drinks, and by the time he finally brings them to you, you're done eating dinner: do you tip the waiter well, if at all?

A tip is meant to reward the service provider for a job well done. If you forgot something on the order, why should we tip you in advance for not doing your job? Who's to say you'll actually come back with the soda? (Every time my soda has been forgotten, it's never come back unless I refused to pay for the entire order until I had it).

If you forgot the soda, ran to the local grocery a mile down the road and came back right away, I'd likely be inclined to tip you my standard rate (which is usually 20-25% of the bill, just like I do for restaurant service), just because I know your pizza joint is a good 6 miles from my house and if you're back in five minutes, it means you stopped somewhere closer. If you ran back to your pizza store and brought it back in 15 minutes, I'd probably tip you less than normal for missing it in the first place and making me wait (because if I'm ordering soda through a pizza place, it means I don't have any in the house -- pizza soda is WAY overpriced, just like most pizzas). If you don't come back at all or take more than a reasonable amount of time to get back, then no tip at all. Why should you be tipped for a job poorly done?

:twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC

TO THE OP

If you forgot my pop not only would I expect my pop delivered, by the time I was off the phone with the manager or district manager my next pizza would be a freebie. Why should I be punished if YOU can't do your job correctly?

There are plenty of people to take your place so if you don't like being a pizza boy QUIT!!

You won't be punished, you'll get your pop....but I'm not gonna go out of my way to get it to you quicker if I get a dressing down at the door for it. I'll do my job, and be professional about it...but I'm not doing you any favors if you're a jerk. Thats the point I'm trying to make.

Yeah, sometimes I don't like my job...so I should just quit and go on welfare, right? Grow up. I work this job to keep the lights on, at MY expense instead of yours.

Geez, all this anger over a friggin 2 liter of soda....I'll bet the guys sounding off over how outraged they are don't tip in the first place.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Ok, maybe THIS is the misunderstanding....

You don't tip me when I forget your soda. Thats fine. I screwed up, and therefore I should accept responsibility for it.

The point I'm trying to make is....if you have a HISTORY of being a good tipper, I'll go out of my way to make up for it. If you have a history of being a *******, you'll wait until I get back from the store.

If the good tipper doesn't tip because I forgot his soda, well, I forgot his soda. But I want to keep him as happy as possible, so I don't make him wait too long to get it. The guy that ALWAYS stiffs me, though....well, I'll do my job.

I'm not whining about it, for petessake...I accept the fact that I screwed up, and ain't getting a tip for this run. The point is, if I know you're a good customer, I'll treat you better than the guy that shuts his door in my face every time I come to his house.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Ok, I give up, you win.:facepalm: Wait....you're the guy with too many pepperonis on his pepperoni pizza, aren't you!?!?
    :bacondance: I win! :bacondance: I win! :bacondance: I win!
    Nope, not me. I doubt you even had a driver's license the last time I had a pizza delivered. I know I haven't since 1994.

To those of you so far that have stated that you're good tippers....thank you. You help keep the gas tank full, and the lights on at home. I work this job because YOU make it worth it.

When I was calling in the pizza orders it was for 5 - 10 pizza's at a time and the delivery guy got a tip of 20-30% or more for the cost of each pizza all from one single trip. Don't recall I ever got an order late or with the order wrong a single time in all the years I called in the orders and pick up the food at the gate. Mann's grill, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, I don't recall any of them ever got an order wrong or came late. They all seemed pretty happy to get that run and not one ever acted like they were doing me the favor to get the order right and on time.

Top Bottom