• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Meijer doesn't seem to have been affected much. I go to Save A Lot in town(that name is inaccurate btw) a lot too and they're always pretty well stocked.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    How do you guys think things are looking at your local region grocery stores? Aside from ever increasing prices, I'm not seeing nearly as many empty shelves or bins the past 3-4 weeks at Meijer. Most important, they have plenty of bacon.
    Cause and Effect... the prices increase, people stop buying.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Anyone else want to go to this?

It's on Mother's Day, but my wife will be out of town with the kids & grandkids.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    On a good note, one of my fencing students won the silver medal in Division 2 fencing the Illinois Division qualifier event for the summer national championships. She will now progress to the national championships this summer and can compete in both the Div 2 and the Div 3 events.
    And 2 more won medals.

So far today:
    • SILVER Women's Div 2 Saber
    • SILVER Men's Div 2 Foil
    • BRONZE Men's Div 2 Epee
    There is still one more in the competition for Men's Saber but I'm not expecting him to get a medal in Div 2. He stands a better chance of medaling in the Div 3 event later this afternoon.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Got some outside work done in the dry part of the day. Rain barrel and hose reels are out of my way in the garage. Time to listen to the rain.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    And 2 more won medals.

So far today:
    There is still one more in the competition for Men's Saber but I'm not expecting him to get a medal in Div 2. He stands a better chance of medaling in the Div 3 event later this afternoon.
    And the day just got better.
    • SILVER Men's Div 3 Saber
    4 of my members went to the tournament, I actively coach 2 of the them, help the other 2, and all 4 qualified for the National Championships and will fence in a combined total of 7 events.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    And 2 more won medals.

So far today:
    Saber, foil, and epee? Wow. I didn't know there are different kinds of fencing. Are the rules similar across all disciplines?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Saber, foil, and epee? Wow. I didn't know there are different kinds of fencing. Are the rules similar across all disciplines?
    All 3 are very different. I coach Saber. I enjoy Epee. I tolerate Foil.

The similarity is all 3 are on the same size playing field. But the weapons are different, tactics are different, scoring is different, techniques are different. Think rifle, shotgun, pistol. That is how different the weapons & techniques are in fencing.

Tip speed of a saber is then 2nd fastest thing in the Olympic games, only thing faster is a bullet in the Pentathlon.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    All 3 are very different. I coach Saber. I enjoy Epee. I tolerate Foil.

The similarity is all 3 are on the same size playing field. But the weapons are different, tactics are different, scoring is different, techniques are different. Think rifle, shotgun, pistol. That is how different the weapons & techniques are in fencing.

Tip speed of a saber is then 2nd fastest thing in the Olympic games, only thing faster is a bullet in the Pentathlon.
    Are all represented in the Olympics? And thanks for the clarification

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Happy Sunday morning. I think I may have to get out the mower today for the first time this season. My lawn is a slow starter each Spring. It doesn't really get going until late May.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Happy Sunday morning. I think I may have to get out the mower today for the first time this season. My lawn is a slow starter each Spring. It doesn't really get going until late May.
    Friday wad my day. Yard was the driest it had been in a while to not tear things up.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Got some outside work done in the dry part of the day. Rain barrel and hose reels are out of my way in the garage. Time to listen to the rain.
    It's awesome to get all of that stored crap out of the garage in the Spring. My wife's pile of garden knick knacks keeps growing each year. I'm on a mission to permanently reclaim some floor space.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom