• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Tried to pull a dead Mugho Pine out of the ground with the front end loader. Didn't quite work out as planned. 7000# of cast iron tractor, including 200# of my aging human body, lifted up in the air, balanced on the front left tire. The pine, however, did not budge. I can't push it out because their is a fence next to it on one side and other plants adjacent to it. So I have one side of attack.

Anyone know if it will rain on Monday and Tuesday?

That would soften the ground, maybe then it will lift out?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Maybe chop some of the roots?
    That is probably going to be necessary. I was hoping it would just pull out. Tight working area + rocks for ground cover mean that chopping the roots is not going to be a fun job.

If we don't get enough rain I may to to flood it with the garden hose and then try pulling it out again after that. I've successfully pulled small trees out of the ground with the tractor, was hoping, still hoping . . . keep hope alive!

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    If we don't get enough rain I may to to flood it with the garden hose and then try pulling it out again after that. I've successfully pulled small trees out of the ground with the tractor, was hoping, still hoping . . . keep hope alive!
    Bringing back flashbacks of a 6'+ diameter stump I used to have. I still have about 5 chains that I still need to sharpen cutting roots out. Used bobcat and pieced by pieced it for a while, then I paid a guy with a stump grinder to do it. Got a deal as he was in area anyway though. Good luck!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Tried to pull a dead Mugho Pine out of the ground with the front end loader. Didn't quite work out as planned. 7000# of cast iron tractor, including 200# of my aging human body, lifted up in the air, balanced on the front left tire. The pine, however, did not budge. I can't push it out because their is a fence next to it on one side and other plants adjacent to it. So I have one side of attack.

Anyone know if it will rain on Monday and Tuesday?

That would soften the ground, maybe then it will lift out?
    Cut it off.

Drill 1" holes in the stump. (Ships auger works well for this)
    Fill holes with lawn fertilizer.
    Forget about stump.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom