Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Not stressed, but this originated in Bolingbrook, IL. You'd think this would faster. I'd pay extra not to be FexEx still.Screenshot_20220501-211343_Samsung Internet.jpg

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Not stressed, but this originated in Bolingbrook, IL. You'd think this would faster. I'd pay extra not to be FexEx still.View attachment 198192
    I had stuff shipped from Tinley Park ,Il by FedEx to here and it was sent up to Milwaukee to Indy back to Chicago to Hammond and to Hobart. Went close to Hobart twice and still had to wait a couple of days for delivery.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I had stuff shipped from Tinley Park ,Il by FedEx to here and it was sent up to Milwaukee to Indy back to Chicago to Hammond and to Hobart. Went close to Hobart twice and still had to wait a couple of days for delivery.
    It was in Indy this morning. Guess that is the route it takes.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Tried to pull a dead Mugho Pine out of the ground with the front end loader. Didn't quite work out as planned. 7000# of cast iron tractor, including 200# of my aging human body, lifted up in the air, balanced on the front left tire. The pine, however, did not budge. I can't push it out because their is a fence next to it on one side and other plants adjacent to it. So I have one side of attack.

Anyone know if it will rain on Monday and Tuesday?

That would soften the ground, maybe then it will lift out?
    How dead? I just burned out a 10" diameter stump by drilling a 1.125" hole down the center as far as I could (about 12"), then drilling 3 horizontal holes, evenly spaced, at ground level to meet the center hole, then pouring kerosene in putting "fatwood" in the center hole to get it started. It seemed to be working with a small fire staying lit down inside, but not being a patient man, I stuck the torch of my MAPP gas torch in one of the horizontal holes (important- on a 3+ foot hose with the tank away from the stump), lit it up and let it run at about 25%...then I went to bed.

When I got up, the 14oz cylinder was empty...but there was a smoking hole a few inches below the surface where the stump had been.

Last edited:

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    And I'm hearing we can see 1-2" of rain. Tomorrow.
    I wasn't watching the weather so thanks for the heads up. I got out this evening for the first mowing of the season and did some other yard maintenance stuff. I got a new EGo string trimmer and blower for a retirement gift and finally tried them out on real yard work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom