Does Wal-Mart think we are stupid? Or ignorant?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Went to Fresh Tyme got grass feed rib steaks for $9.99 a pound. Stops Walmart for TP & misc stuff. I refuse buy meat at Walmart ....just outa grins and giggles I looked, rib steaks $14.99 to 19.99 a pound , packed in 4 to 6 oz service boats. So the price was $7.99 to $9.99 each....my goodness not on sale I can get rib steaks for aprox $11.99/lbs at Kroger or Mejier
    Am I the only one who thinks walmart preying on the ingredient or the uninformed?

Walmart learned about what it could get away with during the scamdemic.

I hardly ever shop there, giving them up for their support of gun control groups.

I did stop there in the spring, while checking to compare crappie bait prices. Groceries were on the errand list, so for giggles I swung through the meat section. Everything 50% higher than Kroger, a lot double sale pricing.

:spend:

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    So...

Who's in for a group buy at one of those shady meat trucks that park in the Menards parking lots? 20 ribeye's for $40? Whats the worst that could happen?

"Meat" trucks.

giphy.gif

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Must be regional to me cause I keep a REAL close eye on meats including pork and chicken since I only buy on sale meat to stock the deep freeze. I'll usually buy on sale meat that a good deal in quantity whether I need it or not as long as I have the room. My Walmart and JayC have the same price on Ribeyes that are choice grade. (When no sale is going). Their prime cuts are the same in price too.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Just bragging here: Have not stepped into a Wally-World in like 5 years. They only have one item that could get me. They have a pocket knife with D2 steel for under $10. It is an increadible deal. You can look for this on the page the link below takes you to:

Ozark Trail 7.5 inch Slide Lock Folder Folding Knife with Ball Bearing 3.3 inch D2 Blade Belt Clip​

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Does Wal-Mart think we are stupid? Or ignorant?​

Yes. How do you think they became some of the richest people on the planet?.

Am I the only one who thinks walmart preying on the ingredient or the uninformed?

No, but the thinking would still be wrong for those participating in a capitalist society. As long as monopolistic anti-competitive practices are not being employed it is a market of choices, as a consumers should make the best choices for themselves.

Years ago there was a higher end grocery that it was near unanimous that folks believed they were the highest priced store in town. But the local paper did an annual article in which they went to every grocery in town and bought the same grocery list at every store and every year the high end store was cheapest.

Why did the people perceive it was high priced? The high end store sold many high end items that were expensive, like awesome cakes and pies and specialty foods, people did spend more there because they bought extra nice items they couldn’t get at other stores.

Why were the prices lower on necessities at the higher end store? They made bank on high end stuff and lower margins on necessities. The perceived high end store was cheaper than the perceived lower end store. We consumers must be vigilant in our market interactions…

Top Bottom