• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I hit my first critter in 30 years of riding Saturday. Squirell shot out of a driveway, from behind a low border edge. I just caught fast movement in my perifrial vision and felt the bump, bump. Happened so fast I had to circle back to see what it was.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Most Harley riders are alright but the more Harley gear they wear while riding their Harley, the bigger the douche. I actually got a lot of compliments on my Honda Shadow(RIP) here in NWI but whenever there was a sneer, it was some fat old fart dressed in Harley branding down to the skully.

Thats the new generation that bought there first Harley in their 40's, and have 5,000 dollars in Tee shirts and Harley jewelry on the spouse.
    Look girls he bought me an engagement ring at Bensons Harley Davidson.... Most cant even change there own oil.....
    Those of us that learned to ride shifting with our right foot just shake our heads at them.
    They are as silly as the Japanese V twin riders that rip off the exhaust, wear shinny leather vests and constantly blip the throttle.... Posers...... :rockwoot:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I hit my first critter in 30 years of riding Saturday. Squirell shot out of a driveway, from behind a low border edge. I just caught fast movement in my perifrial vision and felt the bump, bump. Happened so fast I had to circle back to see what it was.

LOL.... Ok I have to ask, Gray, Red or Black squirrel? Or was it a Piney?

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.

Yeah but is the squirrel ok??

Don

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Most Harley riders are alright but the more Harley gear they wear while riding their Harley, the bigger the douche. I actually got a lot of compliments on my Honda Shadow(RIP) here in NWI but whenever there was a sneer, it was some fat old fart dressed in Harley branding down to the skully.

Yeah, I've received so much **** from HD riders over the years that I just start giving it right away now. Nothing really wrong with the motorcycles (other than being cruisers, which I personally have no interest in), but it seems many of the owners have an... attitude problem (not all, of course).

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    And how did it taste after being tenderized?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Cleaned on her a little this afternoon. Plan on putting in a couple of hundred miles tomorrow...:rockwoot:

clean.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah, I've received so much **** from HD riders over the years that I just start giving it right away now. Nothing really wrong with the motorcycles (other than being cruisers, which I personally have no interest in), but it seems many of the owners have an... attitude problem (not all, of course).

Shadows are cruisers so their usual "crotch tickets aren't real bikes" crap doesn't stick(let's ignore for a minute how stupid that train of thought is). They can never really articulate any real advantages. The problem is the minority who don't like it are the most vocal. The majority who couldn't give a damn what anybody else rides(and might even appreciate it)don't say anything.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

I have a lot of Harley shirts. Occasionally someone will ask why I’m wearing one while riding a Goldwing. I just tell them it’s not my fault their shirts last longer than their bikes. :laugh:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Looks like HD has officially "delayed" the new Pan America adventure touring bike. That bike is now showing up as a 2021 model, so it is not cancelled, as many feared. It was scheduled to debut this year.

The status of the BRONX Streetfighter is less certain. It seems to have vanished from the website, press releases, etc.

Both the Bronx and the Pan America were to use the same engine, but were otherwise radically different bikes aimed at different consumers. The Pan America is positioned to give HD an entry into the growing adventure/touring segment, one of the few strong segments of the motorcycle industry.

There are also questions about the HD 390cc Chinese built bike that was supposed to give HD an entry into the Asian market. The bike is a clone model of a 390 bike that looked like it would be sold under 3 different brand names, with some plastic body panels and brand specific logo engine parts being substituted between each brand. In addition to the Chinese producer, the bike would be shared with the Benelli brand as well as the HD brand. At this point I'm unsure if the HD version of the bike will be sold at all, or perhaps just delayed?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I have a lot of Harley shirts. Occasionally someone will ask why I’m wearing one while riding a Goldwing. I just tell them it’s not my fault their shirts last longer than their bikes. :laugh:

Willie thanks you for spending 35 to 50 bucks on a Tee shirt...
    Funny that you dont ever see any of the 70's - 2000 Goldwings on the road...
    But you will see a sea of that vintage Harleys still on the road....
    Knuckles, Pans and Shovels.. Still leaking, still running and still can get parts for them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Willie thanks you for spending 35 to 50 bucks on a Tee shirt...
    Funny that you dont ever see any of the 70's - 2000 Goldwings on the road...
    But you will see a sea of that vintage Harleys still on the road....
    Knuckles, Pans and Shovels.. Still leaking, still running and still can get parts for them.

It's the same reason you still see 60s and 70s cars on the road - they were prettier, simpler, faster and more fun than what replaced them

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have started out on a Kawasaki 440 LTD when I was 15. Soon as I have gotten good at riding my stepdad plunked down a manila envelope and said: You will pay me back! Now get your ass to the Forester's Harley shop and trade in that Jap crap. So...I bought a used 78 Low Rider at 16. I was already in the Guards so I had income plus working for the old man on our rental property. Been riding them since. 40+ years. I have also owned Yamaha RD 400's , Yamaha XT 500 single, Ducati Monster, tons of dirt bikes , Kawasaki KZ700 with Kerker exhaust, GPZ 750 turbo, plus an electric bike. I appreciate 2 wheelers no matter the brand and even old school trikes made from VWs and Can Ams and the Harley trike both Freewheeler and the deluxe jobbie. I give everybody the 2 wheels down wave no matter what they ride. It's all about camaraderie not brand.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    All you HD guys and I'm just like . . .

4809bd3917e33986f2ab181749091dec.jpg

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene

Don't know about that. My ride is a 2004 Springer bought new in 2003 and still going fine. The last bike before that was a Sportster that I had and rode for 24 years before going to the big twin. Jim.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom