• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Don't know about that. My ride is a 2004 Springer bought new in 2003 and still going fine. The last bike before that was a Sportster that I had and rode for 24 years before going to the big twin. Jim.

My 95 Springer developed the dreaded Evo case crack at 60k miles. I bought the Wing so I’d have something reliable to ride while I worked on the Harley. Haven’t touched the Harley since.

I’ve put 10k miles on the Wing since December.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

I see lots of gl1500’s and several gl1200’s. Can’t remember the last time I saw a pre-Evo Harley actually on the road. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but most I’ve seen have been trailered to events or shows. Goldwing owners tend to actually ride their bikes

Ok.. I was at Halos bar in Alexandria last sat night and there was about 15 scooters in the parking lot. Two new harley trikes, a couple new tours, a couple twin cam baggers, 4 or 5 shovels and two 70,s ironheads.... I have yet to see any vintage hondas in Madison co except the 150 scooter that Rick Davidson rides to work on occasion. Hes a State Farm agent here in town. Along with all the clubs in anderson and all the visiting clubs that hit the monthly Bikes on Meridian in Anderson not a vintage big cc honda among them.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ok... not a vintage big cc honda amoong them.

Could be, in large part, because there were far fewer of them sold. HD had 85+% of the big bike market during those years. So logically whatever small % was left over for Honda during the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s would mean far fewer were on the street and even if a high % survived to this day it would still equal a very low total number.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Ok.. I was at Halos bar in Alexandria last sat night and there was about 15 scooters in the parking lot. Two new harley trikes, a couple new tours, a couple twin cam baggers, 4 or 5 shovels and two 70,s ironheads.... I have yet to see any vintage hondas in Madison co except the 150 scooter that Rick Davidson rides to work on occasion. Hes a State Farm agent here in town. Along with all the clubs in anderson and all the visiting clubs that hit the monthly Bikes on Meridian in Anderson not a vintage big cc honda among them.

Wonder why Goldwing riders don't hang out at bars and bike shows? I think you know.;)

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Could be, in large part, because there were far fewer of them sold. HD had 85+% of the big bike market during those years. So logically whatever small % was left over for Honda during the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s would mean far fewer were on the street and even if a high % survived to this day it would still equal a very low total number.

It very well could be... But im guessing if I down graded and chez upgraded what bars we go to each of us would see what the other one sees. I see more right shift 60's sportsters than I see vintage big cc imports.

Purple implied where needed...

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Wonder why Goldwing riders don't hang out at bars and bike shows? I think you know.;)

They are wearing the wrong costume? Or could it be we dont hear them coming? :rockwoot:
    To me its like open or concealed... Ride what you love... But pay willie for them Harley Tee shirts...

Everyone teases.Some should lighten up a bunch.. I get my balls busted good when I stop in Tom Woods Motorsports when I stop and order dirt bike parts... Its all good..

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    They are wearing the wrong costume? Or could it be we dont hear them coming? :rockwoot:
    To me its like open or concealed... Ride what you love... But pay willie for them Harley Tee shirts...

Everyone teases.Some should lighten up a bunch.. I get my balls busted good when I stop in Tom Woods Motorsports when I stop and order dirt bike parts... Its all good..

I agree 100% with you on "ride what you love". That's way more important than brand loyalty. To the casual observer my bike looks and sounds a lot like a Harley. That had a lot to do with why I bought it and enjoy it. ALL BIKES MATTER;)

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I agree 100% with you on "ride what you love". That's way more important than brand loyalty. To the casual observer my bike looks and sounds a lot like a Harley. That had a lot to do with why I bought it and enjoy it. ALL BIKES MATTER;)

See. Get yourself a few tees from Benson's HD and the girls will never know your ride is not from Milwaukee... You just gotta learn to blip the throttle on downshifts and unnecessarily when sitting at traffic lights... And stare strait ahead... And crank the ****ing music up so everybody LOOKS AT MEEEEE....

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    See. Get yourself a few tees from Benson's HD and the girls will never know your ride is not from Milwaukee... You just gotta learn to blip the throttle on downshifts and unnecessarily when sitting at traffic lights... And stare strait ahead... And crank the ****ing music up so everybody LOOKS AT MEEEEE....

I've been learning the throttle blip from watching youtube. I almost have it perfected.:rockwoot:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I've been learning the throttle blip from watching youtube. I almost have it perfected.:rockwoot:

And dont forget the costume. Especially a pair of those Harley boots with all those buckles on them. I learned here that a correct costume is of the utmost importance...
    That reminds me to order a few new HD dew rags and Tee's...And boots, a wallet, vest, sun glasses and one of those skull rings...
    And one of those fake hose sleeve tattoos.... Because real tattoos really hurt to get...

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I hit my first critter in 30 years of riding Saturday. Squirell shot out of a driveway, from behind a low border edge. I just caught fast movement in my perifrial vision and felt the bump, bump. Happened so fast I had to circle back to see what it was.

I told your story to about 20 other bikers over the weekend... Folks were howling.
    And nobody had ever heard of a cyclist running over a squirrel... lol.
    Good stuff.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

I see lots of gl1500’s and several gl1200’s. Can’t remember the last time I saw a pre-Evo Harley actually on the road. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but most I’ve seen have been trailered to events or shows. Goldwing owners tend to actually ride their bikes

Honda events dont have the fun, boobs, tattoos or draw that the Harley events have....
    What week is Honda Week in Daytona and Sturgis again? Asking for a friend...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Today's been a lot of software updates and long compiles.

Another forum tipped me off to DanDan the Fireman:
    [video=youtube;t8w9wrM1W-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8w9wrM1W-s[/video]

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Honda events dont have the fun, boobs, tattoos or draw that the Harley events have....

I can't imagine the excitement of a Goldwing event. Harley folks do have fun :rockwoot:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I just seems to me, in the grand scheme of bikes against the cage people, they should be our brothers - even if they won't act like it

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My bike is garaged for the next week or two. Just discovered a bad chain. Noticeably badly kinked up.

I'm pissed about this for a couple reasons. First being that I missed diagnosing this early. Second that there is no economical way to replace the chain. Sprockets required, expensive tools required. The chain itself is not terrible expensive, even for a better one, but everything required... ugh.

Still studying best ways to go with this. As of now, it looks as if sprocketcenter.com has decent pricing on a DID chain/sprocket kit and DID's chain tool.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

You lost me at "events". I ride to get away from people (although small groups of three-five riders on a trip is also enjoyable since you spend most of the day on the bike with your own thoughts).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom