• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Can't speak to certain things per my attorney but the property damage just barely paid off the bike so I'll probably be looking to buy from scratch next summer

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Can't speak to certain things per my attorney but the property damage just barely paid off the bike so I'll probably be looking to buy from scratch next summer[/QUOTE

Gotcha. :yesway: Any idea what you're wanting for a next bike?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Probably another Honda, or Yamaha. Kinda want another cruiser but maybe something else. I like and I hate the Honda Fury at the same time. Unfortunately the newer Shadows only go up to 750cc. On the other hand, I'm interested in the Africa Twin too.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Probably another Honda, or Yamaha. Kinda want another cruiser but maybe something else. I like and I hate the Honda Fury at the same time. Unfortunately the newer Shadows only go up to 750cc. On the other hand, I'm interested in the Africa Twin too.

I'm loving my Fury. Quite a change coming from a sportbike but just as fun in a different way. Much more enjoyable after changing the the Cobra Swept exhaust.

swepts.jpg

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Sat on one at B&E in Valpo this spring and can say for sure the bars would be the first thing I'd change. Also how was the sound with stock pipes? I was gonna do drags on my Spirit with the baffles that screw out but never got around to it because it was a carbed bike and didn't feel like messing with that until it was almost time to put it up for the year.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Sat on one at B&E in Valpo this spring and can say for sure the bars would be the first thing I'd change. Also how was the sound with stock pipes? I was gonna do drags on my Spirit with the baffles that screw out but never got around to it because it was a carbed bike and didn't feel like messing with that until it was almost time to put it up for the year.

Stock pipes are pretty lame. I drilled them out and gutted the cat converter but it was still lacking. The Fury is fuel injected and is not effected by exhaust changes. If you open up the intake you need a tune though. What about the bars don't you like? They seem OK to me. :cool:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I remember them feeling a bit "short". Like I wouldn't quite be able to sit back like you should on a cruiser. Maybe the Shadow Spirit spoiled me.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I remember them feeling a bit "short". Like I wouldn't quite be able to sit back like you should on a cruiser. Maybe the Shadow Spirit spoiled me.

Yeah a lot of folks get 3" risers that bring the bars closer. You do have a forward lean to the bars. I may look into the risers later on. It's only money :rockwoot:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That sucks! Any damage? I dropped my RC51 once because I didn't get the kickstand locked down. It pinned me against the garage wall and I almost had to call 911 to get out! :D

Not near as bad as most think. No damage other than very slightly scratched parts that were designed to protect the important stuff.

My bike tended to be top heavy before I put the Trax boxes on. Luckily, I discovered this on forums and put bark busters and crash bars on the week before I dropped it the first time. Trax box corners are synthetic and don't think a thing about getting in the gravel or on the concrete.

I did have some slight trouble getting the bike back upright this time as my bare feet had trouble getting enough traction on the garage floor. I was stubborn and pissed though, so I got it. Might not have been the best idea safety wise to not jump into the riding boots to upright the bike though.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I got work caught up, so time to ride came just this week.

Going through the prelims, I rolled the bike forward to move the valve stems appropriately.

Of course, I dropped the bike in the garage. Hopefully that gets the bike dropping out of the way for this year anyway. :rolleyes: Top heavy bike gets dropped +/- once a year. More often in the gravel driveway.

Couple hundred miles in a couple days. Once I get on the bike, it's hard to get off...

I’d never dropped a bike in my life until I got the wing. Dropped it in a gravel driveway after having it less than a week. Fortunately, it sits pretty right on the engine guards as designed. I’ve since had a couple more opportunities to pick up the 1000 lb beast. I’ll set it over intentionally just to teach someone how to pick up a heavy bike.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Jesse's run for juvenile diabetes went well last week. Last year we raised a 10k donation for the cause. Hear is a pic of some bikes in the morning during the breakfast before we start rolling.
    116443751_10219408014565823_8025814396721753027_o.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My kid is a Type 1 Insulin dependent diabetic just like Jesse.

Given the fact that diabetes is a huge risk factor with Covid, I'd never let my diabetic child go into a situation where he/she is touching a huge group of strangers. In fact diabetics are among the very highest risk group of people who face serious complications from Covid.

That said, this looks like a great motorcycle event and glad to see it raised a nice purse for the cause.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I was at Lake Cycle (HONDA) in Merrillville about 30 days ago and the showroom was packed, probably 50 bikes in the building. Another half dozen parked in front of the building.

Today at Lake Cycle there were maybe a dozen in the building. Exactly 3 parked outside and they were 150cc and lower. I think there was 1 Goldwing in the building, a month ago there were at least a half dozen. 1 or 2 of the Africa Twins. A few of the 500cc CB variants. 1 used NC700x. A couple smaller model bikes. WOW. Apparently Covid has people buying bikes! I was there to pick up some louder horns for a couple of my bikes, the parts guy said they "sold 'em" when I asked what happened to the inventory.

Anyone have a clue if other shops are also selling boatloads of bikes?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    https://www.facebook.com/events/225126815164398

"[FONT=&amp]Watt is a little boy here in Huntington who has lost his battle to cancer on july 24, 2020. This ride is to raise money to help the family with what financial help they may need.$10 a rider
    $5 a passenger
    50/50
    Starting location Vik[/FONT]y[FONT=&amp]ing Express Gas station
    Ending location will be at VFW
    Registration at 9am
    KSU at 11am[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]cars and trucks are allowed, but gonna be behind the motorcycle line.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]more details TBA stay tuned[/FONT]

This is a friend of the family, he passed about a week and a half ago. Any support from the forum would be appreciated, as well as anyone who can come for the ride and stuff. My son and I will be on the FXDLS with matching Airflite helms with gold visors :D

Top Bottom