• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe138

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Heltonville
    In 2021, the Republican-run Kentucky legislature voted to introduce a law that changes how the state would fill a vacant Senate seat in the case of death, illness, or any other reason for early departure. Previously, Kentucky's governor was able to choose who would fill the position from any political party. In this case, the decision would have been made by Democrat Gov. Andy Beshear.

However, following the passing of Senate Bill 228, the Kentucky governor would now have to pick a successor from the same party as the departed senator. This would be from a list of three names provided by the executive committee of the departing senator's state party.
    This is all accurate, however the sitting Dem Gov. has said that he believes the law to be unconsitutional and will not abide by it.
    Either another Dem Senator or the lack of a Rep Senator could really play havoc on legislation depending on how the election goes.
    I believe 2024 is also a election year for KY Gov. So it would behoove those south of the Ohio river to vote out the current Gov.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    McConnell doesn't have to quit congress. We just need a new minority leader. NOW, before some doctor figures out what sort of drug can get him through the next presser.

If it's necessary, we can play the Fetterman/Feinstein until next election.

We need to put a foot up Braun's ass. He want's to run for governor, so he needs to be accountable. Start publicly calling for an emergency minority leader vote.

:twocents:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's funny to hear all the people wanting laws, term limits, age limits, cognitive tests etc.

At the end of the day the voters are responsible. If the voters can't make even the most reasonable and sensible of choices, then we no longer have a republic, or soon, a country.

That isn't the government's failing. Term limits aren't going to fix a voting population who will continually select the worse possible person for the job.

Last edited:

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    It's funny to hear all the people wanting laws, term limits, age limits, cognitive tests etc.

At the end of the day the voters are responsible. If the voters can't make even the most reasonable and sensible of choices, then we no longer have a republic, or soon, a country.

That isn't the government's failing. Term limits aren't going to fix a voting population who will continually select the worse possible person for the job.

I agree but I think it is from the lack of choices that these people get voted in. Because of two things the two party system AND the enormous sums of $$ it takes to run.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He can step down as leader...

...and he NEEDS TO, right ****ing now.

We are not the dems!
    "We are not the dems!" isn't an answer to my question. What can "we" do about KY's senator? You can say what needs to happen. I NEED to be younger. Not much I can do about that either.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

This might be old news, but it needs spread around.
    How many of these people are in our government?
    Biden
    Fettermen
    Pelosi
    Mitch

Those four off the top of my head.

Don't forget Feinstein, who had to give up power of attorney because she's lost her ****ing mind. Yet she can still serve as Senator?

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011

You can’t vote your way out of this mess. The elections are captured. Rigged

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I agree but I think it is from the lack of choices that these people get voted in. Because of two things the two party system AND the enormous sums of $$ it takes to run.
    I'll add a third: the straight party ticket vote.

An enormous number of people make one selection at the booth.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You missed the real reason. The same apathy that votes in these losers, selects them in the primaries also. Actually the party systems can work well, but the people must be engaged.

The money is minor to the apathy.

To INGO how much money, time and effort are you willing to spend to get better representation?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'll add a third: the straight party ticket vote.

An enormous number of people make one selection at the booth.
    Why would this be a big issue today? That was a thing 30-40 years ago but that ship sailed. The “I vote for the man“ is a moot point in the day of teams. After the Regan years the dems took steps to eliminate any and all conservative dems, that is why Manchin is such a relic. It is over. We need to fight the current battles not the past ones…

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Why would this be a big issue today? That was a thing 30-40 years ago but that ship sailed. The “I vote for the man“ is a moot point in the day of teams. After the Regan years the dems took steps to eliminate any and all conservative dems, that is why Manchin is such a relic. It is over. We need to fight the current battles not the past ones…
    Heck, even truly conservative republicans are few and far between today...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Heck, even truly conservative republicans are few and far between today...
    Who is picking, supporting, and funding them?

If just every INGO member gave $1000 that would amount to $52 MILLION, we could pick, support, and fund a lot of great 2A believing representatives with that. I put more than that out there, what is everybody else doing?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    McConnell doesn't have to quit congress. We just need a new minority leader. NOW, before some doctor figures out what sort of drug can get him through the next presser.

If it's necessary, we can play the Fetterman/Feinstein until next election.

We need to put a foot up Braun's ass. He want's to run for governor, so he needs to be accountable. Start publicly calling for an emergency minority leader vote.

:twocents:
    Okay. I suppose that's something we can do. Pressure our senator to ask for new leadership. Since McConnell controls the money flowing through the RNC our complaints will go nowhere until the Senate decides McConnell's office does not pose a threat to them to start demanding things.

So about Mitch. We all like to hate on him. I enjoy a good McConnell roast like everyone. But we also like to speak fondly of many of the SCOTUS decisions that's come out over the past couple years. We owe a bit of thanks to Mitch for that. Also, we can thank Mitch that the guy who has shown himself as a partisan ********er as AG. It's bad enough that Garland is the AG, but I'm just pleased as punch that he doesn't have a lifelong job as associate supreme court justice.

McConnell had to play some dirty tricks to bring all that about. He changed the rules in the senate to fulfill his promise to Harry Reid, to make dems pay for going nuclear. So he changed the rules to allow a simple majority vote to confirm SCOTUS nominees. And he just flat out refused to allow a vote on Marrick Garland. Took a willingness to get dirty to do that.

I'd rather not have a dirty Senate. I also think payback is a bitch, Harry Reid, you (dead) corrupt pedophile. Since we can't have nice things, at least I like some of the results of McConnell's corruption. That doesn't excuse McConnell for being a corrupt, possibly treasonous old ********er. Let's give credit/blame where it's due.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Who is picking, supporting, and funding them?

If just every INGO member gave $1000 that would amount to $52 MILLION, we could pick, support, and fund a lot of great 2A believing representatives with that. I put more than that out there, what is everybody else doing?
    Indiana would rather have walking trails than responsible government, obviously.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Okay. I suppose that's something we can do. Pressure our senator to ask for new leadership. Since McConnell controls the money flowing through the RNC our complaints will go nowhere until the Senate decides McConnell's office does not pose a threat to them to start demanding things.

So about Mitch. We all like to hate on him. I enjoy a good McConnell roast like everyone. But we also like to speak fondly of many of the SCOTUS decisions that's come out over the past couple years. We owe a bit of thanks to Mitch for that. Also, we can thank Mitch that the guy who has shown himself as a partisan ********er as AG. It's bad enough that Garland is the AG, but I'm just pleased as punch that he doesn't have a lifelong job as associate supreme court justice.

McConnell had to play some dirty tricks to bring all that about. He changed the rules in the senate to fulfill his promise to Harry Reid, to make dems pay for going nuclear. So he changed the rules to allow a simple majority vote to confirm SCOTUS nominees. And he just flat out refused to allow a vote on Marrick Garland. Took a willingness to get dirty to do that.

I'd rather not have a dirty Senate. I also think payback is a bitch, Harry Reid, you (dead) corrupt pedophile. Since we can't have nice things, at least I like some of the results of McConnell's corruption. That doesn't excuse McConnell for being a corrupt, possibly treasonous old ********er. Let's give credit/blame where it's due.
    Now do whether he deserves some blame for the defeats in 2022 and finding himself minority leader by being unable to support senate candidates selected by the people but who he didn't like (PA, AZ, GA etc) or supporting candidates the voters didn't like (AK)

He's another 'servant' of the people who thinks he can substitute what he thinks is best for what the electorate thinks is best and lines his own pockets at every opportunity

Top Bottom