• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    The “people are too fat and SATISFIED”. That comment was about the people, not candidates, doing the work, supporting with time and money to beat other interests back and get the type of government we want.

Most folks are not hurting enough from what is going on to do anymore than complain.
    I can agree with that some aren’t even hurting bad enough to vote…. But then again some are hurting so bad and feel their vote doesn’t matter

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I can agree with that some aren’t even hurting bad enough to vote…. But then again some are hurting so bad and feel their vote doesn’t matter
    Simple voting will not solve this. We must band together, recruit good candidates that can take the heat, work for those candidates, and fund those candidates. Folks here talk like there is some big conspiracy in Indiana government. The Indiana RINO’s are the product of we have it pretty good and all that work is not a priority for most.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Seriously though, how would we handle it for example anybody who wants to run for Governor can just sign up and we have 50 people on the ballot running for Governor?
    Putting names on the ballot doesn’t change anything. As a voter you are still expected to know the candidates. Some will get votes and some will not. Many states even have runoffs when needed. You fail to give voters the credibility that they can weed through the chaff. Based on your look at this, exactly how many is too many? 5? 9? 6, but no way7? The party leaders hold a tight grip on control. That will never change. Fixing access to the ballot will be done with new parties. There will never be any changing the existing ones as long as they have their control and seats in the system.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So we should have no restrictions and 3000 candidates on the election ballot?

If you cannot meet the restrictions for statewide offices you do not have enough support of the people to run.

Theoretically it should work like this, you get elected to city council, then grow to county council, then to state rep, then state senator, then fed rep, then with all that experience and work, get one of the states senate positions. It is ludicrous that politics have evolved to where we want an unknown and inexperienced candidate to run…
    Like Trump for example? :):

:stickpoke:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Fixing access to the ballot will be done with new parties.

The party leaders hold a tight grip on control. That will never change.

Based on your look at this, exactly how many is too many? 5? 9? 6, but no way7?

This is just not true in Indiana. If all of INGO could agree on a candidate, (never going to happen) we could easily work to get the signatures required, and get our guy on the ballot. Then we could fund our candidate and win if we convince our fellow Hoosiers our candidate was the right one.

On a primary ballot as many as meet the requirements to be on the ballot. In an election more than three is too many for most of the electorate.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think it is absolutely ridiculous that people are expected to be a lifetime politician in order to get a public office……. This should not be a career.
    It is just as ridiculous to think that most people are in any way qualified for or have experience to hold office. Most folks barely manage their own affairs and now they are going to manage the people’s affairs?

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    For sure it is. But contrary to what many think, we do need leadership, particularly in cities and folks that cannot manage their own money certainly are not capable of managing the publics.
    Maybe some people need leadership? Perhaps it should be a voluntary program.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Oh yes, but most grow out of the wild west phase and understand that does not work.

Wasn’t saying the Wild West. But since you brought it up….. it did work. If we have learned anything in the last few years Progress doesn’t always mean improvement.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It is just as ridiculous to think that most people are in any way qualified for or have experience to hold office. Most folks barely manage their own affairs and now they are going to manage the people’s affairs?
    But there's still a lot of people who've never held public office who've followed politics and government policy long enough to know good vs bad policy and could do better than many who have hold public office today.

For example, I've followed politics and government policies for 50 years or so since my youth, and I see people elected to office who support policies that I've been alive long enough to know don't work.
    If I can see this, I'm sure others who've never been elected to office can too.

Top Bottom