• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've thought about this a bit and have come to a simple conclusion.

IF Sen McConnell can think and only suffers fugue like spells then I have no problem with him retaining office. In other words if he is mentally competent outside of his "spells" then I have no problem with him keep office. IF he cannot think and is not mentally competent then he needs to retire with dignity. A fugue like "spell" doesn't necessarily mean he is mentally incompetent unless we are told otherwise by a neurologist, psychiatrist or other proper mental health professional. I would believe each individual human being would require an individual diagnosis. Like the lawyers say, "It depends..."

My concern with Sen Feinstein is that in some interviews her mental competency appears to be questionable. IF she is truly mentally incompetent then she should retire with dignity immediately.

To my thinking it is the ability to think and remain mentally competent that should determine whether a person in any position should hold that position, elected or private sector is irrelevant.

Regards,

Doug

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I've thought about this a bit and have come to a simple conclusion.

IF Sen McConnell can think and only suffers fugue like spells then I have no problem with him retaining office. In other words if he is mentally competent outside of his "spells" then I have no problem with him keep office. IF he cannot think and is not mentally competent then he needs to retire with dignity. A fugue like "spell" doesn't necessarily mean he is mentally incompetent unless we are told otherwise by a neurologist, psychiatrist or other proper mental health professional. I would believe each individual human being would require an individual diagnosis. Like the lawyers say, "It depends..."

My concern with Sen Feinstein is that in some interviews her mental competency appears to be questionable. IF she is truly mentally incompetent then she should retire with dignity immediately.

To my thinking it is the ability to think and remain mentally competent that should determine whether a person in any position should hold that position, elected or private sector is irrelevant.

Regards,

Doug

"faith" and "perception" in a leader makes a difference in the ability to get things done.

To see this in practice, the level of respect around the world for the United States is in the toilet due to that doddering pedophile in the whitehouse.

Last edited:

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Wasn't there a story in the Bible about the king not respecting God's property as being sacred, and the king lost his mind and became as if he were an animal wandering in the field? :dunno:

Seems like there was also a part about there being a warning given that no one could understand but God's anointed.

Hrm.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I agree but I think it is from the lack of choices that these people get voted in. Because of two things the two party system AND the enormous sums of $$ it takes to run.

Primaries exist for a reason. People opting not to care about politics except for one day every couple years is why the perception exists that choices are limited.

Public education should play a bigger role in informing the public of the process.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You can’t vote your way out of this mess. The elections are captured. Rigged

Maybe for president.

Everything else? Way too difficult. Maybe a handful of major city counties.
    Local elections matter, and getting your local politicians to isolate and compartmentalize is the path forward.

Federal offices may be the big sexy icon in the public's mind, but constitutional authority exists to much higher degrees further down the chain.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

The big concern is her signing power of attorney away. At that point, you've effectively bait and switched the voting public.
    She should be forced to resign immediately or revoke power of attorney.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Primaries exist for a reason. People opting not to care about politics except for one day every couple years is why the perception exists that choices are limited.

Public education should play a bigger role in informing the public of the process.
    Yeah but the requirements they set out for people to be included in the primary exclude many and benefit few.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now do whether he deserves some blame for the defeats in 2022 and finding himself minority leader by being unable to support senate candidates selected by the people but who he didn't like (PA, AZ, GA etc) or supporting candidates the voters didn't like (AK)

He's another 'servant' of the people who thinks he can substitute what he thinks is best for what the electorate thinks is best and lines his own pockets at every opportunity
    Why do I need to itemize? We can blame him for all the bad **** he’s done AND give him credit for just those two good things I mentioned. So basically, McConnell did two positive things, while being corrupt. And then pretty much everything else is ****, while being corrupt. Does that cover it?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

People need to remember:

"Make sure get what you like, otherwise you'll have to like what you get"

Edit: as well as -
    "You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometimes, well, you might find
    You get what you need"

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yeah but the requirements they set out for people to be included in the primary exclude many and benefit few.

And that's only possible because of how little public interest there is in the process. This lets old timers set up systems and monopolies to make sure they always get what they want.

That wouldn't be possible if the public was even half as interested in a local primary as they are the presidential elections.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And that's only possible because of how little public interest there is in the process. This lets old timers set up systems and monopolies to make sure they always get what they want.

That wouldn't be possible if the public was even half as interested in a local primary as they are the presidential elections.
    But INGO never tires of telling me the candidate must be without visible flaws, when they're not busy obscuring the flaws of their favorite candidate

joe138

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Heltonville
    People need to remember:

"Make sure get what you like, otherwise you'll have to like what you get"

Edit: as well as -
    "You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometimes, well, you might find
    You get what you need"
    Also "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with".

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012

Not true. I was just at the lake county fair and excuse me I do NOT remember what office these people were running for ……. But in order to be placed on the ballot they had to get something like 500 validated signatures PER county (every county in the state) to just get a spot on the republican ballot. Therefore anyone with a life….. responsibilities…. Families… job…. Etc… so the only ones able to even be considered are career politicians. The exact people we do not need running the show.

term limits for all. After the blacksmith is a senator for 2 terms they should go back to being a blacksmith. (Or better yet continue being a blacksmith WHILE serving) politician should not be a career choice, it should be a service.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wonder if he has been checcked for Parkinson's, that would at least remove the mystery.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not true. I was just at the lake county fair and excuse me I do NOT remember what office these people were running for ……. But in order to be placed on the ballot they had to get something like 500 validated signatures PER county (every county in the state) to just get a spot on the republican ballot. Therefore anyone with a life….. responsibilities…. Families… job…. Etc… so the only ones able to even be considered are career politicians. The exact people we do not need running the show.

term limits for all. After the blacksmith is a senator for 2 terms they should go back to being a blacksmith. (Or better yet continue being a blacksmith WHILE serving) politician should not be a career choice, it should be a service.

You get the government you deserve. If politics has to take a back seat to all of those things, well then you're going to get the bottom of the barrel.

This is why I do not like the mindset in this country that everyone needs to be working 80 hours a week. That doesn't permit time for civil responsibilities, especially raising a family on top of it. The people need given the time necessary.

There's a reason for my signature, so many things tie in right back to it. Term limits aren't going to put the local blacksmith in office, only the people having the time to involve themselves in the process enmass, and taking a serious interest in building a good government, will solve the problem.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom