• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If they are soo bad they need to be removed there is an easy way to do it, but apparently their constituents do not feel that way.

Funny thing I watched for many years, congress approval rating is in the toilet, sometimes single digits approval, but 90% of congress has 60% approval from their voters…

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    If they are soo bad they need to be removed there is an easy way to do it, but apparently their constituents do not feel that way.

Funny thing I watched for many years, congress approval rating is in the toilet, sometimes single digits approval, but 90% of congress has 60% approval from their voters…
    The problem is the amount of money behind these corrupt incumbents no one can afford to primary them. With ACTUAL term limits it would keep from one person having the the advantage of the incumbency and “good old boys” club.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The problem is the amount of money behind these corrupt incumbents no one can afford to primary them. With ACTUAL term limits it would keep from one person having the the advantage of the incumbency and “good old boys” club.
    I used to say the things you are saying now. Then I came to the realization that if our elected leaders are term limited, then only the permanent state has experience and knows how it all works. And if you think they will leave town, I doubt it. In fact the allure of high paying jobs after the term limits kick in may make them care even less about the little people than they do…

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I used to say the things you are saying now. Then I came to the realization that if our elected leaders are term limited, then only the permanent state has experience and knows how it all works. And if you think they will leave town, I doubt it. In fact the allure of high paying jobs after the term limits kick in may make them care even less about the little people than they do…
    I guess there is another glaring issue. The guv shouldn’t be so complicated that you need a degree to figure it out. Regulations / red tape / lawyer speak Maybe change the election cycles so old can train the new. All I know is the current system is NOT working. Corruption runs deep.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    And the answer is easy, the accomplishment is hard, vote them out. That simple thing should have been done before they completely rigged the election systems.
    Yes easy answer but nearly Impossible to accomplish with the current process.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Not impossible, but no one wants to do the work, they just want it done while they talk about it…
    The work is legislation and once these people get into the corruption they become consumed with greed and will never vote for anything that put their own gravy train in jeopardy. What work would I be avoiding while talking ? As a voter not a politician. I vote for the people that align with my views but once in office they can do the complete opposite. it is VERY hard to unseat for reasons I’ve already stated even if they completely change stances and no longer align with my views. So once they are in they can do as they please with little to no repercussions from “we the people”.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What work would I be avoiding while talking ?
    Since you asked, this is what we all should be doing. Contributing to candidates we support to defeat incumbents that no longer represent our values. Additionally out knocking on doors, spreading the word and winning over others to join in the fight to take back our government.

It never ceases to amaze me that some folks want to burn it all down thinking they will then get what they want but the same folks do not do anything to make a change right now.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You forgot the purple
    No purple needed for me. I believe the people have the constitutional right to assemble together to ask their elected officials for what they want. Most INGO members have someone lobbying on their behalf. So NRA, GAO, and all the other gun lobbies are to be made illegal?

Go to church that is a part of a large denomination? Probably have lobbyists. Got a job? There are likely lobbyists.

One is either at the table or on the menu...

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Lobbying for constituents is one thing, but I believe lobby for the legal fictions we call corporations and granting them personhood like Rights such as redress of grievances and political speech is another thing entirely.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We need to get to discussing who will be his replacement.

Of course we don't wish ill on anyone, but your average soul does not stay in the hospital for a number of days with a concussion.

It's an easy sell that Mr McConnell, like Biden, Pelosi, Feinstein are beyond their prime and going downhill.

Again, without wishing ill will, this is our opportunity to get a better Minority Leader. We need to take it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Once they get in and tap into the endless $$$$ it's hard to unseat them. Term limits are the way to go.
    When are you and the others saying how great term limits are, starting the work necessary to achieve that end? How much money you guys raising get the constitutional amendment process rolling? I will contribute some to the cause.

Top Bottom