• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Since you asked, this is what we all should be doing. Contributing to candidates we support to defeat incumbents that no longer represent our values. Additionally out knocking on doors, spreading the word and winning over others to join in the fight to take back our government.

It never ceases to amaze me that some folks want to burn it all down thinking they will then get what they want but the same folks do not do anything to make a change right now.
    Barking up the wrong tree with me I don’t need it replaced lol I do support candidates that I believe in AND contribute financially but my willing contribution comes no where NEAR my forced contribution that goes to the opponent of my preferred candidate. And if I wasn’t robbed annually (taxes) there would be much more to support MY candidates.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    No purple needed for me. I believe the people have the constitutional right to assemble together to ask their elected officials for what they want. Most INGO members have someone lobbying on their behalf. So NRA, GAO, and all the other gun lobbies are to be made illegal?

Go to church that is a part of a large denomination? Probably have lobbyists. Got a job? There are likely lobbyists.

One is either at the table or on the menu...
    None of what you stated included handing over large sums of money for political influence and kickbacks.

Yes all of them should be stopped from lobbying, that doesn't make them illegal. The money they spend on lining pockets should be spent on getting real education of firearms and rights to the people. Educating the people so that they don't believe all of the drivel, is the only way things can turn around. Pumping large amounts of ignorant voters out of the school systems every year is a losing battle. If that doesn't change there is no coming back.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    None of what you stated included handing over large sums of money for political influence and kickbacks
    All of that is and always has been illegal so if you have proof of this let’s take them down.

Yes all of them should be stopped from lobbying, that doesn't make them illegal. The money they spend on lining pockets should be spent on getting real education of firearms and rights to the people. Educating the people so that they don't believe all of the drivel, is the only way things can turn around. Pumping large amounts of ignorant voters out of the school systems every year is a losing battle. If that doesn't change there is no coming back
    WOW! Ready to scrap the constitution and give up simultaneously…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I used to say the things you are saying now. Then I came to the realization that if our elected leaders are term limited, then only the permanent state has experience and knows how it all works. And if you think they will leave town, I doubt it. In fact the allure of high paying jobs after the term limits kick in may make them care even less about the little people than they do…
    I agree with you. It isn't the politicians that need to go, it is the bureaucracy.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    All of that is and always has been illegal so if you have proof of this let’s take them down.

WOW! Ready to scrap the constitution and give up simultaneously…
    I guess you can pretend it's not happening if you want.

And I'm not understanding how that's scrapping the Constitution unless you're just going for dramatic effect.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I guess you can pretend it's not happening if you want.

And I'm not understanding how that's scrapping the Constitution unless you're just going for dramatic effect.
    Lobbying is one way the people can come together to leverage their common interest petitioning elected officials. To take that away would simply be taking constitutional rights away.

Pretend what is not happening? Quid pro quo? I am not that naive to think it does not happen but they have found ways to not need to do the illegal.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Lobbying is one way the people can come together to leverage their common interest petitioning elected officials. To take that away would simply be taking constitutional rights away.

Pretend what is not happening? Quid pro quo? I am not that naive to think it does not happen but they have found ways to not need to do the illegal.
    I think there is a difference between citizen lobby groups like the NRA, that lobby for citizen rights, and corporate lobby groups that lobby for what's good for the corporations' profits.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think there is a difference between citizen lobby groups like the NRA, that lobby for citizen rights, and corporate lobby groups that lobby for what's good for the corporations' profits.
    The corporations profits go to the shareholders=the people. If you invest in utility companies you want the corporate lobbyists protecting your investment, at least I do. I certainly do not want politicians making regs that devalue my investment. At its elemental level, a corporation is an assembly of investors.

That said I am not defending corruption in any way…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The corporations profits go to the shareholders=the people. If you invest in utility companies you want the corporate lobbyists protecting your investment, at least I do. I certainly do not want politicians making regs that devalue my investment. At its elemental level, a corporation is an assembly of investors.

That said I am not defending corruption in any way…
    I'm just saying no money should be flowing from the lobbyists to the legislators. And I believe it does.

1678409420888.png

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm just saying no money should be flowing from the lobbyists to the legislators. And I believe it does.

View attachment 261327
    It just seems illogical for them to do so, it is illegal and the cost of getting caught would be huge when they can trade on insider info and make a killing legally. We know without doubt that most of congress is better at picking investments that the best brokers in the business. That is what need to be stopped…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It just seems illogical for them to do so, it is illegal and the cost of getting caught would be huge when they can trade on insider info and make a killing legally. We know without doubt that most of congress is better at picking investments that the best brokers in the business. That is what need to be stopped…
    Yes, I didn't mean literal cash changing hands (although with offshore accounts? Who knows.) Maybe "transfer of wealth" would be a better way to phrase it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Growing up a brainwashed NPR junkie lib, I hated Mitch McConnell.

As a current gun crazy libertarian schizo, I hate Mitch McConnell.

I wish him a quick and easy recovery. Followed by a quick and easy exit from Congress. :)

Top Bottom