• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Almost forgot about strength training. I quit doing my 1000 push-up days, and working out with weights, between that and running/hiking, it was just taking up too much time. For the last several weeks, I've switched over to doing 500 push-ups, at least 5 times a week, along with 100 dips, and 120 pull ups. I can be done with it all in around 40 minutes, and I feel better than when I was doing weights.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Almost forgot about strength training. I quit doing my 1000 push-up days, and working out with weights, between that and running/hiking, it was just taking up too much time. For the last several weeks, I've switched over to doing 500 push-ups, at least 5 times a week, along with 100 dips, and 120 pull ups. I can be done with it all in around 40 minutes, and I feel better than when I was doing weights.

:nuts:

I dont count how many I do but I must be closer to 100 or 200 a day.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Had a great sports massage yesterday and will make that a monthly activity.
    :yesway: I have a standing hour appointment monthly. I always take the next day off to continue to hydrate and let the massage set in fully. I have noticed an increase in strength each month and have fewer nagging pains.

I take in a paper with a human body outline highlighting the areas needing the most attention. She told me she appreciates that and finds it easier to plan the time and makes sure to take care of the problem areas. Win, win!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Ahhhhh! Massage complete. So good I had to figure out how to walk again afterwards! Day off tomorrow to let it set in. As for now, time to hydrate to flush the toxins out. Massage sore is a good sore!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sunday, rode the bikes on the hill.

Tuesday, we did 4 exercises rotated around for 45 mintues, 2 weights, one burpee, one crawl out.

Wednesday, did swords (just form, no sparring or sticky swords) and crunches with medicine ball.

Hit it hard Thursday and Friday. Saturday is a bike and brew.:D

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I did a 10k trail run at Mcormick creek state park today, my first 10k. I did little to prepare for it, aside from, ahem, "carb loading" last night, but I did pretty well. Finished in 67 minutes. Now I'm kinda bummed that we don't have any more runs scheduled the rest of the year.

almost forgot, I ran the race while carrying my full sized SR 9! I always run here by the house while carrying, so I figured why not just carry during the race. Lightweight ripstop cargo shorts, a bio belt, and a Bianchi carry loc holster are down right comfortable to run in.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Me and a buddy went bicycling last night, started at 6:45 PM. Ended up going 13 miles in the cold wind. I need to find some warmer bicycle clothes. Temps are starting to drop, and I'm not ready to hang up my bike yet.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Massage 2 days ago. Rest and hydration day yesterday. Back on the horse today!

[video=youtube_share;CnBmiBqp-AI]http://youtu.be/CnBmiBqp-AI[/video]

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    ^^^ I love me some Mark Rippetoe. In fact, I need to finish reading his book Starting Strength. ^^^

Also, youth hockey season is back in full swing. I started officiating games this weekend.

One this morning and another this afternoon. Skating is great cardio.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Ouch! Dude just tried to pick up someone I know while she was working out and got to hear those dreaded words: "I'm married." *I wish there was a plane-going-down-in-flames emoji, but this will do:
    :toilet2:
    I must also note: She is a regular, and he is an employee. Double ouch!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Been eating 3500 calories a day, and doing less cardio and more strength training. Got down around 190 and was hearing a lot of comments about looking too thin. I'm at 210 now and have gained a lot of strength over the last few weeks. I'm doing a sort of circuit training workout 3 days a week, consisting of push ups, pull ups, dips, dumbbell curls and leg lifts. I do six sets each, as quickly as I can. It's a combination of everything I was doing before, but more organized and all in one session. I still do a lot of hiking, but only go for a short run maybe once a week.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Anyone else here into the old school heavy duty, mike mentzer type stuff? I have done a variation for some time. A have just now started adding static holds and negatives to my workouts.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    After skipping leg day for a couple weeks, I hit them hard yesterday. I am feeling it today. I don't know why but if I have to get something done and skip a workout day it is always leg day.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Finished my running season about 2 months back. Taking 2-3 months of downtime. I find it makes me like running more. I start to despise it if I do it year round.

Oh yeah, killed my target race of the season. Sub 15 hour 100 miler. Won by almost 2 hours. Running pace was ~7:40 minutes per mile. Average pace was 8:43 minutes per mile if you include stopping to eat, refill water bottles, water the grass, and the miniscule amount of walking I did.

Cross training for the past 2ish months has been working on the house. Mostly concrete work. Moving 80 lb bags of concrete. Definitely put on some muscle over the past couple months.

Last edited:

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I set a new personal best for mileage this year (my year begins and ends on September 9th,...anniversary date of a back surgery). I totaled 1367 miles running. The previous 2 years were 1167, 1060 respectively. I hit a plateau the end of the year and have changed my workout up for this year. I am now ruck marching 4 miles a day with a 20llbs in my backpack. I am planning to add weight as it becomes easy. So far, it is kicking my rear end.

Dirty Steve

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Finished my running season about 2 months back. Taking 2-3 months of downtime. I find it makes me like running more. I start to despise it if I do it year round.

Oh yeah, killed my target race of the season. Sub 15 hour 100 miler. Won by almost 2 hours. Running pace was ~7:40 minutes per mile. Average pace was 8:43 minutes per mile if you include stopping to eat, refill water bottles, water the grass, and the miniscule amount of walking I did.

Cross training for the past 2ish months has been working on the house. Mostly concrete work. Moving 80 lb bags of concrete. Definitely put on some muscle over the past couple months.

Nice! I don't even want to drive 100 miles, let alone run it.:faint:

Top Bottom