• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Got to the gym this morning after not getting there Monday (on vacation in Nashville, TN) and yesterday (got back from Nashville late). Went five miles in 15 minutes on the stationary bike, did some weight stuff and then did half mile on the treadmill in 20 (to cool down but keep moving).

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Did 2 miles on the river trail here by the house, temps were in the mid 20s, with some crazy wind at a few points, but I layered clothing and was comfortable the entire trip. Down to 252 from 276 at the first of January.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Nice job on trail run! Go easy on your ankles with those. Lots of loose stuff to twist on.

i just set a goal of 3.1 miles (a 5k) and did 3.5 in 34:45 instead :rockwoot:

to do the mini or not...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'll tell ya, I never imagined I could drop weight so fast by simply quitting the beer habit. Yeah, I work out and eat better now, but it's amazing how much weight 3 or 4 beers a day adds!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Update: Day 7 of Advocare 10 Day Cleanse

Stepped on the scale and I have dropped 4.3lbs!
    This is impressive as I have plateaued for a long time!
    (because of schedule I have only exercised 4/7 days: 1 mile of cardio & weights per session)

Updates to come...
    Yesterday was the last day of my Advocare 10 Day Cleanse.
    I'm pleasantly surprised by the results. Down another 1.7lbs! So, out of the last 13 days (hectic schedule), I only exercised 6/13 days.
    Weightloss total: 6lbs!

I can tell a big difference in my waistline and a more comfortable feeling in my intestinal area. I feel great!
    This former skeptic would recommend this to anyone! Feel free to ask me any questions you want. This program was super easy, and as you can see in this thread, I didn't do much.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Did the 2 mile trail again yesterday in colder temps and horizontal blowing snow, actually cut about an eighth of a mile off it because the hill was getting slick. Colder today, so I did 25 minutes on the elliptical. Going to Red Lobster later, and I'm limiting myself to just one cheddar bay biscuit, and some grilled shrimp.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Didn't have much time today so I did two miles of intervals. Ran at 6mph for a quarter, then 6.5. Did a mile of this, then a mile with 6/7mph quarters, though last one was 7.5-8mph :)

walked a quarter mile warmup and still did the 2.25 under 22:30.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I only got to the gym 2x last week. I've been working at a local power plant and walking a lot of stairs all day long, so that should help. I did play some tennis with my son Saturday though. I hope I do better this week.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Signed up with the local YMCA for 7 Personal Training Sessions. First one is tomorrow evening after work. Hope this can keep me motivated and get me moving! Also had a Sleep (apnea) study done as that may be part of my nderlying constant exhaustion.

Plan to use the PT sessions to get me 7 weeks into a regular work-out plan, tehn may buy another 7, etc.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Walked 1.5 miles in the bitter cold over lunch today. Did 10 miles on the bike at the Y after work.

I'm down 1.6 lbs this week over last. Nice to see I'm heading in the right direction after staying pretty steady the past few weeks. I've been eating a lot cleaner by prepping fruits and veggies on the weekends. Having everything pre-cut and bagged makes it a lot easier to pack them in my lunches for work.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Signed up with the local YMCA for 7 Personal Training Sessions. First one is tomorrow evening after work. Hope this can keep me motivated and get me moving! Also had a Sleep (apnea) study done as that may be part of my nderlying constant exhaustion.

Plan to use the PT sessions to get me 7 weeks into a regular work-out plan, tehn may buy another 7, etc.

Walked 1.5 miles in the bitter cold over lunch today. Did 10 miles on the bike at the Y after work.

I'm down 1.6 lbs this week over last. Nice to see I'm heading in the right direction after staying pretty steady the past few weeks. I've been eating a lot cleaner by prepping fruits and veggies on the weekends. Having everything pre-cut and bagged makes it a lot easier to pack them in my lunches for work.

good job guys.

I've been eating better and hitting the gym every night at work. I fell better than I have in two years.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Nothing like straining a Glute while having no clue how you did it. It hurts to sit, stand, walk...guess it's time to contact my masseuse. Going to try to workout around the pain in the meantime.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Nothing like straining a Glute while having no clue how you did it. It hurts to sit, stand, walk...guess it's time to contact my masseuse. Going to try to workout around the pain in the meantime.
    Today was rough. I'm going to keep pushing past it. Went up 10lbs in all arms work today!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I started with my trainer on Tuesday night. Have another session with him on Saturday, then it will be once a week for the remaining 5 sessions. I need to get a workout, probably treadmill in today, and maybe something tomorrow. My plan will be to do a w/o on Tuesday/Th and trainer on Saturday. Other days, I will target some treadmill/bike or swimming time at abput 30 minutes initially.

Top Bottom