• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've only worked 1 day this week, so I've been doubling up on my elliptical time. Did 25 minutes earlier today, gonna get on again in an hour or so and go for at least 15 minutes. Tomorrow is push up day, and I'm hoping to hit 300, been doing anywhere from 225 to 260 last few workouts.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I got back into deadlifting last night. It's been a little whike since I've done them. But tonight my 1rm was 275lbs. I'm trying for 300lbs Monday.
    Tonight, I jumped rope, and did double Kettlebell swings with 2 55lb kettlebells. In between sets, I did 10 pullups.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    rough day of sleeping with a long meeting after my night shift. I did some light weights before work. We leave saturday for vacation. Not sure what I'll be able to do there. I Can run stairs I guess and do pushups/situps

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    poids07a.gif

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've been watching hiking videos on an IPad while on the elliptical, don't know why I didn't think of it sooner......so far I've only watched vids of places I've actually been, but YouTube is virtually limitless with interesting stuff to watch, and it makes the workout minutes just fly by!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The last few weeks I've been refining my workouts, adding a few new things, and getting rid of a few. I'm now keeping cardio only (Tues, Thurs, and Sat or Sun) days, and strength only (Mon, Wed, Fri) days. I was doing both on some days, and never really getting the best out of either one, now, I'm getting in a lot more reps of push ups and dips, and hitting 45-65 minutes on the elliptical. As soon as the weather breaks and the trails are free of ice, me and the wife are going to do some running, and I bought materials and bent some tubing for a pull up and dip station I'm building that will attach to the side of my garage. I've dropped 31 pounds since December, and have stayed motivated to quit being a slug!

I'm actually looking forward to warm weather for the time in several years, since I've lost some insulation, I can NOT stay warm!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Good to hear some stories of success. I feel like I've been stuck taking 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

I've been more active, getting up early to stretch and do some push ups. I've also been walking 1-2 miles a day on my lunch break (even in the bitter cold). The problem is getting to the gym consistently after work.

I've only been averaging 2-3 days a week, and when I get there I don't seem to have a plan, so I sort of float around and wind up riding the bike.

I've also been eating better during the week, but weekends have been tough.

The good news is, I see where my weak spots are, so I can work on them. I also plan to start a weightlifting schedule, so I have a plan when I hit the gym. Now I just need to get past the intimidation factor of the free weights and the huge dudes using them.

DanSwanky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Springfield
    Good to hear some stories of success. I feel like I've been stuck taking 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

I've been more active, getting up early to stretch and do some push ups. I've also been walking 1-2 miles a day on my lunch break (even in the bitter cold). The problem is getting to the gym consistently after work.

I've only been averaging 2-3 days a week, and when I get there I don't seem to have a plan, so I sort of float around and wind up riding the bike.

The good news is, I see where my weak spots are, so I can work on them. I also plan to start a weightlifting schedule, so I have a plan when I hit the gym. Now I just need to get past the intimidation factor of the free weights and the huge dudes using them.

Leave the machines and attack the free weights! Don't worry about the "huge" dudes because they are WAY too busy caring about what They look like and not you. I always love to see people setting goals and showing up every week making gains inch by inch. It isn't about how much weight you can jump in and do, it's about having a positive outlook and just showing up and getting to it. Also, don't be intimidated by the compound lifts (squat, dead lift, bench). Master your form and you will feel great. Set goals each week. Most importantly, having a positive outlook on what you are trying to accomplish will keep you coming back.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

What I do is (when I'm in town) I go to the gym 5 days a week right after work. On Mon, Wed, & Fri I do about 15 min on a treadmill @ 4mph, I then hit the weight machines (about 9 of them) and do 10 to 15 reps moving to the next one with just a little rest. I do 3 sets of the machine / rep's and I'm done for that day. It takes about 1 hour to complete the 3 sets & treadmill. On Tue & Thu all I do is 1 hour on the treadmill @ 4 mph.

I know it's tough right now with all the cold weather and all, but when the winter breaks look into starting a out door activity. My wife introduced me to tennis last year and I fell in love with the game. We try to play about 2x a week (our club has indoor courts) when we can, our club has an activity called tenniscize that keep you moving for 1 hour and having fun playing. You will be surprised how many calories you can burn just by doing something you enjoy. Here is a link to look at about burning calories. Calorie Burn Calculator, Most Accurate

Top Bottom