• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Haha when I was 19 I had (still have) a 655rwhp cobra.. it was about 525rwhp then.
    I got pulled over by a sheriff in an impala. 5.3 vortech.. 315ish HP to the crank.. all he wanted to do was race down the country road we were on.
    So we did and I left that brown suit in that Chevy turd faster than diarrhea after some bad muscles.
    Won't say how fast that car has ever gone, but I will say I've ran the Texas mile @ 188mph lol and 10.22 in the 1/4

He was blown away. As of now. Because of a speeding ticket I got when I was 21, only time she gets driven is to the race track.
    I was young and so dumb in that thing. I'm now older and much more wise. Its messed up that a sheriff instigated that though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Haha when I was 19 I had (still have) a 655rwhp cobra.. it was about 525rwhp then.
    I got pulled over by a sheriff in an impala. 5.3 vortech.. 315ish HP to the crank.. all he wanted to do was race down the country road we were on.
    So we did and I left that brown suit in that Chevy turd faster than diarrhea after some bad muscles.
    Won't say how fast that car has ever gone, but I will say I've ran the Texas mile @ 188mph lol and 10.22 in the 1/4

He was blown away. As of now. Because of a speeding ticket I got when I was 21, only time she gets driven is to the race track.
    I was young and so dumb in that thing. I'm now older and much more wise. Its messed up that a sheriff instigated that though.

Had near the same thing happen to me in the day. I am talking 1971ish 1964 Dodge polara..426 Hemi/4 speed. Well known on the streets. Never beat in a money race. I was pulled over when I left the place we all hung out by 2 cherries. They were just being casual and asking me about my car. Made reference to one of their buddys that had a Talladaga Torino. Asked if I had any problems taking him on for sport.
    Agreed. We went to meet the guy, went out on I-74 by the dam and had at it. I layed off on 1st one so he was on my door. 2nd one I let him win (he was a LEO) so it was 2 out of 3. I hammered his butt so hard it was ridiculous. His buddy's were all over him. I laid low for a while but never heard another word. Things were really different in the day.

No, I do not have that car anymore......who knew.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I actually love speeding cop cars, so that the traffic will flow better. Law abiding cop cars just clogs up the traffic behind them from my observation, especially on the interstate.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Chevy Caprices with the 350's really rocked. Crown Vics are no slouches, the smaller Impalas- HaHaHa, Turd is a complement. Chargers with the Hemi's: Never drove one, can't truly say.
    Troops in our area seem pretty cool on the speed, but any will rock if needed. Not limited to ISP, County, City, or Town Marshals also.

Do you want them to slow down if "your call" is on their agenda? People used to always ask "Late for Coffee? Doughnuts? Dates? What?"

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Dunkin' Donuts isn't open 24 hours you know. If you get there within the last 30 minutes, it's buy one, get one free.

2601935011_09a4defe13.jpg

I can't believe I'm the first to say it...

He was just in a hurry to get some fresh doughnuts he heard over the radio were coming out of the oven at the local bakery :).

public servant beat you to the doughnut joke

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    He was not 90 minutes from his post. He was in Eastern Allen County and assigned to the Ft Wayne post. The call was in Ligonier. He and all troopers are STATE troopers. They go where they are needed. There were no county Officers available at the moment. It was a priority call. Again, stuff happens.

HOLD ON ! Not calling you out on this or BS just stating facts !
    I just google mapped several places including Berne,Indiana , And it is about 15 miles from the south allen /adams county line and it was just over 72 miles ??

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    HOLD ON ! Not calling you out on this or BS just stating facts !
    I just google mapped several places including Berne,Indiana , And it is about 15 miles didntthe south allen /adams county line and it was just over 72 miles ??

Really? He was at the Casad Depot east of New Haven and he had to go to Ligonier. There was no I469 then. As he left, he said That has to be 72 miles up there. I believed him. I didn't drive it.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Aerodynamics. The old taller halogen bars were worse. If they weren't on perfectly straight they could push your car like a slight crosswind, plus they would make an incredibly annoying whistle.

Must be a charger as a crown Vic will not come close to 150mph!

Drag increases with the cube of speed.

You want to go twice as fast? It takes 8x the power to do so. (if drag is the only force).

So yeah, at high speeds even tiny changes in aerodynamics can make a big difference.

Thanks all. I figured it would make a difference, but I didn't know it would be that much. Thanks. :)

Dunkin' Donuts isn't open 24 hours you know. If you get there within the last 30 minutes, it's buy one, get one free.

2601935011_09a4defe13.jpg

I have a picture very similar to that one, but I took mine in Louisville. ;)

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It is 15 miles from new haven to ligonier? I don't think so.

You believe what you want or what google tells you. I know it takes me 45 minutes to get to Ligonier from my house north of Ft wayne. I HAVE driven that many times. It takes me 30 minutes to get to Casad Depot in New haven. Add it up, that is 75 minutes at legal speed.. And that is usng the interstate that was not built at the time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My understanding is that unless they are responding to an emergency WITH lights and sirens, they are held to the same laws of the road as you or I. That said, I once saw a thread on here where a LEO posted a pretty good point; something along the line of "well we could go exactly the speed limit so as to set a law abiding example. Who in their right mind is going to speed past a cop going the speed limit? So they are virtually a rolling traffic jam slowing traffic as they go with NOBODY willing to pass them. So instead he travels a reasonable speed several MPH's over the limit like a normal driver would so as to not hold up traffic.

Basically, if they go the speed limit, people will complain.
    If they go over the speed limit, people will complain.

Hats off to the officers who put themselves in harms way each and every day protecting yours and mine.

This is exactly the reason I rarely drive my squad off-duty. If I jump on 465, I stress out because I'm backing up cars to BFE, and if I should happen to raise my speed to say 60, I start to worry about theh guy who is going to take down my squad number and report me as speeding (it's happened). I find it best just to stay on local roads, or not drive the squad at all.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Whenever LEO go flying past me I always tell myself that "They must be on a mission"
    Whether they are after a BG or have to take a poop, a mission is a mission.

Two buddies and I were on my way home on Mother's Day a couple years ago. I was the last day of our four day motorcycle trip and bad weather was on its way so we were doing almost 80 mph. We were traveling on 70 East when we were passed by a red impala with blacked out windows and a Dare license plate. We followed the car from Terre Haute to Indy at 95 mph. We still talk about that trip but not around the wives. :cool:

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    It is 15 miles from new haven to ligonier? I don't think so.

You believe what you want or what google tells you. I know it takes me 45 minutes to get to Ligonier from my house north of Ft wayne. I HAVE driven that many times. It takes me 30 minutes to get to Casad Depot in New haven. Add it up, that is 75 minutes at legal speed.. And that is usng the interstate that was not built at the time.

never mind !

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Whenever LEO go flying past me I always tell myself that "They must be on a mission"

Two buddies and I were on my way home on Mother's Day a couple years ago. I was the last day of our four day motorcycle trip and bad weather was on its way so we were doing almost 80 mph. We were traveling on 70 East when we were passed by a red impala with blacked out windows and a Dare license plate. We followed the car from Terre Haute to Indy at 95 mph. We still talk about that trip but not around the wives. :cool:

Real cops don't put DARE plates on their car.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Dare plate is red flag for wanna-be cop. No police car will EVER have one. They buy "cop looking" cars and put on a DARE plate to make it look "official".

Top Bottom