• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am just thinking of my average speed when traveling anywhere on the interstate. Never under the limit and seldom at the posted limit but always over the limit. Is there really a limit or is the posted speed just a suggestion????

I am always 10+ over....:)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've heard rumors that the State Police have a Corvette that runs I-74. The officer hangs out at the B-burg BP station with the local cops. My wife knows the station's manager and a couple employees, is in there a bunch, and has chatted with the officers. I guess the SP had to run down a motorcycle last summer some time at 140 MPH+ before the guy gave up. He loves the car (it sounds MEAN), but hates the paperwork after a chase.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Then turn the lights on.....:dunno:

As stated, not everything allows for lights. We couldn't run hot to a domestic unless an ambulance was also in route or there was a weapon in play. I'll also say that depending on the traffic, its sometimes faster and safer to leave them off, especially in the day time. They aren't magic traffic movers, and there's a ton of people in nearly soundproof cars with the radio on, talking on their cell phone, and giving themselves a rectal exam. Its sometimes quicker just to weave through traffic than it is to turn the lights on and wait for people to move right (or just slam their brakes on and sit in the middle of the road...)

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have no idea how fast my crown vic goes anymore. I changed the rear end out after I bough it and failed to get one with the same gearing. Now it reads way slower.

I don't think I'd want to take it much past 70-80mph, the seats offer no side support to keep you from sliding around.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    The state police down here have a Shelby GT500, unmarked. I have seen it on highway 50 East of Versailles twice now! If I was a trooper that would be the best perk besides free ammo! Lol

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy

Blah, that is what the M5 is for!
    186985d1359523006-fs-2002-bmw-m5-carbon-black-black-southern-california-06.jpg

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    I love it when cops speed...I draft behind them. People seem to get out of the way when they see a cop car hauling ass behind them. It really makes my drive stress free and fast. Thanks clearing the fast lane ahead of me!...Keep up the good work. And all you other pussies stop *****ing!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I love it when cops speed...I draft behind them. People seem to get out of the way when they see a cop car hauling ass behind them. It really makes my drive stress free and fast. Thanks clearing the fast lane ahead of me!...Keep up the good work. And all you other pussies stop *****ing!

I like it when cops move over a lane and slow down to pull you over for following them like that.

Although I notice people do this when I drive my crown vic as well, but won't pass after I move over to let them. Weird.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    That car is a standard mustang GT. The only thing Shelby about it is the badges.

I was going to say the same thing. From what I understand, right after that LEO was issued the car, it was wrecked and then when they fixed the car they put some Shelby stuff on if as dress up. I talked the guy one year at a 4th of July parade or something like that. He was with the Mustang Club of Indianapolis.

Top Bottom