• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Im an open book brother, Iv'e got nothing to hide anymore. My younger days were filled with speeding, drugs and alcohol. I have been forgiven and changed by my Heavenly Father. I have nothing to hide from anyone. It sure is a nice feeling not to worry when the Popo is behind me. I took my 4 yr old Grandson to the Elkhart police station with me while I was there getting an out of state vehicle inspected. I asked if they had a uniform officer that could talk to him because he was afraid of LEO. A super nice officer came out and squatted down and talked to my grandson. He talked to him about strangers, being lost in Walmart and other things. He gave him a coloring book and the officer asked if he was till afraid and my Grandson said no. I have great respect for all LEO unless they disrespect me or my family. I even Respect Frank even as mean as he is. :):

Its a good thing your grandson met Officer Friendly and not Officer Frank N. ***hole. :):

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    they can drive fast, and 12" off your tail on 465 when you choose to pull off at the exit half a mile ahead instead of pulling over on the loop :whistle:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Just to clarify, this does NOT mean that someone in an unmarked and not in uniform can't pull you over. It means they can't enforce traffic laws. If I pull you over because you are a suspect in a robbery or you have a warrant, I'm not enforcing traffic laws, and I can still pull you over legally and take enforcement action.
    Where a lot of officers have gotten dinged on this is where the stop was for a vehicular offense, and then they found stuff involving other crimes. The caselaw says that the act of pulling over constitutes an arrest for purposes of that statute. We all know what happens to the fruits of illegal arrests via the exclusionary rule.

In other words, the pull over has to be for a non-vehicular offense or even evidence of other non-vehicular crimes found as a result of the arrest are likely going bye bye.

Best,

Joe

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Kids are almost always easier to deal with. Unless you get the ones whose parents have taught them from a very young age to dislike the police.

It used to drive my buddy crazy who was a Delaware Co officer when a parent would tell their kid in front of him that if they weren't good he would arrest them. He worked security at the Mall so it happened a lot. Some parents make bad choices for their children. That is why I took my grandson with me so he understood LEO are his friend.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    they can drive fast, and 12" off your tail on 465 when you choose to pull off at the exit half a mile ahead instead of pulling over on the loop :whistle:

It was discussed elswhere that the cop already lit you up where he wants you to stop and if you don't submit you might find yourself face down against the curb with his shiney boot against your...oh wait...i think I'm getting my threads mixed up.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It was discussed elswhere that the cop already lit you up where he wants you to stop and if you don't submit you might find yourself face down against the curb with his shiney boot against your...oh wait...i think I'm getting my threads mixed up.

Where he wants me to stop had more to do with location to wait for the next speeder without Turing around at an exit than anything else. I could arm myself in two seconds. Being 12" off my tail at 50mph wasn't real safe. Curb stomping someone with the car off and hands at 10-2 would be difficult to explain in the lawsuit.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Where he wants me to stop had more to do with location to wait for the next speeder without Turing around at an exit than anything else. I could arm myself in two seconds. Being 18" off my tail at 50mph wasn't real safe. Curb stomping someone with the car off and hands at 10-2 would be difficult to explain in the lawsuit.

Shoulda brake checked him... :D

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Most of them are governed to around 130, that is not the actual top end. I know of one agency that used to rechip them to remove the limit and iirc they were able to push 155 in slick top configuration. Those were 2005-2010 cars with 4.6's, not the 5.0's of the 90s. However, they were not terribly stable at that speed and the 4.6's usually blew if that speed was maintained for long.

Heck, it isn't that uncommon for the governed ones to blow if abused long enough.

i dunno if the chargers hold up better or not.

BS, I have had to many cop cars to believe that! Slick top Caprices, Camaros, Chargers will all rip, a 250hp Crown Vic simply cannot put down enough power to punch through that much air!

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The V6 chargers will climb past 130 quick…the Hemis even quicker. The V6 is 70 more HP than the ford and lighter….The hemi is 70 more than the V6. The chargers are faster in the corners with their independent suspension vs solid rear. Depending on the gearing, the Ford will get to around 122-125. You can exceed 130 if you mod the air box by adding a second intake and a K&N filter.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The V6 chargers will climb past 130 quick…the Hemis even quicker. The V6 is 70 more HP than the ford and lighter….The hemi is 70 more than the V6. The chargers are faster in the corners with their independent suspension vs solid rear. Depending on the gearing, the Ford will get to around 122-125. You can exceed 130 if you mod the air box by adding a second intake and a K&N filter.

Annnnd.... top end in the HMMWV?

Also, I'm really really looking forward to the INGO thread / Indy news story where you pull someone over using your HMMWV.

(My BIL is a small town police chief. About 6 years ago, he pulled someone over for speeding - using their small town department GOLF CART.)

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I was stopped last summer by a bicycle cop in Nashville Indiana. Apparently I had failed to see a stop sign on a side street..(there were a lot of pedestrians). When I looked up (into my rearview mirror), he was really pedaling that bike, face all red, blowing his whistle. I will tell you one thing, he could make that bike go a lot faster than you would think!
    I do not know how fast a state police officer can drive...but I know of one NPD officer that can hit almost 30 mph, even on a slight incline!!

Top Bottom