• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hey doc- while you're here, can you offer an explanation why the mortality rate is climbing steadily?

We're testing more people, and getting more positives, but that does not appear to be increasing the percentage of hospitalizations. But, the people that are hospitalized (ostensibly from the virus) are dying more often than previously. But, this doesn't appear to be related to testing more people in hospitals, because most of the people getting tested do not appear to be in hospitals.

The virus should have a X value lethality (absent some mutation). That value should be consistent overall, even if it does hit certain demographics harder.

how do you declare someone is recovered? they claim positives a month after illness starts. are they looking at mortality of all diagnosed or all closed cases? when you die your case closes obviously. but how do close a case on half a million people? there is no one calling to check on the people we send home who look great.

German study estimated 0.4% mortality. the virus does its thing. people and populations vary but data collection is impossible to know recovered, and even death counts are called into question from confounding variables about what did they actually die from.

https://reason.com/2020/04/09/preli...infection-fatality-rate-of-about-0-4-percent/

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    how do you declare someone is recovered? they claim positives a month after illness starts. are they looking at mortality of all diagnosed or all closed cases? when you die your case closes obviously. but how do close a case on half a million people? there is no one calling to check on the people we send home who look great.

German study estimated 0.4% mortality. the virus does its thing. people and populations vary but data collection is impossible to know recovered, and even death counts are called into question from confounding variables about what did they actually die from.

This is one more reason we need more widespread antibody testing.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

I'm actually not asking about the people who recover. My capacity for math is rather limited. I'm only looking at the number of reported positives and the number of reported deaths. Both are going up, but the latter at a faster rate.

The people who test positive and don't die get counted in the denominator of the division. If they die, they get counted in the numerator.

The early German numbers suggested .2%, but that was early when many positives were among young people. They are at 1.6% now, with a MUCH more thorough testing regime (about 350k tests PER WEEK). They are more likely to catch positives through contact tracing, because they got out ahead of it. It does appear that the actual mortality rate is increasing there, too.

My expectation was that when we started doing more testing, the mortality rate would either hold steady or fall. It has not.

It sounds like you're making the point that the testing is biased towards the sick people, do I have that right?

Edit to track your edit:
    Ah, I had found a different article about the German mortality rate.

Your article makes the point, "The German researchers caution that it would be wrong to extrapolate these regional results to the whole country."

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    to what end though? intellectual curiosity or as a threshold to get .gov off your neck?

Well - many reasons.
    For starters I could end my isolation and go see my son and grandson and I could help other people get groceries, OTC meds and prescriptions. I would be able to go get my periodic foot treatment so it wouldn't hurt with every step I take.
    Along with peace of mind and the stuff you said.

We are supposed to get 5 to 8 inches of snow on Sunday which is nothing for my truck so I could be even more helpful for others.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Governor gonna arrest people for going to church and celebrating Easter? **** that tyrant. I had no plans on going to a church for Easter but It kinda makes me want to find one that's open and say do your best tyrant.
    I hope the state gets mother-****ed hard in court over this. But regardless of what some judge says or a legislature says, we all know this is wrong and against the constitution.
    The government is starting to play a very dangerous game.
    We cannot ever allow this to happen again. I want to see the governors powers stripped to that of a dog catcher after this is over

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Governor gonna arrest people for going to church and celebrating Easter? **** that tyrant. I had no plans on going to a church for Easter but It kinda makes me want to find one that's open and say do your best tyrant.
    I hope the state gets mother-****ed hard in court over this. But regardless of what some judge says or a legislature says, we all know this is wrong and against the constitution.
    We cannot ever allow this to happen again. I want to see the governors powers stripped to that of a dog catcher after this is over
    Unfortunately, we’ve already let it happen once, which makes next time that much easier. They’ve lied to us about the danger, the number, the well, pretty much everything, and we let them sequester us “for the common good”. They are destroying the economy while everyone sits glued to their TV wringing their hands in worry. We now wait in Soviet era bread lines to enter a store, to be rationed products, and those of us who were prepared with PPE are shamed publicly for using it and not donating it. Our neighbors are encouraged to report to the state those who don’t wish to live on their knees, we jumped into this in lockstep this time, I find it will happen faster and easier next.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/09/kansa...ors-limit-on-church-services-ahead-of-easter/

Too bad IN Lawmakers have no guts.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Fauci is trying to one-up Holcomb, by suggesting the fed.gov issue Immunization ID cards.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, revealed Friday the federal government is considering issuing Americans certificates of immunity from the coronavirus, as the Trump administration works to better identify those who have been infected and restart the U.S. economy in the coming weeks.

"You know, that's possible," Fauci told CNN's "New Day," when asked whether he could imagine a time when people across the country carry such forms of identification.

"I mean, it's one of those things that we talk about when we want to make sure that we know who the vulnerable people are and not," he said. "This is something that's being discussed. I think it might actually have some merit, under certain circumstances."

So, now we know what form the mark of the beast will take... maybe they can go all the way, and propose implementing it via subcutaneous microchip.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Unfortunately, we’ve already let it happen once, which makes next time that much easier. They’ve lied to us about the danger, the number, the well, pretty much everything, and we let them sequester us “for the common good”. They are destroying the economy while everyone sits glued to their TV wringing their hands in worry. We now wait in Soviet era bread lines to enter a store, to be rationed products, and those of us who were prepared with PPE are shamed publicly for using it and not donating it. Our neighbors are encouraged to report to the state those who don’t wish to live on their knees, we jumped into this in lockstep this time, I find it will happen faster and easier next.
    I'm guilty of it too (complying and thinking it was a good idea and the right thing). I will not next time I can promise that. I have had my eyes opened. For the greater good my butt hole.

Yeah, rat your neighbors out to the government. Where have we seen that before? .... cough cough .. ask Anne Frank

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Fauci is trying to one-up Holcomb, by suggesting the fed.gov issue Immunization ID cards.

So, now we know what form the mark of the beast will take... maybe they can go all the way, and propose implementing it via subcutaneous microchip.
    Been thinking along these same lines for the last few days.
    As easily as we succumbed to these orders, it's easy to see how this could happen.
    It doesn't matter either if you believe this literally as the Bible describes or not, it's all about the control of the people by the tyrants. Or the multinationals. Edit to add; or, actually, satan.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Trump says less than 100000 deaths.

So lets take the top, 100,000.

Now lets take amount of the grants given out by the government and divide it by 100,000. That will tell you how much taxpayer money a life is worth. That should answer a lot of peoples questions then we can discuss if it aligns with our preconceptions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom