Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Social capital is the effective functioning of social groups through interpersonal relationships, a shared sense of identity, a shared understanding, shared norms, shared values, trust, cooperation, and reciprocity.

Welcome to the new world. Think 'influencer'.
    You have social capital here with your long established reputation, me not so much with my 823 posts.
    ​ps this is not a quality post

From the same source, but about this actual company:
    Wikipedia said:
    Social Capital, formerly known as Social+Capital Partnership, is a venture capital firm based in Palo Alto, California. The firm specializes in technology startups, providing seed funding, venture capital and private equity.

I was thinking they are one of those liberal investment firms, but I'm mistaken.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    how do you declare someone is recovered? they claim positives a month after illness starts. are they looking at mortality of all diagnosed or all closed cases? when you die your case closes obviously. but how do close a case on half a million people? there is no one calling to check on the people we send home who look great.

German study estimated 0.4% mortality. the virus does its thing. people and populations vary but data collection is impossible to know recovered, and even death counts are called into question from confounding variables about what did they actually die from.

https://reason.com/2020/04/09/preli...infection-fatality-rate-of-about-0-4-percent/

Makes one wonder if this is intententional; confusing data and such. Garbade in garbage out. I would hope that the health care industry along with the government would be able to accumulate consistent, meaningful data? The world is driven by measured outcomes and if business reporting habits followed this pandemic model, we would have been in big trouble decades ago.

It's not adding up and it's not just the fault of China. I don't blame Trump for this because he depends on his "professionals". When this is done and over, we'll have to look closely at the money / power trail. This is benefiting someone.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Trump says less than 100000 deaths.

So lets take the top, 100,000.

Now lets take amount of the grants given out by the government and divide it by 100,000. That will tell you how much taxpayer money a life is worth. That should answer a lot of peoples questions then we can discuss if it aligns with our preconceptions.

it'll probably end up being around 25k but since deaths are being counted for people that die with the Wu Flu instead of from it, the real number will probably around 15k. Probably less than 10k have died from the virus right now. hard to be certain since hospitals are fudging the numbers at the direction of the CDC.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Now lets take amount of the grants given out by the government and divide it by 100,000. That will tell you how much taxpayer money a life is worth. That should answer a lot of peoples questions then we can discuss if it aligns with our preconceptions.
    Not tracking? Let’s also add in the dollars lost from businesses crushed “for the common good”? I’ve never been a government handout guy, but I am now, and can’t get any relief so far. I didn’t choose to lose my business, the .gov chose that for me. Now in effect, they owe me! Again, they have inflated, exaggerated, and probably outright LIED about this disease from the jump. We are now seeing that many of us may have already had it, and got better, yet they keep on with the charade, to keep us controlled.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Makes one wonder if this is intententional; confusing data and such. Garbade in garbage out. I would hope that the health care industry along with the government would be able to accumulate consistent, meaningful data? The world is driven by measured outcomes and if business reporting habits followed this pandemic model, we would have been in big trouble decades ago.

It's not adding up and it's not just the fault of China. I don't blame Trump for this because he depends on his "professionals". When this is done and over, we'll have to look closely at the money / power trail. This is benefiting someone.

At the end of the day, all the data is being processed by people doing the best they can with limited resources (e.g. time, data). Plain 'ole ignorance and, (hopefully) to a much lesser degree, incompetence are more often the explanation than malice and deception are.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well - many reasons.
    For starters I could end my isolation and go see my son and grandson and I could help other people get groceries, OTC meds and prescriptions. I would be able to go get my periodic foot treatment so it wouldn't hurt with every step I take.
    Along with peace of mind and the stuff you said.

We are supposed to get 5 to 8 inches of snow on Sunday which is nothing for my truck so I could be even more helpful for others.

Agree. Is the "high risk" population to isolate forever?

It always appeared a bit idiotic to me to test only those with severe symptoms. Chances are, the dude has it. What we don't know is what the population as a whole looks like. Random sampling is the only way that accurate results will be known...and those results have value only over the short term. Ongoing random samples should be conducted until the disease is brought under control.

I could be wrong.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

100,000 - is that total loss of life saved?

Because that's the number you want - how many lives were spared, and what was the cost per life. Totally understand what you're getting at.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Agree. Is the "high risk" population to isolate forever?

It always appeared a bit idiotic to me to test only those with severe symptoms. Chances are, the dude has it. What we don't know is what the population as a whole looks like. Random sampling is the only way that accurate results will be known...and those results have value only over the short term. Ongoing random samples should be conducted until the disease is brought under control.

I could be wrong.

Just trying to think how you'd do random testing... "hey, you - come here I want to shove this four inch swab into your nose!"

"No thanks, I'm good."

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

​Oh good I can't wait.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    100,000 - is that total loss of life saved?

Because that's the number you want - how many lives were spared, and what was the cost per life. Totally understand what you're getting at.
    We’ll probably never know the lives spared now that they are saying many of us could have already had it, recovered and never knew?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you're attending just because they say you can't, it's probably better that you stay home.
    God wants you to attend to find a personal relationship with Him; not to defy a government order.
    I dont need to be told that I need to or dont need to by anyone. That includes you. My personal relationship with God is my business and not up for judgement by any man

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom